Hasbro's line ups for 2008

foom is in an 8 figure BAF wave, hes not gonna be big
collectors are gonna be pissed

In the 6 figures wave we have got a 9 inch Blob.....so maybe Foom, in an 8 figure wave could be in the 12 to 15 inch scale...... I hope for Foom at least...Sentinel big!

no in and 8 figure wave we got a 9 inch blob
in and 8 figure wave we also got an 8 inch ronan

My opinions:

-No plans for the Icons line listed, hopefully it isn’t cancelled like recent rumors have implied.

-2 ML waves in ’08: Does this include HML4? I honestly won’t be surprised if we end up with three ML waves ext year, since we only got three this year.

-Marvel Legends 2-packs: Hopefully they’ll be like Toybiz’s Face Off 2-packs, each one coming with a hero and a villain. A Cloak and Dagger and Northstar/Aurora packs would also be cool.

-Spiderman Heroes and Villains: I’m guessing that at least 16 of them will be different versions of Spidey, and at least 15 will be rereleases/remakes of different villains. That still would leave room for about 8 new heroes and 9 new villains though.

-Iron Man movie figs: The Mark 3 and Iron Monger figures looked great, hopefully they’ll also make two or three more villains.

-Hulk comic figures: So Foom is only going to need 8 figures to be built? Not good, I’d be surprised if he’s over 10 inches tall now. I’m personally hoping that 2 of the Hulks, She-Hulk, and either the Red King or Absorbing Man figures are cut from the lineups.

-Incredible Hulk move figures: Maybe one or two of the figures that were supposed to be put in the comic line could be put into this line?

Not really interested in anything else right now, though I may buy one or two of the 3¾ scale figures depending on who Hasbro makes.

with the hulk line, im hoping that the cut figures are from world war hulk. i think it was the red king and world war hulk. by next year, people will be like, whats planet hulk. plus, wwh looked like total crap.

Lets hope Foom will be at least 12 inches...... TOTALLY out of scale but, at least we will get him. :(

Also....who is getting cut from the hulk waves? It was two waves of six and now it is two waves of four...........I hope that it isn't bi Beast and wendigo that get cut......but I know Bi Beast'll be the first cut.....so to get my Fin Fang Foom.....I'll get four more hulks, another She Hulk and Absorbing man.....and Maybe a new fig or two (samson and valkyrie)

i think they should cut McGuniess Hulk and release it later as a TRU exclusive....with a Red paint job......Son of Hulk should also be cut and put into a two pack with Red king.......and......hmmm, Maybe all of these 'cut' from the hulk wave will be in those 2 packs....maybe we're getting a Wendigo/Wolverine pack, and they did mention interchangeable parts....so maybe clawless Wolverine.....

either way.....16 figs in the Iron man wave....is great (long as some get comic accurate, two waves of Hulk including the Foom...is great, six new two packs.....it's all good but the two ML waves....But i am sure there will be a couple more....also 48 six inch Spiderman "evenly between the good guys and the bad guys"

That says to me that there will be 24 Spidey Villains, hopefully we get some new ones that need to be done....thin suit Beetle, hammerhead, CHAMELEON, Molten Man......that is lookign up, and they also said heroes and villains...so i am thinking that there will be 12-16 Spideys and 8-12 other guys.....Prowler, Rocket Racer........

So asside from the only 2 waves of Ml and the cut back from the Hulk waves.....I think I'll be pleases with 2008....though there were no mentions of box sets.

I hope you're right about the Spidey figures. Chameleon, Molten Man, and Hammerhead are all long overdue. I'd also like Morbius in his original costume...and of course allies like Silver Sable, Prowler, Cloak & Dagger, Puma....

soooo i do wonder one thing... do you think the "marvel legend transformers" are marvel legend style transformers ala the old transformer comics by marvel? or do you think they will be marvel characters who "transform" and carry the transformer name

The transformers will probably be along the lines of the STar Wars transformers.

So we'll probably see a transforming quinjet, and...uh...what other vehicles are there in the marvel universe? The fantastic four flying thingy... Uh...

Maybe silver surfer will transform into his board?

Spidery Buggy, Helicarrier, GR's Bike, Logan's Bike, Black bird, Fantasticar, Quinn Jet, Quinnjetta.........Uh.....Big Wheel......that's about all the vehicles.

As for Spiderman ....I was thinking today...they never mentioned the scale....this could be a futile continuation of what was started with SM3, but hopefully it's a load of repaints....with a bunch of new ones....six inch.

Also the 8 Fig Foom sounds Bad...Ronan and Blob were eight pieces.....Blobs hands were a frikkin piece....and these Hulk figs are all big already....I think the only reason Valkyrie got in there anyway was to give someone the torso.....but as I've said previously I would pay a couple bucks more per unit for these Hulk figs for two reasons, first they are all big guys (wendigo chould have been a BAF on his own) So I'll pay more for these to be in proper scale and for Foomer to hit at least 16 inches....though his neck should put him well over that.

Now let's see.......Leg, Leg, Crotch, Arm, Arm, Head and Neck, Torso, Wings.....okay yeah......if they do this right it could be done in 8 guys......but if they really want to impress us fans they'll take a hit and make him big.

I swear this now....if they make the Foom nice a big in 8 figs without a huge price increase.......I will buy everything MLstyle from them.

I kinda think one of three things could happen.

Scenario A - Bi Beast, Wendigo and two others are taken out making more room for Hulks and more poular characters, thus upsetting fans.

Scenario B - 4 figs will be removed and inserted into the Movie line (samson Maybe) and we will still get all 12 making fans happy.

Scenario C - 4 hulks (or many Hulks) will be taken out and the Hulk Line will be full of different characters and fans will rejoice.

Or I guess that CTR could be wrong and there'll still be 12....Also I feel there is no way that Valkyrie is getting taken out because she's getting the Torso.

Eh, I'm kinda sorta switching over to DC now. I'd still like another Spider-Man figure that's pretty decent though. I like the McF spidey, but he's waaaay too lanky. I still want a modern Luke Cage.

I'll probably only be picking up some Iron Man stuff, maybe a Hulk figure if there's one that I find suitable.

But I'm actually enjoying DC comics a lot more than Marvel now. Secret invasion isn't capturing my attention, but Final Crisis is something I"m really looking forward to. Probably because the DC universe may finally go back to normal and not have a huge crossover every year. Even though their crossovers are always better than Marvel's.

I do read both. Quite a bit of both. I followed all of House of M, Civil War, and World War Hulk, and got left feeling...let down. Secret invasion I don't think will get better. Bendis is writing it, so it's going to be a lot of build up for little results.

DC has so much going on that I don't know what to do with myself. I just hate that they keep killing or drastically changing my favorite characters during a crossover for dramatic effect.

I like DC's Storytelling better, but I prefer the Marvel Characters

They both have their pros and cons. I enjoy Batman when the stories are written by pros. I like Robin quite a bit. Superman I gave up on, I don't read any of his titles. His stuff is just too...out of this world. Which is weird, because I really enjoy Green Lantern.

Also the 8 Fig Foom sounds Bad...Ronan and Blob were eight pieces.....Blobs hands were a frikkin piece....and these Hulk figs are all big already....I think the only reason Valkyrie got in there anyway was to give someone the torso.....but as I've said previously I would pay a couple bucks more per unit for these Hulk figs for two reasons, first they are all big guys (wendigo chould have been a BAF on his own) So I'll pay more for these to be in proper scale and for Foomer to hit at least 16 inches....though his neck should put him well over that.

Now let's see.......Leg, Leg, Crotch, Arm, Arm, Head and Neck, Torso, Wings.....okay yeah......if they do this right it could be done in 8 guys......but if they really want to impress us fans they'll take a hit and make him big.

And I really doubt they'll do two waves of four. It'll either be two waves of six like we've heard before or one wave of eight or maybe even two waves of eight.

I swear this now....if they make the Foom nice a big in 8 figs without a huge price increase.......I will buy everything MLstyle from them.

I kinda think one of three things could happen.

Scenario A - Bi Beast, Wendigo and two others are taken out making more room for Hulks and more poular characters, thus upsetting fans.

Scenario B - 4 figs will be removed and inserted into the Movie line (samson Maybe) and we will still get all 12 making fans happy.

Scenario C - 4 hulks (or many Hulks) will be taken out and the Hulk Line will be full of different characters and fans will rejoice.

Or I guess that CTR could be wrong and there'll still be 12....Also I feel there is no way that Valkyrie is getting taken out because she's getting the Torso.

I don't see why they can't talk Valkyrie out of the Hulk line and just put her in the regular ML waves. All I know is if they take bi-beast out after I was so happy that they'd put in an obscure figure like him, it might be my end of collecting ML figures. And I hate to pull that whiney card, I really do. But one of the reasons why I haven't really joined the hasbro bashing wagon was when I heard about the FFF secret ML wave. I was really looking forward to all the figures mentioned really, but mainly Bi-Beast, Wendigo, and FA She-hulk. If FA She-hulk doesn't make the cut, I'll be okay with that as long as Bi-Beast and Wendigo does.

But my feeling is that this might be a mistake. I know we never actually saw pictures of the supposed wave 1, but I know I remember descriptions of them. And I know that someone from cooltoyreview saw prototypes of them in order to obtain the descriptions. So I think that they'll all be made. Maybe not all in the same wave, but sometime down the road. I'll forgive that, but if Bi-beast and Wendigo do get cut, I think I might be done. I'm sure I'll get Foom as I want him badly, but I'll stop after that wave. That or only get villains because at this point those are what I want the most.

The transformers will probably be along the lines of the STar Wars transformers.

So we'll probably see a transforming quinjet, and...uh...what other vehicles are there in the marvel universe? The fantastic four flying thingy... Uh...

Maybe silver surfer will transform into his board?
Hasbro might do a surfer that transforms into his board. But they could also do a Fantasticar that splits into four and the four sections turn into the FF. They'll probably also do a Quinjet that turns into Cap/Ironman/Hawkeye/Warbird/The Wasp/Hank Pym. They milked the Ep.III Jedi Starfighter mold for all it was worth (6 times at least) with only a new head and colour deco each time. I can totally see them doing the same with an Avengers Quinjet mold. Sheild Helicarrier that turns into Nick Fury, hopefully it will be like the Death Star TF. IE supreme class. Spider car to Spider man. Blackbird to Wolverine.

Roughneck said:
Spidery Buggy, Helicarrier, GR's Bike, Logan's Bike, Black bird, Fantasticar, Quinn Jet, Quinnjetta.........Uh.....Big Wheel......that's about all the vehicles.
Ugh! I hope they don't do Logans bike. It will be a horrible mishapen piece of crap. Check out this guy, Cybertron Lugnutz, same type of bike as Logans.
http://www.hasbro.com/transformers/default.cfm?page=Products/Detail&product_id=17409
Notice how deformed the robot mode is. Granted it's a scout class and not deluxe but that might not save a potential Logan bike into Logan 'former. Bike-formers are hit and miss at best. A Cap bike-former could work much better as the wheels could form his shield.

But another thing that Hasbro could do would be have Marvel robot characters that could transform. Like Ultron into a tank or jet. Doombots that do the same.

I don't see why they can't talk Valkyrie out of the Hulk line and just put her in the regular ML waves. ...

Because, Foom's Torso is going to be huge, by far the biggest part of the BAF, and Logistaclly speaking for plastic

costs to come acccross even for all of the figures, with a bigger BAF piece there needs to be a girl or smaller character in there for the Torso. And in a Wave full of Hulks and other big guys......she needs to be there for the torso.

It would suck if we lose Wendigo and Bi-Beast... I wish they gave us Gen. Ross, Betty, Rick Jones, A DECENT Banner and Col. Talbott figs... and maybe a Hulkbuster BAF EVENTUALLY... now that would be sweet...

I highly doubt there will be only 4 figs per hulk wave and why does less figs equal smaller baf? giant man took alot more then the galactus wave. they just make the parts bigger. but im sure the hulk wave will at least have 5

FWOOSH's pics from ComicCon '07 have pics of the new Daredevil toys, but they're in the Icons section. Does anyone know if that's a mistake?

FWOOSH's pics from ComicCon '07 have pics of the new Daredevil toys, but they're in the Icons section. Does anyone know if that's a mistake?

There are both an Marvel Legends and Icons versions of Daredevil coming out. The ML version is First appearance with a red variant, while the Icons will probably be a 50/50 ratio like the Icons Human Torch is.

I highly doubt there will be only 4 figs per hulk wave and why does less figs equal smaller baf? giant man took alot more then the galactus wave. they just make the parts bigger. but im sure the hulk wave will at least have 5

Hasbro costs each series out by wave, so by cutting two figures from each wave, the budget for each wave is also cut, leaving less money to make each figure and the BAF. They can't just take the money that they were going to use for the figures that they cut and use it to keep the BAF the size that they were originally planning.

says who? And i highly doubt 4 will be it... thats a really small series

yeah, if it was cut to four per wave I think they would just do one wave of 8......vbecause these are gonna be very close together anyway.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"