Guardians of the Galaxy Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
OH! HEY! A thought!!

That living weird shaped thing in the Collector's collection in the mid credits scene, does that not bear a slight resemblance to
LhQWQt9.png
this? Warlock, maybe?

Jackpot. Good catch.

OH! HEY! A thought!!

That living weird shaped thing in the Collector's collection in the mid credits scene, does that not bear a slight resemblance to
LhQWQt9.png
this? Thanos, maybe? Or perhaps they will hide Warlock in there?

Whoa!!!!! makes sense!

I know Thanos came out of it in the comics, but I'm leaning more towards Warlock being in there, what with him not yet being introduced.

Wouldn't be surprised if it's Warlock. Mayimbe even said something about Warlock being in suspended animation (not that that means anything, just funny coincidence that could point to something). I don't think he'll come out in the first Guardians film, but it could be something they do in the second.

OH! HEY! A thought!!

LhQWQt9.png

Yeah, definitely a good catch.

This is the thing I was talking about earlier in the IG flamewars; definitely makes more sense as Warlock's cocoon. Nice to see that Warlock is officially unofficially teased now for GOTG's future....

....now if only somebody could ID that girl in his collection with the messed-up mouth....I still get an Eros vibe, since Thanos literally took his brother's mouth away from him during the IG saga; but this would be a gender switch, if that's who the girl is supposed to represent. Anybody else got any ideas? Or able to at least ID the actress there?

OH! HEY! A thought!!

LhQWQt9.png
you got it. that does look like warlock's cocoon.

after seeing bdt in the thor 2 mid credit scene. i wonder how campy gotg will be?

I'm hoping for The Fifth Element levels, as someone has mentioned before.

I'm hoping for The Fifth Element levels, as someone has mentioned before.

Yeah, I think the retro space opera vibe is deliberate, as Gunn is trying to evoke that era here. I expect him to avoid the usual slick sci-fi vfx altogether --- they're a dime a dozen, and face it: video games have better graphics and vfx than movies these days --- in favor of a more artsy approach, in the vein of Tarantino and Rodriguez (minus the R-rated themes, of course).

Yeah, definitely a good catch.

This is the thing I was talking about earlier in the IG flamewars; definitely makes more sense as Warlock's cocoon. Nice to see that Warlock is officially unofficially teased now for GOTG's future....

....now if only somebody could ID that girl in his collection with the messed-up mouth....I still get an Eros vibe, since Thanos literally took his brother's mouth away from him during the IG saga; but this would be a gender switch, if that's who the girl is supposed to represent. Anybody else got any ideas? Or able to at least ID the actress there?

I was thinking Mantis because of the green skin. She seems to have a mouth, but it's a weird one.

I'm a Marvel comic nerd but I know next to nothing about GOTG. Saw Thor last night with three other people that don't really know anything about Marvel other than the movies and they thought that end credit scene looked cheap and ridiculous.

I thought it looked a little cheap too.

I know Thanos came out of it in the comics, but I'm leaning more towards Warlock being in there, what with him not yet being introduced.

The Thanos in a cocoon thing is VERY recent. Traditionally, that was always Warlock's thing.

I'm a Marvel comic nerd but I know next to nothing about GOTG. Saw Thor last night with three other people that don't really know anything about Marvel other than the movies and they thought that end credit scene looked cheap and ridiculous.

I thought it looked a little cheap too.

In an interview that came out today over at CBM, Gunn said it was slapped together in the last minute. They filmed it in 2 hours. It shows.

I'm surprised Marvel let them put it in. I understand it's supposed to be a tease but first impressions are everything and for most of the audience, that was their exposure to GotG.

I'm surprised Marvel let them put it in. I understand it's supposed to be a tease but first impressions are everything and for most of the audience, that was their exposure to GotG.

Marvel didn't "let" .... it was upon their own insistence. They've been doing this credit stinger thing since Iron Man.

They tried to skip a step with this one though. There were no allusions to The Collector or the necessity to separate the stones during the movie. So the audience got done watching a zany convergence battle play out where they are having a hard time understanding what exactly is going on ..... the movie ends ...... and then all of the sudden there are two lesser important Asgardians on a set that was tossed together last minute looking more fish out of water than Thor on Earth. Some eccentric guy with white hair shows up, they willingly hand over a universally destructive stone, and then the eccentric man cackles something mysterious.

Look at the templates in IM2 or Avengers. In IM2 we're told Coulson is leaving to check out things in the southwest before we inevitably see him there. In Avengers, Thanos is alluded to in all scenes with The Other. None of that happened in T:TDW ........ imo they should've had some kind of scene after the climax where they have some kind of round table to discuss what to do with the Aether. Then during the mid-credit have them at the BiFrost site getting teleported .... followed by the Tivan Tanaleer meeting.

Man when they first showed that girl with the pink skin greeting Volstagg/Sif, I just cringed. It looked like someone quickly dumped that girl in some pastel and told her t get on set.

Last edited:
In an interview that came out today over at CBM, Gunn said it was slapped together in the last minute. They filmed it in 2 hours. It shows.

Oh thank god. After seeing that teaser I've been really worried about GotG as the stinger was just not any good. Heck, even Alan Taylor ripped on it.

I thought the cut scene was fine. It's just a tease guys, and it did exactly what they wanted it to do: introduce the concept of Infinity Stones. Plus, now the audience knows what happened to the Aether. Yes, this scene wasn't set-up earlier, but honestly, it still served it's purpose. I know that it made me more excited for GotG :up:

You can tell it was done at the last minute.
Espcially the pink girl, who looked like an intern they just pulled in to finish the scene. She looked coplayish.

Yeah, I think the retro space opera vibe is deliberate, as Gunn is trying to evoke that era here. I expect him to avoid the usual slick sci-fi vfx altogether --- they're a dime a dozen, and face it: video games have better graphics and vfx than movies these days --- in favor of a more artsy approach, in the vein of Tarantino and Rodriguez (minus the R-rated themes, of course).

I'm all for stylish retro space operas.

My issue now is that everyone's copying each other, so everything looks the same in sci-fi be it games or movies.

Why can't sci-fi be over the top anymore? Who says everything has to be grey and clean?

You can tell it was done at the last minute.
Espcially the pink girl, who looked like an intern they just pulled in to finish the scene. She looked coplayish.

Ya, she looked awful. Thankfully we know the finished product won't look like that ..... at least that's what Gunn is telling us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"