Harvey Dent/Two-Face Thread

Scenario: Pattinson and Steven Yeun hit it off making their new movie with Bong Joon Ho, and Rob suggests him to Matt Reeves for Dent.

Yeun’s on my personal shortlist so I’d be good with that.

Yeun would crush Sionis if he channels his character from Burning then takes it up a notch. I can see him as Harvey Dent because he’s a very likeable guy. He cleans up well. He is believable as a man in his early 30’s trying to do the right thing. But he’s had flickers of darkness recently in his career, moments in a performance that shows a temper or something creepier lurking beneath the surface of all of that “niceness”.

I think if Reeves saw something in him or he killed an audition, I would go with the choice 100 percent. I can’t say I’m expecting a Korean actor to get the part of Harvey Dent. But if the guy ticks every box then I don’t see any reason why he can’t do it. I do think of Harv as a curly haired Jewish Attorney lol. But it doesn’t really matter that much in this case.

Safdie, Abbott, Butler, Yeun all good choices. I doubt Reeves is going to cast only black or white actors for these large roles so that’s why i’m not expecting Kaluuya. I expect more diversity than just black and white (if it calls for that). IMO every role that’s been given to a racial minority has been so on point. None of it reeks of woke for the sake of it, it just works. If Kaluuya got the part I’d adjust quickly because he’s so good. But it would start to feel a little odd that nobody else outside of white or black actors are getting the big job.

Slowburn his downfall in two films? Or have him already scarred and locked up in Arkham?

Yeun would crush Sionis if he channels his character from Burning then takes it up a notch. I can see him as Harvey Dent because he’s a very likeable guy. He cleans up well. He is believable as a man in his early 30’s trying to do the right thing. But he’s had flickers of darkness recently in his career, moments in a performance that shows a temper or something creepier lurking beneath the surface of all of that “niceness”.

I think if Reeves saw something in him or he killed an audition, I would go with the choice 100 percent. I can’t say I’m expecting a Korean actor to get the part of Harvey Dent. But if the guy ticks every box then I don’t see any reason why he can’t do it. I do think of Harv as a curly haired Jewish Attorney lol. But it doesn’t really matter that much in this case.

Safdie, Abbott, Butler, Yeun all good choices. I doubt Reeves is going to cast only black or white actors for these large roles so that’s why i’m not expecting Kaluuya. I expect more diversity than just black and white (if it calls for that). IMO every role that’s been given to a racial minority has been so on point. None of it reeks of woke for the sake of it, it just works. If Kaluuya got the part I’d adjust quickly because he’s so good. But it would start to feel a little odd that nobody else outside of white or black actors are getting the big job.
Bro 3/4 choices you mentioned are white.

if my calculations are correct, harvey dent being black would mean there are now a whopping total of four black people in Gotham.

Last edited:
Bro 3/4 choices you mentioned are white.
Those are actors I’ve come up with in the past or have seen from other ppl that I like. What I’m saying is, I’m open to actors who are not white or black (like Yeun). I’m just waiting for some exciting names to be suggested. Dev Patel? Doesn’t have to follow Dent’s traditional comic look.

Slowburn his downfall in two films? Or have him already scarred and locked up in Arkham?
Slow burn.

The other idea I heard this week, treat it like Fight Club. Dent and Batman are hunting down a mysterious criminal throughout the film. This criminal is offing Black Mask’s goons, interfering with Penguin’s shipments etc. The whole time, this criminal turns out to be Harvey himself (the deranged half of his personality). I’ll add my own thoughts now. So, this reveal completely breaks Harvey. How could he have been hunting himself this whole time? He snaps and the gangster killer side of himself takes over “permanently”.

Not sure when the acid is thrown into his face. I’d assume Oz or Rupert would do it in this universe. But whenever it happens, it cements his look as “Two Face” coinciding with his breakdown at the beginning of the third act.

Freaks run wild. Two Face, Penguin, Black Mask, Ventriloquist (whoever the villains are) wage an all out war on each other before turning their sights on Batman. A price for his head yadda yadda.

Batman wants to save Harvey, who reminds him of his mother who was never given the proper care and who was surrounded by people close to her who felt ashamed of her illness. Batman tries to get through to Harvey at the very end, successfully bringing out the sensitive side of Dent, realizing there’s nothing to be ashamed of. Use this window of opportunity to turn yourself in for your crimes and I guarantee you’ll get the right treatment. This works better if Bruce already befriended Harvey early in the film. Even better if Gilda is there to support him too. They’d take him to Arkham where Batman checks in on the mental state of Edward and Joker as well. Setting up Batman’s ongoing concerns with the treatment of patients in the asylum. Sounds like a pretty good set up for a Scarecrow or Hugo Strange “abusive psychiatrist” concept for the third movie too no?

This is what I’d do if you want to actually use Two-Face in the sequel (thanks to the Fight Club suggestion on reddit that I thought was interesting). Otherwise the options are to use Harvey Dent in a handful of scenes, nothing more. Or you straight up ignore the character throughout the entire trilogy. Which is nice too because you can use fresher faces.

Slow burn.

The other idea I heard this week, treat it like Fight Club. Dent and Batman are hunting down a mysterious criminal throughout the film. This criminal is offing Black Mask’s goons, interfering with Penguin’s shipments etc. The whole time, this criminal turns out to be Harvey himself (the deranged half of his personality). I’ll add my own thoughts now. So, this reveal completely breaks Harvey. How could he have been hunting himself this whole time? He snaps and the gangster killer side of himself takes over “permanently”.

Not sure when the acid is thrown into his face. I’d assume Oz or Rupert would do it in this universe. But whenever it happens, it cements his look as “Two Face” coinciding with his breakdown at the beginning of the third act.

Freaks run wild. Two Face, Penguin, Black Mask, Ventriloquist (whoever the villains are) wage an all out war on each other before turning their sights on Batman. A price for his head yadda yadda.

Batman wants to save Harvey, who reminds him of his mother who was never given the proper care and who was surrounded by people close to her who felt ashamed of her illness. Batman tries to get through to Harvey at the very end, successfully bringing out the sensitive side of Dent, realizing there’s nothing to be ashamed of. Use this window of opportunity to turn yourself in for your crimes and I guarantee you’ll get the right treatment. This works better if Bruce already befriended Harvey early in the film. Even better if Gilda is there to support him too. They’d take him to Arkham where Batman checks in on the mental state of Edward and Joker as well. Setting up Batman’s ongoing concerns with the treatment of patients in the asylum. Sounds like a pretty good set up for a Scarecrow or Hugo Strange “abusive psychiatrist” concept for the third movie too no?

This is what I’d do if you want to actually use Two-Face in the sequel (thanks to the Fight Club suggestion on reddit that I thought was interesting). Otherwise the options are to use Harvey Dent in a handful of scenes, nothing more. Or you straight up ignore the character throughout the entire trilogy. Which is nice too because you can use fresher faces.

Yeah, if we get Two Face, this is absolutely how I want it done. Perfectly differentiates itself from Eckhart's version of the character. I'd personally rather we went with Freeze just because I want this trilogy to differentiate itself from TDK trilogy by (at the very least) keeping the use of villains from those movies very limited. But ****, if that's the story we get with Matt Reeves writing Two Face? I can look past that

Doubt this has any real legitimacy, but I personally think he'd crush the role.

u802keugllg91.jpg

edit: found a screen shot without the name cropped out.

Last edited:
Is there a reason why you cropped his name out? Would like to know.

Not sure what you mean? I just screen shot the picture from the Batman reddit.

Bill Hader would be interesting.

I only see scarred Two Face in the second if they go the Fight Club direction.

Considering we got so much of his Long Halloween arc in TDK (not to mention how much of TLH there was in The Batman) would anyone be opposed to Harvey’s disfigurement being something that happened pre-The Batman/pre-sequel.

I just feel like we don’t really need to see Harvey’s fall again.

Slowburn his downfall, make it a two movie arc. Scar him at the end of the second and in the third movie he is already Two Face fully formed with his gangster persona

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"