Gotham Gotham Season 1, Episode 16 "The Blind Fortune Teller" General Discussion

Barbara hasn't worked since the conception of this series.

At least she looked damn good tonight. When she was on screen I certainly didn't mind having to look at her :woot:

tumblr_njw8vvVlE01rt5ctno5_250.gif
tumblr_njw8vvVlE01rt5ctno3_250.gif

tumblr_njw8vvVlE01rt5ctno4_250.gif
tumblr_njw8vvVlE01rt5ctno2_250.gif

This episode is awesome! I especially loved Bruce and Jerome. Jerome had really good blend of Heath and Jack, but darker. I love how Bruce is so mature, but has those monstrous drawings hinting at what he's going to become. I know that eventually Bruce will fall into a hole and find bats, but I wonder what will inspire Jerome to become a clown? I doubt he just falls into some chemicals and just goes "Hey! I think I'll be a clown". Hopefully it's something original.

Really good episode. Best intro so far this season! Loved the circus scenes mixed with Mama Pengy singing and everything else going on.

This episode is awesome! I especially loved Bruce and Jerome. Jerome had really good blend of Heath and Jack, but darker. I love how Bruce is so mature, but has those monstrous drawings hinting at what he's going to become. I know that eventually Bruce will fall into a hole and find bats, but I wonder what will inspire Jerome to become a clown? I doubt he just falls into some chemicals and just goes "Hey! I think I'll be a clown". Hopefully it's something original.

Well he lives with circus people and makes reference to his mom banging a clown.

Kid was awesome as Joker, hope we get some flashbacks scenes of him.

Well he lives with circus people and makes reference to his mom banging a clown.

Yeah, but that's only the beginning. There's still a lot to build on throughout the series though. Just like Eddie still has time to get into designing death traps and torture devices among other things.

I thought for sure Nygma would solve the riddle for James. The doctor proved to be more of a detective than Gordon up until Jim somehow divined out of thin air that the kid did it. Loved Bruce in the boardroom. But he's kicked a hornet's nest.

I liked this episode very much. I'm shocked that I actually enjoyed Barbara's scenes - I thought they were funny.

I liked the Fish stuff too though I can't begin to guess how her relationship with The Dollmaker is going to affect the overall mob storyline.

Penguin making Butch dance was hokey, but it does remind you of how far away he is from becoming a real boss of any kind.

I really liked the Bruce bits (Mazouz has grown since last summer), but if he's going to try to interject himself into Wayne Enterprises he damned sure had better find a lawyer & a proxy he can trust.

I thought the Jerome kid was quite good, but he didn't remind me of Ledger or Nicholson, he reminded me more of Miller's take on The Joker in TDKR - they're both "dormant", not truly formed or re-formed - he just is.

A complete guess here, but I'm thinking he's going to be the guy that molds the real Joker, heck he might even create him.

I'm pleased.

He also did what heath did with his hands.. he waved them slightly when making a point.

I think the kid did a good job in these scenes..but for me it was kinda awkward.. heaths performance is so
burned in my mind I just have a hard time seeing someone else tackling that role..

The kid actually did a great job, some people are trying to knock him for mimicking Ledger but I can't knock him for mimicking one of the greatest performances of all time when you are essentially a nobody 20 year old.

Fun episode.
Kid joker was pretty interesting.

Anybody else felt like he was trying to mimic Heath ledger's voice inflections? idk he gave me Ledger Joker vibes.
There was definitely a little Jack in there too.

At least she looked damn good tonight. When she was on screen I certainly didn't mind having to look at her :woot:
haha! Agreed.
I HATE how she's written....but
:atp:

I want Jerome to be The Joker. That scene was FANTASTIC.

Cameron Monaghan killed it tonite. He KILLED it. He was everything Joker should be all rolled up into one package. In that one scene alone he invoked such a feeling of unpredictability it was like a roller coaster ride. He played him like the kinda Joker that you could just never possibly know what his reaction to any situation could be. He has to come back. He just has to.

I just have to say this show has been very up and down. Like half the episodes suck and like half are good. With that said the kid that was in this episode tonight laugh was great and very creppy.

Good episode tonight. Wow, that Joker kid was really good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"