HARD as STEEL - The COLOSSUS Thread

Discussion in 'Deadpool' started by psylockolussus, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Nathan Registered

$58 Million Budget Vs $200 Million Budget.

[​IMG]

2. AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

In fairness to Singer, he had to stick to the crappy design they gave Colossus in X3. He looked much better in X2 in his cameo there, which also had a lower budget.

3. Nathan Registered

Actually X3 stuck with the X2 design. Only problem was it looked really cheap. But both designs had that steel/flesh look. In Days of Future Past, he went with the comic accurate metal ridges, but he sadly still looked like ass.

4. AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

X3 and X2 designs were quite different, they were not the same Nathan. Many complained about the change in design when X3 came out. But that was what they went with so Singer had to stick to it for DOFP.

This was his X2 design:
    Colossus_X2.jpg

#254 AVEITWITHJAMON, Feb 24, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
  5. Nathan Registered

Same design. Quality simply wasn't on par. Not even remotely. But they still went with the muscle fiber look, like X2's Colossus. But Singer went into a different direction with Days of Future Past. Getting closer to the comics, but sadly still making Colossus look like liquid like the T-1000.

[​IMG]

#255 Nathan, Feb 24, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
  6. AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

Sorry I don't think it's the same design, especially when you see a shot from the movie rather than a promotional one. There are similarities but differences also. X2 Colossus looked much better. But Singer had to keep things simpler for DOFP unfortunately. If Ratner had just stayed with the X2 look there wouldnt have been an issue.

But we can at least agree about Deadpool Colossus looking awesome.

7. Nathan Registered

Believe me, I really don't want to drag this out any further, but I feel like I'm getting a bit crazy, because I seem to be the only one to see it. But I promise, after this I'll stop.

So here a couple more shots. A costume fitting, one from the set, and a screen shot of the Movie.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So yeah, they tried to stick with Singer's design from X2. Giving Colossus the muscle fiber look. The big difference is the quality, which they simply weren't able to recapture. And Singer changed his look in Days of Future Past, giving him the ridges, and getting rid of the muscle fiber look.

Oh, on that we can definitely agree.

8. AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

Uh, man that costume was bad, thanks for the reminding me, I have seen those pictures before of the X3 set. He didn't have a costume in X2 I believe, it was just an FX ****, and I doubt Singer would have made the actor wear one.

But I still think there are plenty of differences. And yeah X2 was done much better. But Singer had to stick close to the crappy version for DOFP, despite making some changes he unfortunately still had to keep a similar design. Just remember though Miller would have had to check they could use Colossus and do what they want with him with the likes of Singer.

9. marcvader Lurker #1

Found this.

[​IMG]

10. Nathan Registered

Man, I still can't believe it took frikkin Deadpool to get Colossus right. With more screen time and dialogue than all X-Men Movies combined.

11. AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

Good stuff, thanks. Deadpool obviously has the best design. 2nd would be X2

12. CyclopsWasRight Well, he was.

So not comparable though. The budget was for all the CGI not just Colossus and X-Men Days of Future Past had probably 10x the amount of CGI than Deadpool did

13. -JKR- Registered

I didn't think Colossus looked bad in Days of Future Past.

Tim Miller definitely has knocked it out of the park, though. But you gotta consider his goal was to bring the definitive Colossus to life, and in order to do so had him played by Andre Tricoteux (on set), a stuntman (who did the fight scenes and was also the template for Colossus' face), Stefan Kapicic (voice) and Greg LaSalle (mo-cap) and used a brand new technology (co-created by LaSalle) for the very first time on an actual character, which can capture an actor's performance in much greater detail than before.

It's a completely different approach.

14. BlackFox Monster Hunter

I dont mind DOFP Colossus but the adult versions will always be better than the teen versions of the X-Men characters to me. The Deadpool version also had the added advantage of having less characters around him to be able to shine more.

15. AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

:up:

16. sherrymarton Registered

the entire movie and dynamics are speechless either we talk about his costume or appearance both are perfect. even i have seen his jacket on many online shops like black leather jackets and else.

17. P Supreme Registered

humiliating !!!

18. CyclopsSummers Registered

Colossus'design from X2 is the best

19. BoredGuy Never Did a Popular Thing

his moment in X2 was great
    but it's not even funny how much better he looked and sounded in Deadpool

rather than say "$58 million vs. $200 million"
    I'd say it's "A director who is a hardcore fan vs. A director who mostly just likes the comics' themes"

20. Bruce Malone Registered

Haha when I was watching the film I kept thinking half the film's budget must have went to Colossus alone.

21. sherrymarton Registered

the looks of Collosus are really stunning. I like this guy alot:ilv:

22. Ene Beef Jerky in a Ball Gown

He was really well made. Absolutely love the look. Singer's X-Men movies are my favorite cbm's, but can't help but wonder what a director like Miller could do with all of the characters and their costumes. Then again, I wouldn't really like to see Colossus characterized like this in an X-Men movie. I mean it worked with Deadpool's tone, but he would stick out in a really unflattering way if he was portrayed like this in any of the main series movies.

23. MXG Registered

Wow, it's like a 16 year evolution where nothing really happened until the 16th year.

24. Antman2015 Registered

Deadpools colossus rules I wish deadpools would do my face xman Cyclops justice now lol. I can only imagine but deadpool seriously ruled

25. Bruce Malone Registered

Do you think we should have seen Colossus in his human form at all? or if he's back should we?

They might have to cast a new actor for that as the Mo-Cap Colossus was comprised of a few different actors.