Halloween Movies Thread... - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I'm okay with that. Especially since nobody has ever gotten that creepy walk down the same way he did. Now he's 70, but if Harrison Ford at 75 can run around as Han Solo why the **** not can Nick Castle walk around in a mask at 70?

Bingo.

I mean, it'd be appropriate too. It's not like Michael would be a spring chicken right now. And the original film showed "realism" doesn't matter. He's "The Shape".

Also the fact that if you actually read Blood Disgusting’s Report, Nick is not the only one playing Michael in the film. It seems some are disregarding this part of the article or didn’t bother to read it and just are going off the headline.

“While Castle will be putting on the infamous mask once more, Bloody Disgusting was also able to confirm that stunt performer and actor James Jude Courtney has also been cast to play Myers!”

So I’m not sure why some are worried about a geezer Michael. Also there are many people at the age of 70 in very good shape. 70 is kinda young now, not every 70 year old is walking around like they’re about to topple over and die.

Last edited:
Or if you want you can think of it as Mayhew as Chewie in TFA, there was him and then also the other guy both playing him.

Yeah, Nick will be used for close-ups and the walking around.

It will be so good to see the original Shape on screen again!

So I’m not sure why some are worried about a geezer Michael. Also there are many people at the age of 70 in very good shape. 70 is kinda young now, not every 70 year old is walking around like they’re about to topple over and die.

If by some, you mean me, I'm not worried...

"This really does make me wonder how they're going to handle and approach Michael Myers as an old geezer in this new film."

I'm very interested to see how they approach the story and stunts this time around with an age-appropriate Michael and Laurie. This is easily my most anticipated movie of 2018 at this point.

If by some, you mean me, I'm not worried...

"This really does make me wonder how they're going to handle and approach Michael Myers as an old geezer in this new film."

I'm very interested to see how they approach the story and stunts this time around with an age-appropriate Michael and Laurie. This is easily my most anticipated movie of 2018 at this point.

Don’t mean you, I’m talking about some reactions I’ve seen my some whole also have been referring to him as an old geezer etc. Because of the age.

Me returning to this thread to see that Nick Castle will be returning to his iconic role as the Shape is literally the best birthday present of all. :D

Nick Castle coming back is really dope IMO. I can't wait to see what they do with a 70 year old Micheal Myers, but I'm sure it will be great.

Nick Castle coming back is really dope IMO. I can't wait to see what they do with a 70 year old Micheal Myers, but I'm sure it will be great.

Agreed. I'm way too excited for this because I, along with many others, were hoping they wouldn't just stick a 20 something year old (or even 30 something year old) in the role & call it a day. Getting Nick Castle back will make this feel more authentic & imo, will help truly sell it as a sequel by giving it that strong thread of connectivity that helps the continuity.

I gotta admit...I went from full blown skeptic to genuinely wanting to see this & how it's pulled off. I initially said I'd avoid it when it hits theaters but nah, I'll have to check this one out.

It has begun.

ZYLp7q5h.jpg

Really happy that Virginia Gardner is in this. She was really great in Runaways.

Also RIP in advance to her character.

I hope they use Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross' rendition of the Halloween theme somewhere in this film...even if it's just the end credits. God, I didn't think anyone could make a simple, creepy, theme into something you could just listen on your speakers.

I'm very excited by the prospect of this film. I saw a few of the originals as a kid but, I think I'll go back and re-watch them.

This is my number one most anticipated film of 2018 for sure.

So ****ing excited. One of my most anticipated of 2018.

So far, my thoughts have been:

"Why couldn't they go back to the 2010 reboot pitch?"

"If you're gonna start over, go back to the 1979 novel that offers new ideas that both expanded and offered better takes on Carpenter's ideas than even he thought up"

Have seen a few interesting pics on Instagram over the past few days.

Warren County sheriffs, police cars and ambulances, Haddonfield school sign but no sighting of The Shape yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"