Halloween Movies Thread... - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprised nobody has mentioned it at all today but happy 38th anniversary to the classic, John Carpenters Halloween! Release in theaters on this day in 1978. My all time favorite horror film and easily one of my all time favorite films period.

Happy Anniversary to the immortal classic. The only horror movie to give me nightmares.

I'll be celebrating the movie's anniversary by seeing it on the big screen tomorrow at our AMC theater here.

Happy Anniversary to the immortal classic. The only horror movie to give me nightmares.

As a kid when I first saw this movie it gave me nightmares too, the music also really got to me. I remember seeing this VHS at Blockbuster and I was so intrigued I had to watch it.

Halloween%2B1978%2BUSA%2BVHS%2Bcover%2BBlockbuster%2BEntertainment%2B1995%2Bvhscollector.com.jpg

I'll be celebrating the movie's anniversary by seeing it on the big screen tomorrow at our AMC theater here.

That's awesome, enjoy!

I love the different old style VHS covers.

So anyone planning on watching any films in the series this Halloween? I'm gonna watch Halloween IV: The Return of Michael Myers. I like to only watch 1 or 2 a year so i can alternate. Although I do sometimes watch the original at anytime of year anyway.

Happy Anniversary to the immortal classic 'Halloween', the greatest horror film ever made IMO.

I saw the original on the big screen last night. It was the first time seeing it in theaters for me and the first time seeing it in a few years and I have to say, the film really holds up! Carpenter is truly one of the most underrated and under appreciated masters in cinema.

I would love to see it on the big screen. I have select few classics I am dying to see on the big screen:

Halloween
Superman the Movie
Jaws

Ive been wanting to watch it for a few years now but I never get the chance. I finally live in a city where they show it but im not gonna be here the day of the showing :(

I saw the original on the big screen last night. It was the first time seeing it in theaters for me and the first time seeing it in a few years and I have to say, the film really holds up! Carpenter is truly one of the most underrated and under appreciated masters in cinema.

I think he's underrated to a certain degree (if you're talking about academia), but I don't think he's under-apprciated. As time goes on, his legacy grew larger me thinks.

I love the different old style VHS covers.

So anyone planning on watching any films in the series this Halloween? I'm gonna watch Halloween IV: The Return of Michael Myers. I like to only watch 1 or 2 a year so i can alternate. Although I do sometimes watch the original at anytime of year anyway.

Happy Anniversary to the immortal classic 'Halloween', the greatest horror film ever made IMO.

Well on Halloween itself I always usually watch Halloween 1&2. Although I can seriously watch those multiple times a year especially Halloween. I usually do Halloween 3 the night before Halloween. A week or so ago I was bored and threw on H5 just because it's been a while and we had discussed recently how bad it is haha.

But we shall see this weekend what I decide. Halloween though is a given for me.

The original Halloween is a masterpiece and one of my favorite movies. John Carpenter is also one of my favorite directors and an absolute legend.

Has anyone ever noticed the big cat painting seen right before Bob is killed?! I've seen this movie countless times over 10 years and I just now saw it.

Drunken Halloween marathon. On Part 5. My God does it suck. I never thought it sucked this bad but it really does.

I can think of nothing redeeming about that one.

The mask? Terrible.
The house? Why?
Tina? The worst.
Sitcom cops? I can't even...

I can think of nothing redeeming about that one.

The mask? Terrible.
The house? Why?
Tina? The worst.
Sitcom cops? I can't even...

That fricken Bulk and skull music everytime they show up....

Yeah, H5 is definitely the worst of the series. Tina helped to drive that point home. The main character should be rooted for...instead everyone is relieved when she finally bites the dust.

And I won't ever get over that damn mask. The mistake was hiring Girard to direct it.

The *****ebag walked into his first meeting & tossed the original H5 script in the trash, which apparently impressed Moustapha Akkad enough to hire him. Girard went on to re-write the script...and this, this is what we ended up getting.

:o

Yeah like I said randomly watched H5 again recently and just, yeah.

Anyway happy Halloween Eve!

Happy Halloween Eve indeed, currently watching this bad boy

H2-718x1024.jpg

Happy Halloween Eve indeed, currently watching this bad boy

H2-718x1024.jpg

Been wanting to get that for so long. But I want to have a nice blu ray of Halloween 78. Which one, standard or 35th anniversary? Not just the movie, but features overall too.

Been wanting to get that for so long. But I want to have a nice blu ray of Halloween 78. Which one, standard or 35th anniversary? Not just the movie, but features overall too.

↓

Special Features
Extras:
All-new audio commentary with writer/director John Carpenter and star Jamie Lee Curtis

All-new featurette entitled “The Night She Came Home” – a documentary-style piece showing Jamie Lee Curtis attending a fan convention.

We also included selected extra features from previous releases:
On Location: 25 Years Later featurette
Trailer
Old TV and radio spots
TV version footage - footage added in for the film’s TV airings.

https://www.amazon.com/Halloween-An...1&keywords=halloween+35th+anniversary+blu+ray

Happy Halloween eve to all as well!

And I think I'll join in as well tomorrow night & probably watch 1 & 2. As much as the brother/sister angle diminishes Myers' ability to scare, it's always fun watching those two back to back.

Happy Halloween everyone, it's nearly 7am October 31st here in the UK and as I'm on the morning feed for my son. I'm currently sat here watching the classic Halloween III: Season of the Witch.

Now been a parent takes up alot of time so I'm only planning on watching one Halloween film tonight and its between these two:

images

51PYfeQmLcL.jpg

I'm not sure which one though

Last edited:
I'd say H20, but that's because it always feels like a great finisher to the series.

Speaking of, watched Curse of Michael Myers last night. Still not a great film but it still stands above 5. Going to watch H20 and Resurrection today, and after taking the kids Trick or Treating, am going to finish off the night with my favorite, Trick 'R Treat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"