Guardians of the Galaxy Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
That'd make sense for the 30th century Guardians, but not for the modern day version. For the modern version, the Skrulls, Phalanx, Universal Church of Truth, Annihilation Wave, etc. make more sense as villains.

The badoon have been used in the comics more since DnA's run ended.

I'll agree with the Universal Church of truth (who by the way also were in the 31st century guardians) and Annihilation but not the Skrulls.

I think the Universal Church of Truth is most likely with some badoons in there. With Thanos/Yondu i think they will hit the religion aspect

And you forget...Star-Lord has relations to the Badoons in his origin now...i dont recall them being the reason in his original origin but the origin used in the new series has the badoon...if that wasnt a clue i dont know what is

I'll be disappointed if the UCT isn't in the film. But it doesn't look like it is. Maybe in a sequel.

Should this film feature a lot of comedy?
Yes.

91oO1Uo.jpg

I'll agree with the Universal Church of truth (who by the way also were in the 31st century guardians) and Annihilation but not the Skrulls.

The Universal Church of Truth also originated in the modern day in Strange Tales when Warlock was carrying the title, and of course the Magus (Adam Warlock) is their god (Yeah, I'm still hoping that Adam Warlock will turn up. If not in the first movie, then in a sequel). They're not a 31st century concoction.

As for the Skrulls, why not? They're a major power in the modern day. They're certainly far more important than the Badoon. The Kree have always been a major factor in the Guardians of the Galaxy, and their greatest enemies are the Skrulls. Odds are there'll be a Kree/Skrull War at some point, in which case the Guardians are bound to be involved.

Since Marvel has the rights of Skulls (but not Super Skull), I don't see why they would not use them in GOTG to set up the Kree/Skull War. It would give them the opportunity to introduce Capt. Marvel and other galactic heroes in the sequels.

The Watcher is also known as Super Skull. :p

Since Marvel has the rights of Skulls (but not Super Skull), I don't see why they would not use them in GOTG to set up the Kree/Skull War. It would give them the opportunity to introduce Capt. Marvel and other galactic heroes in the sequels.

And you never know, while they can't use the Super-Skrull, maybe they can use Paibok the Power-Skrull?

The Universal Church of Truth also originated in the modern day in Strange Tales when Warlock was carrying the title, and of course the Magus (Adam Warlock) is their god (Yeah, I'm still hoping that Adam Warlock will turn up. If not in the first movie, then in a sequel). They're not a 31st century concoction.

As for the Skrulls, why not? They're a major power in the modern day. They're certainly far more important than the Badoon. The Kree have always been a major factor in the Guardians of the Galaxy, and their greatest enemies are the Skrulls. Odds are there'll be a Kree/Skrull War at some point, in which case the Guardians are bound to be involved.

i never said the UCOT originated in the 90s guardians title...i'm aware they are a jim starlin creation from the 70s. I just mentioned they also appeared in the 90s title.

I still think the Skrulls are more likely in Avengers...maybe even in agents of shield as they could spin the story of them looking like humans to bland in and learn for a future invasion (now that i think about it agents of shield might be cool to lead up to them being in Avengers when they are ready to invade).

And for those who might care about this little piece of trivia the skrulls also had ties to the original guardians...a character named "Replica" joined them at some point and she was discovered to be a Skrull

I'm not going to deny the skrulls are more important to the present day marvel universe but the badoons have been appearing on a much more regular basis than before and are going to be part of the the Infinity event

I'll be disappointed if the UCT isn't in the film. But it doesn't look like it is. Maybe in a sequel.

Yes.

91oO1Uo.jpg

When this movie was announced this was the one line that I needed to be in the movie.

I wonder if they'll show the comic-con footage during that Disney Fandom thing or if they'll just show that MCU Phase 2 teaser that came with the blu-ray box...if it's the latter I'll be very disappointed.

I wonder if they'll show the comic-con footage during that Disney Fandom thing or if they'll just show that MCU Phase 2 teaser that came with the blu-ray box...if it's the latter I'll be very disappointed.

I hope we do. We should get everything that was released at Comic Con.

Seeing the footage would be great, but just seeing some official photos would be nice too.

don't forget starting tomorrow on the 30th to the 2nd of August disney xd will be showing some marvel stuff sometime in the week. starts at 7pm central.

don't forget starting tomorrow on the 30th to the 2nd of August disney xd will be showing some marvel stuff sometime in the week. starts at 7pm central.

What time is that GMT?

I don't know how everyone else feels, but in that last GOG picture - with the criminal line-up - Zoe looks totally fantastic! Always thought she was beautiful, but here she looks HOT! I can understand if you're more into the tree and the raccoon, but Zoe grabbed my attention!
beatheart.gif

Can't wait for this movie!

used that lineup pic and made this. it's my "starlord shot first"

dxq.png

i'm watching the fandom thing right now but I don't think they're going to show the comic-con footage.

yeah it seems like it is just a recap of what went on. i guess D23 is where they will show something.

i would give my right... uh, pinky toe for just a screen cap or two. especially one of Rocket.

Judging from the new BTS shot of Drax, it looks like his scarring/tattoos aren't as extreme as the "line-up" concept art :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"