Groundhog Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liking these is the same as liking James Bond or comic book movies, affinity to the source material is needless to enjoy these adaptions.

Speaking for myself; I have less love for Lord of the Rings lore than I do for Star Wars. LotR franchise to me is an allegory for white men fighting their crack addiction, nothing more.

Found my new signature.

I don't know why but this video cheers me up:

I agree you should avoid the politics threads, not because you are not entitled to your opinion but because it just gets too volatile in there. You have a right to your say, but you are too valuable to the rest of the forum to let the others there goad you into getting banned. It's so not worth it. :( I still say you should not have been the only one infracted.

Oh, I have zero interest in the politics forum and wouldn't go there even if I were able. But it gets annoying when there's a whole thread badmouthing and lying about me, mods who refuse to answer PMs included, and I'm unable to defend myself without getting banned. It's crap. I could go on in here post after post pointing out how wrong most of them are, but they wouldn't listen and would assume their wrong opinions are right anyway (as if they somehow know more about my intentions than I do). So there wouldn't be any point. I just got tired of seeing this one accusation coming up over and over again as if it's the greatest example of my imaginary trolling. And since C. Lee, who told me to do that, wouldn't chime in. I figured I'd mentioned it here.

Well Matt created it as an open letter in your defense, but it turned into a hate thread pretty quickly. I honestly think it should be closed.

I have no problem with Matt starting it as it was well intended and he made great points about political discourse, but as with the Trump thread, the moment something contrary to popular opinion is mentioned, flamers come to flame. Some responses were reasonable, but there are specific posters who can never leave it at polite conversation. There are two or three who tend to either outright lie about me, or have completely convinced themselves of falsehoods and speak now as what they are saying is somehow fact (and as is group think, say it enough and eventually people start believing it to be true). It's disgusting but not uncommon for that portion of the Hype. There's a reason why most dodge it. It drags the whole site down and, in my opinion, should be closed entirely.

Last edited:
I'll say this though. It's nice having a lawyer arguing your case for you when you can't argue it yourself. Matt's last few posts have really been spot on. The level of assumptions on my intent when I posted in there has been crazy out of hand. I might have said this before, but I think a small group of posters assumed I was tolling early on and then just labeled everything I did thereafter as trolling. Mods and other posters heard them say it so much that they apparently started reading trolling into my posts when it wasn't there (and never once was). People are seeing the conservative boogeyman.

And since C. Lee, who told me to do that, wouldn't chime in. I figured I'd mentioned it here.
I have only been on the Hype sporaticaly and no where near the political forum for a few weeks.....so go ahead and blame me for something because I wasn't here.

I have no problem with Matt starting it as it was well intended and he made great points about political discourse, but as with the Trump thread, the moment something contrary to popular opinion is mentioned, flamers come to flame. Some responses were reasonable, but there are specific posters who can never leave it at polite conversation. There are two or three who tend to either outright lie about me, or have completely convinced themselves of falsehoods and speak now as what they are saying is somehow fact (and as is group think, say it enough and eventually people start believing it to be true). It's disgusting but not uncommon for that portion of the Hype. There's a reason why most dodge it. It drags the whole site down and, in my opinion, should be closed entirely.

http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=36285321&postcount=114

Let me clarify one thing with this post since it seems that JH is the topic of conversation. I read his posts, they were deemed trollish in nature, and what I like to call "drive by posts" meaning, they really have nothing to contribute to the conversation, but they want to make sure that they get their jab in and then wait and see what "fire" that 3 word post with an emoji gets started. That is trolling....you may agree or disagree with it, I like JH, no problem with him....but those posts whether he meant to or not is not relevant after the fact...it ignites an already EXTREMELY polarized discussion and added absolutely nothing to the discussion. Which is something that I talk about in this post and is at the top as an announcement so that it is not forgotten...because as I said, if this kind of thing continues the forum will be shut down. As far as JH is concerned, that decision was discussed and the decision was made. I'm always ready to discuss any issue, but I will not continue in discussion that end up going round and round.

The tone of this forum will change, or it will be closed.

Liking these is the same as liking James Bond or comic book movies, affinity to the source material is needless to enjoy these adaptions.

Speaking for myself; I have less love for Lord of the Rings lore than I do for Star Wars. LotR franchise to me is an allegory for white men fighting their crack addiction, nothing more.

I know this is random, but do you go by ''Blue Ball Aziz'' on other sites?

On the menu tonight... Vietnamese spring rolls, grilled pork chop with shredded pork on rice and water crest with garlic saice at my local Vietnamese eatety.

How is the evening finding ya'll?

On the menu tonight... Vietnamese spring rolls, grilled pork chop with shredded pork on rice and water crest with garlic saice at my local Vietnamese eatety.

I'll be right over. :D Sounds tasty.

I'm going back to Superman comics where I stopped reading, and I could really benefit from your expertise.
Superman vol 2 #150 is week 44 release in the year 1999, Man of Tomorrow #15 is week 45, then Adventures of Superman 573 is week 47, and Action Comics 760 is week 49. What happened to week 46 and week 48 releases?

I'm going back to Superman comics where I stopped reading, and I could really benefit from your expertise.
Superman vol 2 #150 is week 44 release in the year 1999, Man of Tomorrow #15 is week 45, then Adventures of Superman 573 is week 47, and Action Comics 760 is week 49. What happened to week 46 and week 48 releases?

Good question... My best guest would be to see if the Man Of Steel book was still runnin, and I believe it was. I think Man Of Tomorrow was a quarterly and when it came out it was also given a weekly number. My guess would be you are missing the Man Of Steel's part of that cycle.

Good question... My best guest would be to see if the Man Of Steel book was still runnin, and I believe it was. I think Man Of Tomorrow was a quarterly and when it came out it was also given a weekly number. My guess would be you are missing the Man Of Steel's part of that cycle.
Thanks for the reply.
I found the two missing weeks, Superman 151 is week 46 and Man of Steel 95 is week 48. Ruins the previous order of Man of Steel --> Superman --> Adventures of Superman --> Action Comics.

I have only been on the Hype sporaticaly and no where near the political forum for a few weeks.....so go ahead and blame me for something because I wasn't here.

I wasn't blaming you for anything. I was annoyed that you weren't chiming on on my following your orders, but if you weren't around you weren't around. My apologies.

Kelly said:
Let me clarify one thing with this post since it seems that JH is the topic of conversation. I read his posts, they were deemed trollish in nature, and what I like to call "drive by posts" meaning, they really have nothing to contribute to the conversation, but they want to make sure that they get their jab in and then wait and see what "fire" that 3 word post with an emoji gets started. That is trolling....you may agree or disagree with it, I like JH, no problem with him....but those posts whether he meant to or not is not relevant after the fact...it ignites an already EXTREMELY polarized discussion and added absolutely nothing to the discussion. Which is something that I talk about in this post and is at the top as an announcement so that it is not forgotten...because as I said, if this kind of thing continues the forum will be shut down. As far as JH is concerned, that decision was discussed and the decision was made. I'm always ready to discuss any issue, but I will not continue in discussion that end up going round and round.

Do you have examples of this, Kelly? Maybe I did it more than I realized, but I can honestly only think of once in response to DarthSkywalker (Good Guy Trump), but that wasn't the norm and certainly wasn't with hope of igniting any fires. It was a sarcastic (and yes, unneeded) reply to a post that was similar in nature to show I wasn't taking his constant jabs seriously. I agree that it would have been better to continue ignoring him as I typically do, but I think a warning would have been far more appropriate than a banning.

If anything else read in the same manner as the one I listed above, I apologize. I'd like to know what they were though as there was never any ill intent with any of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"