Guardians of the Galaxy Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was pretty easy to understand.
Maybe he's asking why you bothered hehehe

Here's an idea:

What if they made Adam Warlock be the mysterious alien who falls to earth temporarily and falls in love with Meredith Quill before eventually leaving her and erasing her memories of him? In other words: what if they make Adam Warlock Peter Quill's dad? And then have Thanos be the only guy in the universe (via the Gauntlet) who knows the truth?

Here's an idea:

What if they made Adam Warlock be the mysterious alien who falls to earth temporarily and falls in love with Meredith Quill before eventually leaving her and erasing her memories of him? In other words: what if they make Adam Warlock Peter Quill's dad? And then have Thanos be the only guy in the universe (via the Gauntlet) who knows the truth?

Marvel announced that the designers who worked on Darth Vader's helmet are also working on this movie aren't they?

I think Adam Warlock might need that helmet when he tells Quill he's his father.

They might as well just use his real father rather than bastardizing Warlock's character.

adam warlock is from earth. he is a test tube baby, so to speak. i agree keep quill's real dad. and leave warlock be.

They might as well just use his real father rather than bastardizing Warlock's character.

Quill's real father --- even this new "Leonidas of SPARTAAAAA" (or what the **** ever) schmuck from the new Bendis series --- is a non-entity in the Marvel Comics Universe. The Marvel *Cinematic* Universe doesn't really believe in throwaway characters --- everybody has a purpose, everything happens for a reason, and characters are often combined with other characters from the comics to make stories more concise and economical. If the movie deals with Quill's close-encounters backstory at all, I don't think they're going to waste an opportunity to make his dad a meaningful character (cue Maury Povich episode featuring Thanos and Warlock waiting for those immortal words: "You are NOT the father!")

Quill's real father --- even this new "Leonidas of SPARTAAAAA" (or what the **** ever) schmuck from the new Bendis series --- is a non-entity in the Marvel Comics Universe. The Marvel *Cinematic* Universe doesn't really believe in throwaway characters --- everybody has a purpose, everything happens for a reason, and characters are often combined with other characters from the comics to make stories more concise and economical. If the movie deals with Quill's close-encounters backstory at all, I don't think they're going to waste an opportunity to make his dad a meaningful character (cue Maury Povich episode featuring Thanos and Warlock waiting for those immortal words: "You are NOT the father!")
They can just stick to Peter's new Spartax king dad, who is actually taken from an existing character with a well established background dating back to the 70's, or use some other character as a bases, if they even bother touching on his father significantly at all, but I'd rather not have them turn Warlock's character into something that revolves around Star-Lord. His character has too much history and purpose for that. Combining characters like Crimson Dynamo and Whiplash, or Aldrich Killian and Mullen, or using characters like Coldblood and Firepower as pawns that revolve around another character, is completely different from using Warlock as a vehicle to drive Peter Quill's character.

Last edited:
What do you think are the chances to see an actual big name in the movie?
I mean, the main team is complete now, and the voice actors are not a big deal for general audiences, so what else left?
A big name for an alien villain? I don't know...
Quasar or Nova as supporting characters? Maybe some appearances by Mantis, Cynosure, etc... or even the introducing of the Inhumans?

we are still missing 3 out of 5 on the main team. Thanos, gamora, and rocket have yet to be cast. You can bet on at least 2 out of those 3 to be big names (assuming thanos is in).
Groot really won't need a big name since he will probably only recite the same line a few times and probably roar or something.

Last edited:
we are still missing 3 out of 5 on the main team. Thanos, gamora, and rocket have yet to be cast. You can bet on at least 2 out of those 3 to be big names (assuming thanos is in).
Groot really won't need a big name since he will probably only recite the same line a few times and probably roar or something.
One can assume Zoe Saldana will get the role of Gamora, which leaves only Rocket and Groot of the main team to be cast. Thanos too, if they decide to recast (which is likely)

Zoe is at the MTV Movie Awards so they'll definitely ask her about GotG and put up a video on their comic movie blog

I can totally see Gamora here. Her petiteness doesn't really matter.

jUtFPCM.jpg

I can totally see Gamora here. Her petiteness doesn't really matter.

jUtFPCM.jpg

She can always "thicken" up a little bit through workouts if that's what Marvel Studios wants.

She's never been big, I don't she can get much thicker than she already is.

I guess, but I don't think she needs to. That pic convinces me.

I think she will be kick-ash as Gamora, she proved that already in Colombiana... Looking forward to seeing her in this role. Really think this would be the role that she can become most famous for

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"