Guardians of the Galaxy Guardians Of The Galaxy- User Review Thread. SPOILERS!

Loved the film. While I rated it and Avengers an 8, I think this was overall a better film (in my rating system, still not a 9 which CA:TWS was for me).

I loved the humour which as many have said already was natural and consistent with the characters and the real hearty moments like Rocket's [BLACKOUT]drunken rant[/BLACKOUT], Star-lord's [BLACKOUT]memory of his mother when Gamora holds out her hand[/BLACKOUT], and Groot's [BLACKOUT]flower, light-sparkles and sacrifice moments[/BLACKOUT].

I also, truly truly think Star Lord looks freaking AWESOME with [BLACKOUT]purple eyes[/BLACKOUT]!!!

Bautista.... Yeah he's just given all those fanboys who love casting wrestling stars, huge amounts of ammo.

"Who should play **?"
"I think *enter wrestler's name* would be a good bet..."
"but he's a wrestler, no real acting credentials!"
"Remember Bautista in GOTG"
".......damn you".

Can't wait for the Bluray.

I pretty much loved everything about the film, as I've said before it's in my top 3 Marvel Studios films.

Hmmm I'd say I give it a 9.5 for right now, but that's subject to change slightly upon repeat viewings.

I give it a solid 8.5
Overall it was nice to see Marvel create a "team" movie in one movie,thus proving it could be done without five or six different solo movies, all the while giving all the characters equal amount of screen time.
The action was great,the effects where amazing,and each character had an interesting back story.

cons: I feel that Marvels biggest flaw in all there films are luke warm villians.
I know some don't share that feeling but other than Loki (not counting the lurking Thanos) they all just kind of feel bland to me and sadly Ronan wasn't giving me much better vibes (though Nebula I found intriguing).

What the hell!? Find a new cinema, dude, sounds like it's utter ***** working in this one.

Yeah...I honestly don't think I was being out of line. Sure, it didn't affect MY viewing of the film...but I can imagine how FURIOUS I would be if I sat down to watch a movie and was shown the end first, then the credits (including post credits scene) and THEN the rest of the film. It would forever spoil my viewing experience of that movie...so I decided that it was worth going to bat for a bunch of strangers who didn't even know that they were about to get screwed.

After a second viewing I still give it a 10. Not one for writing long reviews.

This has really been the movie that I've been looking forward to the most, and it meet my expectations. Its a tie between GOTG and IM1 for my favorite MCU film.

Thought the film was great. The opening scene was probably the most real and emotional moment in all of the Marvel films and probably even the DC ones including Nolan's to be honest, for me at least. Rocket stole the show and the film was hysterical Batista surprised me with his comic timing and Groot was great. Never seen Chris Pratt act but Hollywood clearly has a new leading man. I wouldn't be surprised if he starts turning up in romcoms, and I mean that in a good way. Saldana was stunning even in green face paint and Karen Gillian was badass imo. It was like Star Wars, meets the 5th Element, meets firefly, meets Space Balls.

I give it a 10/10. Keep up the good work Marvel/Disney.

Last edited:
I can't stop thinking about this film. As a piece of blockbuster cinema alone...forgetting it's part of the MCU and all that, it's one of the most vibrant, charming, witty and energetic summer movies in a long time.

Man that scene near the end where Quill is listening to Ain't No Mountain High Enough with tears in his eyes just really got to me. What a freakin' great flick.

The hospital scene, and Rocket weeping got to me.

I had a conversation about the movie earlier, and found myself getting a bit emotional over Ronan. It seems like my friends just saw him as a generic bad guy, and I saw him as almost a cinematic take on groups like Hamas, who...whether they are right or wrong...see themselves as deserving of something and being held down by an oppressive power...and he's so overwhelmed by seeing generations of his people held back and killed that he refuses to go along with a cease fire agreement because he needs to make them pay. In a sense, his motivation was similar to Drax, since both want vengeance for what they feel are unjust murders. I DO think that the film could have, maybe should have, inserted a scene showing him grieving or arguing with the Kree leadership, to better get across his pain and frustration. In his eyes, the Nova Corps are the evil oppressive regime, and I dont think it would have hurt the film to show his view, even if he's wrong.

so, just got back from seeing it.

as someone who had 0 interest in seeing it, and pretty much 0 familiarity in the characters, I really enjoyed it!!

It was fun and had heart. I actually liked it better than the Avengers.

Man that scene near the end where Quill is listening to Ain't No Mountain High Enough with tears in his eyes just really got to me. What a freakin' great flick.
I started feeling it at that point too. Plus, the scenes where Peter pulls Rocket from his crashed ship and when Rocket starts sobbing while collecting pieces of Groot after the Dark Aster crash got to me as well. Probably the first time I've ever really had a tear or two during a Marvel movie.

Wow, what a film it was a breath of fresh air. It was a space odyssey with a good amount of Action, Comedy & Heartwarming moments. Great casting, and DAMN WE GOT BADASS THANOS! This how you do a Space film right DC/Warner Bros. I'm looking at you Green Lantern. Can't wait for GOTG 2

Just saw it. LOVED it. Good amount of action/comedy/space. The audience I was with loved it as well as did the family behind me laughing their high pitched butts off and stomping their feet like they were about to die.

Loved it! 3D wasn't really noticeable though.

I'm giving it a 4.5/5. The half point off is because of some stiff dialogue. It was basically the dialogue for some of their back stories(minus Rockets, that was good), so the sequel won't have as much as that probably.

This was hands down the most emotional comic book film. Not Marvel Studios film but comic book film overall. My eyes were watering big time for 2-3 scenes. I can't wait to see this again.

they showed a freaking celestial, i actually said holy s**t out loud. the movie was everything i wanted and more from a sci fi movie, not to mention a guardians of the galaxy movie. space was so colorful and they went to many different locations. all the kree talk, and the huge space ship battles. quill flying in space or just using his boosters at all. drax was funny and seemed genuine as a character. quill was great and funny, i liked the opening of him with the fake mic. also i can't get over how hot nebula looked though, it is crazy. her voice was cool too. gamora was really great, her in that dress was nice. gamora had some great moments like going to her cell alone. rocket and groot were great and rocket seemed like a real leader at times. groot was bad**s, they didn't over use his talking either. also he had lots of cool abilities. this movie is definitely my favorite, then next would be the avengers. i just love cosmic heroes more, so gotg is number 1 to me. i can watch these two movies over and over.

7.5/10

It’s safe to say popcorn fun rolls in waves in this effort. It delivers a very likeable yet diverse array of characters, all of whom are perfectly cast.

The humor works but I found that aspect to be very much overrated given the hype. I also found the story and overall narrative extremely thin. The quick coming together and super speedy bonding of the group seemed off to me. Yet, the overall flow of the film works wonderfully and none of the bizarre space elements seem overbearing.

I feel the overall goodwill this movie has generated is warranted but the overall hype seems to far outweigh its actual quality. To make a food analogy, if films like Avengers or Winter Soldier are full four course meals then this effort is an all candy dessert. It’s a nice treat but there’s not much past a sugar buzz and a tasty high.

After seeing a advanced screening last week and watching it again on Thursday night, it's safe to say that this movie for me is the best MCU movie to date. As a lifelong comic book fan, it had the perfect balance of comic related content and general summer blockbuster content (if that makes any sense). The biggest thing that works with this film is the bravery marvel studios and James gunn took with a generally unkown property and boldly expecting the audience to understand this world without holding it's hand with generic expositional dialogue.

I am one to watch a movie on second viewing and pick apart it's flaws and this one for some strange reason was 10x better the second time around and I absolutely loved it the first time. 10/10 for me and officially my top movie for the summer.

Really liked it overall. Great chemistry among the actors, real or not. Visually it was great and the soundtrack, not the awful score, was great. Also there was no, SHIELD.

Saw it and my verdict is: SO GOOD.

I couldn't wait so I read the spoilers, and still nothing was spoiled for me. Seeing the movie come alive on screen was wow.

I expected the humour (and it blew my expectations away on that count), but I didn't expect the surprising amount of heart and emotion, the stunning visuals and the retro music to fit in so gosh darn good. Awesome mix indeed!

The movie used humour to capture the characterizations so well, and the end fight was probably the most emotionally satisfying CBM one for me.

A 9/10, easy. -1 for the slightly one-note villain. Although it has to be said I love that one note: Ronan's fanaticism was fantastic. I thought it could have used a little more backstory.

I get the Ghostbusters mention, the Star Wars name-drop. The movie calls back so much to the cinema of my youth.

That is strange. Usually you'd have trolls giving films 1s and 2s by now.

I think that even with the flaws, it's just so damn likeable.

Wow. What a terrific movie. Best Marvel film since the 1st Iron Man. Perfect 10/10

Can't wait to see it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"