Gi Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I think the problem is the fact that Marlon Wayans is playing Ripcord. I would have no problem at all with Damon or Keenan Ivory Wayans as the same character.

Why not make Cobra Commander unseen or a cloud of mysterious force so they save money on the budget (as I hide behind a chair). :hehe: :clown:

I just hope CC is masked for most of the movie.

Who here has read the script?

So its OK to cast Quaid as Hawk, but bad to cast someone of that caliber for Destro?

Okay, point taken... I guess I'm just saying we shouldn't denounce casting an unknown. But you're right, casting a big name has its perks too. I'm cool with either... so far I don't find any of the casting choices to be horrible, except for Wayans maybe... but hopefully he won't have enough screen time to ruin it. Or maybe he's learned to act between Scary Movie 2 and now.

According to Latino Review...The best news surrounding Stephen Sommer's G.I. Joe (2009) was announced today...Larry Hama writer of all 155 issues of Marvel Comic's G.I. Joe A Real American Hero will be a consultant on the new film.

If IESB says Destro is the main baddie, where does that leave Cobra Commander?

Maybe just like TF the movie, CC won't make an appearance until the end of the movie ala Megatron in Bay's TF. I haven't read the script, or know anything about it, but i'd imagine that Cobra Commander is kinda like Bin Laden, in the sense that the Joe's are trying to climb the ladder to see who's in charge of the Cobra orginization...

You know what, I'm really tired of the belly aching go on about the casting..yeah I'm very much so a big fan of G.I. Joe; justas much as the next guy and somethings I would like to see may not happen but I STILL RATHER WAIT TO SEE THE MOVIE AND ACTORS AS A WHOLE before I judge!

I mean marlon wayne is ripcord-get over it already! If not then dont go see the movie!

I mean, since when is Ripcord a sacred, fan-favorite character anyway?!?!

Maybe just like TF the movie, CC won't make an appearance until the end of the movie ala Megatron in Bay's TF. I haven't read the script, or know anything about it, but i'd imagine that Cobra Commander is kinda like Bin Laden, in the sense that the Joe's are trying to climb the ladder to see who's in charge of the Cobra orginization...

I agree. That's what my girlfriend and I were thinking. By the end of this first movie they whoop Destro's ass so CC needs to come in to take charge of the situation. I think if anything he won't really be a fighting villain but just a set up for the sequel.

I doubt they're going to know who he is off the bat, like any of us do with other terrorist cells and whatever. He'll just be looming in the background, but I assume they'll make him darker as opposed to somewhat comedic in the cartoon, like how they basically made Roscoe Coltrane into a dangerous hardcase in the dukes of hazzard movie.

If IESB says Destro is the main baddie, where does that leave Cobra Commander?

Maybe Rex will be a JOE for the entire movie, and then, at the end, he is corrupted in some way, discharged, and feels betrayed so he becames CC

That's an origin not too far from one I read (I suppose is a comics origin) and I could live with that

Also, as Dr. Mindbender...
deadgirl_brolin.jpg

Josh Brolin

Maybe in a sequel.

I think he'd be better as Dreadnok Ripper. John Malkovich for Dr. Mindbender, FTW.

51202020_10.jpg

So this has an August release date huh? August has become a part of the summer vehicle as of late, though I figured they'd release in June or July or something.

I'm not denouncing casting unknowns. I'm simply kind of underwhelmed by some of these choices.

I'm sorry but Channing Tatum as Duke? Gimme a break. I've seen his movies and I've found his work rather subpar.

Murray as Destro? When Arnold Vosloo is RIGHT THERE?! Seriously. Vosloo isn't exactly a big name, but he would've been perfect for Destro. Unless it was because he turned Destro down and wanted to be Zartan instead. But you know, not sure why he wouldn't want the main villain role and bigger billing.

The only hopes I have for this movie now:

-Chuck Norris will play Gen. Colton.

-Sgt. Slaughter will have a cameo.

-Scarlett and Snake Eyes will have a romance (still up in the air what direction they will go in).

I can't imagine a movie like this not having some sort of hookup between the two pretty gorgeous people for the posters. So poor Snake Eyes will most likely get the short end of the stick.

I think Matthew Fox as Duke would've been acceptable.

So this has an August release date huh? August has become a part of the summer vehicle as of late, though I figured they'd release in June or July or something.

Look at how well Talledega Nights, The Bourne Ultimatum, and Rush Hour 2 play in August. It's away from some of the bigger, high profile releases, and you can still make a ton of money there.

I mean, since when is Ripcord a sacred, fan-favorite character anyway?!?!

I don't care if Marlon Wayans was just walking in the background without any lines...he still shouldn't be in this movie.

I don't care if Marlon Wayans was just walking in the background without any lines...he still shouldn't be in this movie.

Says who....u have no idea how his role or the role of the character is gonna play out....

I'm not denouncing casting unknowns. I'm simply kind of underwhelmed by some of these choices.

I'm sorry but Channing Tatum as Duke? Gimme a break. I've seen his movies and I've found his work rather subpar.

Murray as Destro? When Arnold Vosloo is RIGHT THERE?! Seriously. Vosloo isn't exactly a big name, but he would've been perfect for Destro. Unless it was because he turned Destro down and wanted to be Zartan instead. But you know, not sure why he wouldn't want the main villain role and bigger billing.

The only hopes I have for this movie now:

-Chuck Norris will play Gen. Colton.

-Sgt. Slaughter will have a cameo.

-Scarlett and Snake Eyes will have a romance (still up in the air what direction they will go in).

I can't imagine a movie like this not having some sort of hookup between the two pretty gorgeous people for the posters. So poor Snake Eyes will most likely get the short end of the stick.

I think Matthew Fox as Duke would've been acceptable.

Matthew Fox isn't a bad choice, but I think he'd look weird with blonde hair. I think Thomas Jane or Aaron Eckhardt might have each made a good Duke, but I'll give this Channing guy a chance.

Ugh whatever. Hair color isn't a pre-requisite to me. Except how bad and fake of a blonde Alba looked like in FF.

Tatum isn't a natural blonde either and he's not a good actor.

We already know Ripcord is Duke's buddy that gets him into trouble and hilarity ensues.

Ugh whatever. Hair color isn't a pre-requisite to me. Except how bad and fake of a blonde Alba looked like in FF.

Tatum isn't a natural blonde either and he's not a good actor.

We already know Ripcord is Duke's buddy that gets him into trouble and hilarity ensues.

Agreed, hair color isn't a big deal, but some people will freak if Duke isn't blonde.

I care more about Snake Eyes/Scarlett than Duke being blonde.

I care more about Snake Eyes/Scarlett than Duke being blonde.

It's been a long time since I've seen the cartoon and I never got into the comics.

Does Snake Eyes ever take off his mask/visor? I always remembered him with it on the whole time.

Just wondering if Ray Park gets any scenes with it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"