Halloween Movies Thread... - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Laurie's granddaughter?

For some reason the first thing that I thought was "Oh, she's not going to survive Michael :(".

Maybe the movie will build suspense by having Michael kill her first, then her mother and finally showdown with Laurie. Which would be really sad and could make watching the movie pretty unenjoyable.

OR she's the final girl.

S4EpRoQ.jpg

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/908107-andi-matichak-cast-in-blumhouses-halloween

Nice!

So is it safe to say she'll somehow some way become the new object of Michael's obsession?

Why is Judy Greer's character "Karen Strode"?

If Laurie Strode has a daughter, shouldn't the child normally takes after the father's last name?

Example: Karen Smith, Karen Green, etc....

I guess Laurie is a single mother in this movie??

It's gonna be like the Scream movie,the grand daughter's boyfriend dresses like Michael Myers,does a killing spree.

Reminds me of something I saw on TV Tropes about H20, that Michael was originally going to end up being a copycat killer. Which I think I would've preferred, given the ****ty retcon in Resurrection, and also just the general aura of Michael in that film.

Reminds me of something I saw on TV Tropes about H20, that Michael was originally going to end up being a copycat killer. Which I think I would've preferred, given the ****ty retcon in Resurrection, and also just the general aura of Michael in that film.

Oh yeah, definitely. He's supposed to be this mighty force of evil but manages to get downed by a teenage girl with a rock....A ROCK.

So yeah, I wholly believe that a copycat killer would've worked well for H20. And then, as you said, we wouldn't have gotten the retcon....instead, the real Myers could've just returned to finish the job.

Thinking about this possibility makes me even angrier with the direction H20/HR went in.

As for the general aura of Michael in H20, I think that's mainly because Chris Durand wasn't the right person for the job. He's a cool guy in real life but I haven't ever really thought she was a solid choice for Michael. The same can be said for Dick Warlock in HII, George Wilbur in both H4 & H6 and Don Shanks in H5. Imo, none of those listed managed to get it right.

Well, this is an interesting development. It's cool that Nick Castle will be back, even if it is ultimately wholly unnecessary.

Well, this is an interesting development. It's cool that Nick Castle will be back, even if it is ultimately wholly unnecessary.

Out of curiosity, why does this news bother you?

I think it's awesome.

Great news, cannot wait for this. This is THE must see movie for me next year.

It’s awesome that Nick is back even though I am sure the stunt guy also playing Myers will do a lot of the physical stuff. Still great that Nick is reprising the role.

Out of curiosity, why does this news bother you?

I think it's awesome.

It doesn't bother me at all and it is pretty awesome.

I just added that Castle coming back is technically unnecessary, since Michael wears a mask and similarly built/aged stunt actor could likely handle everything in terms of playing the role and recreating Castle's movements from the original. Nick Castle is now literally 70 years old, so who knows how well he can still move or do this.

More than anything, it's mostly a nod and treat for the hardcore fans, which I respect and appreciate, of course.

This really does make me wonder how they're going to handle and approach Michael Myers as an old geezer in this new film.

Um... haven't we all complained about how Michael has never moved as well as he did in the original?

Michael Myers is more than a mask, as we know because anyone who has played him has sucked since 1978. They all were stiff boards, that had no flow or presence.

This is the trifecta of great news alongside the Carpenter/JLC return(s).

Yeah, I'm okay with that. Especially since nobody has ever gotten that creepy walk down the same way he did. Now he's 70, but if Harrison Ford at 75 can run around as Han Solo why the **** not can Nick Castle walk around in a mask at 70?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"