Deadpool HARD as STEEL - The COLOSSUS Thread

I think Daniel Cudmore turning down the role was a factor why we didn't see Colossus in human form.

I think Daniel Cudmore turning down the role was a factor why we didn't see Colossus in human form.

No wrong way round, It was more likely he wasn't gonna be in human form and thats why daniel cudmore turned it down

No wrong way round, It was more likely he wasn't gonna be in human form and thats why daniel cudmore turned it down

Yes his reasoning was he didn't just want to be a mo-cap guy.

I can sort of see that, as his role despite being small in the X-Men franchise did slightly grow with each time he showed up and this would be a big reversal.

Colossus was in top form in this movie. Figuratively and literally. He was cool for once. What helped is that he now looked like the comic counter part with how big he actually is. Then we have the Russianess. Totally adds to the flavor of the character.

Yes his reasoning was he didn't just want to be a mo-cap guy.

I can sort of see that, as his role despite being small in the X-Men franchise did slightly grow with each time he showed up and this would be a big reversal.

I don't think Cudmore was ever going to be the mo-cap model. They based Colossus on 5 different actors who stood in for the part. One was 6'9" but still not tall enough so had to wear lifts and a head piece. Someone else did the facial performance while another did the voice.

I was watching it back again. While the early parts had Colossus missing out the indefinite article ie "a" in many of his sentences, in his final speech to be a hero at the end, he did keep putting in "a". In other words, instead of saying "be hero" like many Russians would, he kept saying "be a hero."

In earlier scenes he would ask Deadpool to "be X-Man" instead of "be an X-Man". Saying "be X-Man" sounds more typically Russian.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"