Groundhog Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.
i watch gone with the wind when i need a good solid nap.

i watch gone with the wind when i need a good solid nap.

tumblr_ot5zqybnPV1qen5kxo1_400.gif
tumblr_ot5zqybnPV1qen5kxo2_400.gif

tumblr_ot5zqybnPV1qen5kxo3_400.gif
tumblr_ot5zqybnPV1qen5kxo4_400.gif

:highfive:

i'm crying flickchick, truly. did you hate her performance, or the character? the character is a flawed person for sure. as i grew older, i realized that i wanted to be more like Melanie, but the things Scarlett did to survive and for her family i grew to appreciate.

i really don't think Leigh got the credit she should have for how great an actress she really was. she didn't do that many films as she seemed to love theatre much more, but i can't think of many actors who could portray so much with a facial expression without saying a word as she could, even to this day.

8u2WWFI.gif
For a long time I thought it was her performance, but as I saw more of her work later on, I came to realize it was mostly the character. Streetcar Named Desire set me straight on that front.

Also, as someone from Alabama, bad Southern accents really grate on me, and there were plenty to go around in that film, lol.

For a long time I thought it was her performance, but as I saw more of her work later on, I came to realize it was mostly the character. Streetcar Named Desire set me straight on that front.

Also, as someone from Alabama, bad Southern accents really grate on me, and there were plenty to go around in that film, lol.

okay i can give you the accents
scarlett the character is a HBiC lol
she starts off as thing young vain spoiled teen girl, the war turns her life and everyone else's upside down and if i recall, about 12 years have passed from the beginning to the end, but i could be wrong (shame on me CC!) and while i don't like all the choices she made, well, a lot of the choices she made and many did not work out in her favor at all, it was nice to see the progression of a person through all that.

i love the cinematography of the film though. the scene at the beginning where her father gives her the speech about the land of Tara and and how land is the only thing worth fighting for, worth dying for, cuz it's the only thing that lasts, then pans out to that shot of the sun over Tara, that's one of my favorite shots on film :hrt:

also, i love Tara's theme. love it.

all the lore behind the film is so interesting too. the multiple directors, the 1500+ casting search for Tara. the "curses" to befall the actors, how involved the country was at the time when the film was coming out, etc. 1939 was just a good year for film

tumblr_olwg0sEM741r11s4xo2_400.gif

i'm going to call the next one Gone With the Lounge i think :awesome:

Now that I finally watched Cronos, I decided to watch another movie I had been meaning to watch for years but just never had time: Gone With the Wind. As someone with a film degree, it is criminal that I had never seen it, but rarely have I had the 4hrs to watch it through in one sitting. Finally did today....yeah, masterpiece. It lives up to the hype.
Did you see Superman and the Shadow in it?

okay i can give you the accents
scarlett the character is a HBiC lol
she starts off as thing young vain spoiled teen girl, the war turns her life and everyone else's upside down and if i recall, about 12 years have passed from the beginning to the end, but i could be wrong (shame on me CC!) and while i don't like all the choices she made, well, a lot of the choices she made and many did not work out in her favor at all, it was nice to see the progression of a person through all that.

i love the cinematography of the film though. the scene at the beginning where her father gives her the speech about the land of Tara and and how land is the only thing worth fighting for, worth dying for, cuz it's the only thing that lasts, then pans out to that shot of the sun over Tara, that's one of my favorite shots on film :hrt:

also, i love Tara's theme. love it.

all the lore behind the film is so interesting too. the multiple directors, the 1500+ casting search for Tara. the "curses" to befall the actors, how involved the country was at the time when the film was coming out, etc. 1939 was just a good year for film
I can tell I've cut you real deep with this one, CC. :oldrazz:

The Supes ref I get, but lay some science down on us about the Shadow connection to GWTW.

Victor Jory who played Jonas Wilkerson the mean Field Overseer played THE SHADOW in the 1940 serial.

Victor Jory who played Jonas Wilkerson the mean Field Overseer played THE SHADOW in the 1940 serial.

I did not know that. Gonna slip that one in my back pocket. :woot:

I Don't Know Nuthin' Bout Lounging No Babies!

I did not know that. Gonna slip that one in my back pocket. :woot:

Don't forget that Leslie Howard (Ashley Wilkes) also played the French hero/vigilante The Scarlet Pimpernel (1934).

and sadly, his plan was shot down during WWII over the Bay of Biscay if i recall

dragon ball super is insane lol

and sadly, his plan was shot down during WWII over the Bay of Biscay if i recall

Which could have been prevented. The British had broken the German enigma code, and knew his plane would be attacked...but the military didn't call him back for fear the Germans would figure out we had broke the code.

I really liked the Richard E. Grant miniseries of The Scarlet Pimpernel.

I really liked the Richard E. Grant miniseries of The Scarlet Pimpernel.

I've never seen that one....the 1982 Anthony Andrews one was pretty good.

anyone have a galaxy s7? I'm about to get a new phone and its only 20 a month... not trying to drop 35 a month lol

anyone have a galaxy s7? I'm about to get a new phone and its only 20 a month... not trying to drop 35 a month lol

Get it. Better than iPhone.

ha... she took it easy on him... shoulda seen what she did to jokes.
The depraved behaviour of a lot of the most F'd up Hypesters can be put down directly to spending a part of their childhood in the care of Squeek:

I'm not big on romances like that. :( I'd rather watch a ghost story or a monster munching on someone.
:funny:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"