Days of Future Past Have you seen X-Men: First Class? Post here! - Part 1

Just take the discussion off the review thread -

If you've already seen the movie and you want to discuss it or ask about spoilers, feel free to do it here.

Please be sure to still use spoiler tags until the movie is officially released.

However: enter at your own risk. It's a spoiler thread, so don't complain if you come in here and find out something you didn't want to know...

Discuss away!

I actually heard it at the end and said to the missus 'thats good for take that, i'm sure they'll get noticed in the USA now'

They've tried to crack it a few times. Seem's it's not the case.

I'd give an 7,5/ 8

I for one didnt think that it was THAT good. It was good but not great, imo.

I think it was pretty ridiculous for a movie to talk about racism and they kill for no reason the only black guy in the movie. I'm not even black but that didnt sit well with me

I still think X-men 2 was better.

My fellow geeks! I saw an X-Men film the other day :)

You don't see me in here much, right? Actually, you don't see me in here at all due to the fact that I'm not much of a fan--never have been. Nightcrawler's always been my favourite, so granted I got a big kick out of X2. Yeah, it was good. Still didn't get my pulse racing but if you have Nightcrawler at the White House and Wolverine tearing the sh** out of people when he should be in bed, can't complain, eh?

Right, so the new one. It blew my f***ing socks off. I'm now a fan.

My only problem was January Jones. I'm not biased because I've always waved the flag for her at the top of a very large pole, but she just didn't work, and she looked old and her legs were too skinny and her bum didn't look very nice in those white pants. Sorry, love, you're now out of my top five. I still would though.

I was genuinly shocked at a certain cameo. I'd never seen it coming, heard nomention of it, and was left stunned and did a double take and then asked my girlfriend if he actually said what I thought he said: 'What? This is an X-Men movie! He can't say that!' Then I lol'd.

Loved it.

It was beautifully shot and I though McAvoy and Fassbender really made the roles theirown, which shouldn't've been as easy as they made it look because of the actors' shoes they were filling. But yeah, they were great. I fell for McAvoy's portrayal so much that by the time the inevitable happened at the end I was genuinly shocked. I never saw it coming, and even forgot that he was ever in such a state throughout every story I've ever seen him depicted--'cept a few minutes in X3. A brilliant performance.

I'm just a bit gutted about January Jones. After watching Mad Men, I always imagined her to be a great actress. She played the part well. But what is the part? O yeah, be a housewife that doesn't open her mouth, just stand there and look pretty. That explains it.

I'm making this short because I need to go find someone to fill her slot. Not in a rude way.

Hello guys!! The movie opens here in Portugal tomorrow...finally...however i have some questions..

- Do you thinks it has much more to offer for those who have seen all the footage (trailers clips, behind scenes) shown before the release? i'm afraid of not being surprised..

- Do we see Riptide spinning or just send tornados?

- Was there any part where the music is shown in all its glory, i mean you will remember after leaving the movie (like the last part of last airbender...just the image and the music..it was perfect (only that))

- The final costume is red and purple or red and black?

Please spoiler free, havent seen the movie

Thanks

Saw it again today, to celebrate end of exams.

Hello guys!! The movie opens here in Portugal tomorrow...finally...however i have some questions..

- Do you thinks it has much more to offer for those who have seen all the footage (trailers clips, behind scenes) shown before the release? i'm afraid of not being surprised..

- Was there any part where the music is shown in all its glory, i mean you will remember after leaving the movie (like the last part of last airbender...just the image and the music..it was perfect (only that))

Thanks

1. There is a lot more to see in the movie.
2. Both
3. The music was kind of forgettable to me
4. Red and black (might be dark purple) I believe. The helmet had red and purple.

You don't see me in here much, right? Actually, you don't see me in here at all due to the fact that I'm not much of a fan--never have been. Nightcrawler's always been my favourite, so granted I got a big kick out of X2. Yeah, it was good. Still didn't get my pulse racing but if you have Nightcrawler at the White House and Wolverine tearing the sh** out of people when he should be in bed, can't complain, eh?

My only problem was January Jones. I'm not biased because I've always waved the flag for her at the top of a very large pole, but she just didn't work, and she looked old and her legs were too skinny and her bum didn't look very nice in those white pants. Sorry, love, you're now out of my top five. I still would though.

I was genuinly shocked at a certain cameo. I'd never seen it coming, heard nomention of it, and was left stunned and did a double take and then asked my girlfriend if he actually said what I thought he said: 'What? This is an X-Men movie! He can't say that!' Then I lol'd.

Loved it.

It was beautifully shot and I though McAvoy and Fassbender really made the roles theirown, which shouldn't've been as easy as they made it look because of the actors' shoes they were filling. But yeah, they were great. I fell for McAvoy's portrayal so much that by the time the inevitable happened at the end I was genuinly shocked. I never saw it coming, and even forgot that he was ever in such a state throughout every story I've ever seen him depicted--'cept a few minutes in X3. A brilliant performance.

I'm just a bit gutted about January Jones. After watching Mad Men, I always imagined her to be a great actress. She played the part well. But what is the part? O yeah, be a housewife that doesn't open her mouth, just stand there and look pretty. That explains it.

I'm making this short because I need to go find someone to fill her slot. Not in a rude way.

Yeah Eggyman! I don't think I have seen you since before I was banned and my name was liquidice....old school lol.

Anywho, I agree with you, except I thought Emma looked young and not old.

The cameos were good, especially hearing that surprising stuff come out of a certain cameo character's mouth. Classic badass.

Thanks

Go see the movie and quit asking questions lol. You asked for no spoilers, but all your questions are spoilers lol. Go see it and then come holla at me.

1. There is a lot more to see in the movie.
2. Both
3. The music was kind of forgettable to me
4. Red and black (might be dark purple) I believe. The helmet had red and purple.

Thanks a lot psyonic!!! just waiting for saturday

Yeah Eggyman! I don't think I have seen you since before I was banned and my name was liquidice....old school lol.

Anywho, I agree with you, except I thought Emma looked young and not old.

The cameos were good, especially hearing that surprising stuff come out of a certain cameo character's mouth. Classic badass.

Go see the movie and quit asking questions lol. You asked for no spoilers, but all your questions are spoilers lol. Go see it and then come holla at me.

Have to wait more 3 days...grrrr understand my suffering... and no they are not spoiler questions, just a yes or no, or one thing or another...

Have to wait more 3 days...grrrr understand my suffering... and no they are not spoiler questions, just a yes or no, or one thing or another...

I understand your frustration, just be patient. It makes the film that much better. But if you want answers:

Yes
Yes
Not really
Not sure. It looks good though. Been waiting for a mostly red and some purple Mags. Black looks good. Almost like he has adopted Shaw's image as he maybe the next thing to a father figure he knows after his own, but is superior to shaw with the cape added.

A lot of the music was great! Perhaps not something you'd play constantly, but something that will get you in the perfect mood for this movie.

Loved it.

January Jones I always thought was overrated, and also according to other people she's a ***** so I don't really care about her.

Zach Galifankis told her off one time for being rude to him...

:woot:

January Jones I always thought was overrated, and also according to other people she's a ***** so I don't really care about her.

I'm right with you now. If you'd've said that a week ago I would've had to break out the cmad face.

Jennifer thingymejigg who played Mystique was by far the hottest.

A young renee zellweger vibe, very cute.

I've just seen Xmen FC, and I really think it's great! Many thanks to the crew and cast for this wonderful treat.
I think that this combination (Singer as producer and Vaughn as the director) is perfect.
I had problems with Singer as director, mostly because of the pacing of his movies. For me they were too slow and they lacked character development.
I really hope that Fox will let Vaughn do at least a trilogy. He dares to keep it closer to comics (the look of Magneto in final shot). If they do also please be smart this time and plan it wel Fox. Give Vaughn enough time and I'm sure we, the audience, will get some awesome stuff and you'll get your gold

I was really surprised with this film. Despite the loads of advertising, and seeing posters for this everywhere, I wasn't sure what think..But after seeing it, I was really impressed with the performance of almost every character. McAvoy and Fassbender were phenomenal as their characters, and the young cast really kept me in the movie. I actually got a good kick out of the kid playing Banshee. I thought that added some good humor to coincide with the more dramatic parts of the movie (tearjerker with Erik.. and so on- which I also thought was perfectly placed.) Overall I'd have to say 8/10, topping at least the X1 and X3, rivaling X2.

I was really surprised with this film. Despite the loads of advertising, and seeing posters for this everywhere, I wasn't sure what think..But after seeing it, I was really impressed with the performance of almost every character. McAvoy and Fassbender were phenomenal as their characters, and the young cast really kept me in the movie. I actually got a good kick out of the kid playing Banshee. I thought that added some good humor to coincide with the more dramatic parts of the movie (tearjerker with Erik.. and so on- which I also thought was perfectly placed.) Overall I'd have to say 8/10, topping at least the X1 and X3, rivaling X2.

Glad you liked it.....oh and it was better than X2 LOL:cwink:

Jennifer thingymejigg who played Mystique was by far the hottest.

A young renee zellweger vibe, very cute.

Ew. Please don't insult Jennifer Lawrence like that. :p

I already wish this movie was on DVD. I wanna watch it at home! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"