Guy Ritchie Directing Disney's Aladdin

According to Wikipedia its was a 78% dislike ratio.

How the f*^# does lion king look soulless? What a ridiculous statement.

I wonder if the movie will keep the pop culture references the original had. It would be funny if the Genie randomly transforms into the Fresh Prince.

I wonder if the movie will keep the pop culture references the original had. It would be funny if the Genie randomly transforms into the Fresh Prince.

I'm hoping they don't, that was very much a Robin Williams thing. No matter how talented he is, Will Smith can't outdo RW. He needs to be his own Genie.

Plus, it does date the movie. I'm sure kids watching the animated Aladdin don't get any of the then-current pop culture references. They have no idea who William F. Buckley or Rodney Dangerfield were. I'm sure they still find it funny, but not because they know who the Genie is impersonating.

This movie just feels off. The effects don't feel right. The Genie doesn't feel right. The casting doesn't feel right. I guess we'll see.

Smith's face looks weird because the neck is just too damn long. Otherwise, it's about on par with everything else we've seen. Fix the neck and it will be tolerable....

I like the locations of this movie
And I can‘t wait to see Jafar fighting Aladdin as a cobra

eMkaTD6.jpg

Bae :hrt: Hope Naomi starts getting more roles after this. She’s already in the Charlie’s Angels reboot but not sure what that’ll turn out like.

Where’s that from btw?

Genie doesn't look that bad to me. Whats concerning to me is Guy Richie. I mean seriously? I don't think he have ever directed a family film and his films in the past aren't great especially king Arthur, that movie should have him blacklisted by Disney for directing a animated-turned-liveaction film. I don't think he's a great fit for a film like Aladdin. I wouldn't be surprised if the film turns out to be bad.

From Empire:
“In the original movie, it felt like [Jasmine] didn’t have as compelling a goal,” producer Dan Lin tells Empire. “Her main aim was to find the love of her life. In this case, the romance is important, but she also wants to see more of Agrabah, and take more of a leadership role in ruling the city. Her character has a much stronger journey.”

Dont necessarily agree with this...but I do kinda see where they're coming from. I always thought Jasmine was badass...and her story wasn't soo much about her finding the love she wanted...but more of wanting to be respected as a person as opposed to being married off like a commodity.

From Empire:

Dont necessarily agree with this...but I do kinda see where they're coming from. I always thought Jasmine was badass...and her story wasn't soo much about her finding the love she wanted...but more of wanting to be respected as a person as opposed to being married off like a commodity.

"I am not a prize to be won!"

From Empire:

I’m interested in this new route for Jasmine’s character arc to take: exploring Agrabah could be great, since the city seems to be promising the best visuals so far.

From Empire:

Yeah they’re wrong. Only thing she didn’t express was wanting more of a leadership role in ruling.

I’m interested in this new route for Jasmine’s character arc to take: exploring Agrabah could be great, since the city seems to be promising the best visuals so far.

Agrabah does look to be the best character of the movie so far. But at the same time we saw that too in the OG Jasmine. She wanted freedom, thats how she met Al when she was out wandering around. And really that was the whole crux of "A Whole New World" was Aladdin showing Jasmine freedom.

Im starting to think this might a case of the producers having good intentions but flawed execution. Kinda like with what Emma did with Belle. I think Emma had the right mind to want to expand Belle a bit...but the execution did quite stick the landing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"