Days of Future Past First Class Sequel - July 18, 2014 - Part 1

I'm not sure I would have cared for Dazzler in First Class, but I like where their heads are at with regard to the way they're combining powers.

Millar confirmed basiclly there will be dark future with sentinles(Ok he didn't use the word but we know what he meant) and there will be time travel.He called It X-Men meets the
terminator.

Millar confirmed basiclly there will be dark future with sentinles(Ok he didn't use the word but we know what he meant) and there will be time travel.He called It X-Men meets the
terminator.

And it makes me VERY HAPPY:woot::woot:

Sounds great!

This movie better be good:argh:

It certainly has the makings to be. Here's hoping they follow through.

Millar confirmed basiclly there will be dark future with sentinles(Ok he didn't use the word but we know what he meant) and there will be time travel. He called It X-Men meets the
terminator.
Argh.
There goes what was interesting and original about First Class...they just want a big action summer movie, it seems.

And there goes Charles dealing with his condition; they'll probably just skip it as if being paralyzed from the waist down is like breaking a toe or something; forgettable and easy to deal with. :csad:

Its such a big jump in term of concept, definetly, but they still can adress personal issues on the movie loganbabe.

lest hope for the best. They are taking their time with the script, so it can only mean a better work.

They can deal with that in the movie too, there's no reason why they can't.

miller's quote
"Vaughn is going for a big sci-fi style thing with X-Men: Days of Future Past. It's X-Men meets The Terminator. You've got robots, you've got time travel, you've got superheroes - it's got everything in one film. Cost-wise it's going to go up, and ambitious-wise it's gone up. But Vaughn can handle it. Vaughn made Kick-Ass for $28 million.

I really like "Vaughn", just wish he and crew were on another team.

You'd think that a Studio couldn't go wrong with Mutants, Robots and Time travel but this is still FOX we're talking about.

Argh.
There goes what was interesting and original about First Class...they just want a big action summer movie, it seems.

And there goes Charles dealing with his condition; they'll probably just skip it as if being paralyzed from the waist down is like breaking a toe or something; forgettable and easy to deal with. :csad:

Singer's still involved and Millar's just a fanboy consultant. No one has to do anything he says.

The Major Characters In this film are Xavier,Magneto,Time travelr,Mystique,Beast and possibly the human target of assassination.James Mcavoy won't be sitting around In background.

I am confident Bryan Singer and Matthew Vaughn are devolping a film that will be true
epic.

After reading what Millar just said I am officially excited for an X-Men film again I haven't been this excited since X3 and this movie has a pretty good team behind it all I ask is for minimal Wolverine.

He basically just described DoFP... :huh:

Some keep thinking it might be film with just title.

I maintain the time traveler will be character we have seen.

that leaves

doing like original story and be changing of minds with younger self of

1:Wolverine
2:Mystique

or doing an actual physical transporting someone to past
1:wolverine
2:Rogue
3:Kitty Pryde

If hugh Jackman I willing to play major role In DOFP wolverine will be time travler.If not
they will eather have Mystique change minds with younger self(which I hope doesn't happen but If Hugh only wants to do a small role In DOFP I can see them do that to give
Jennifer Lawrence more screentime) or have Rogue or Kitty Pryde physical travel back In
time.If filming begins In Spring they may be able t get Anna Paquin In film and Patrcik Stewert hinted Paquin could be In film.If not they may try to get Ellen Page back for film.

If Famke Janssen Is In film as she hinted I see Jean taking the void Rachel did In original story In comicsand play major role In the timetravel plot.

Even though what he said is what we all expect out of a Days of Future Past movie, it's still damn exciting to hear it. This will easily go down as one of my most anticipated movies ever.

It's definitely an ambitious endeavor, pretty much on par with Avengers itself. I just hope they can handle it.

I think Xavier's mind might go back in time to his younger self.

As long as they have some future stuff with original cast that could work.
It would allow james Mcavoy to start playing more Iconic Xavier,and hopefully
he will start losing hair In DOFP.and It would allow not to backtrack on
Mystique's character devolpment.

Exciting to hear. I hope this film helps push X-Men to where it should be. A lot of the groundwork in reestablishing X-Men has been done in First Class & hopefully they can fully capitalise on this is DOFP.

It's definitely an ambitious endeavor, pretty much on par with Avengers itself. I just hope they can handle it.

If Matthew Vaughn pulls off such an ambitious thing with Days of future past
and It turns out to be fox's avengers type superhero event he will be able
to do whatever he wants.Just like now Joss whedon will have more clout In Hollywood to do what he wants.

Indeed, it sounds like Fox has decided to gamble more marbles here than originally intended. But I'll remind people that Singer, while still powerful and desirable as a creative presence on any project, has nowhere near the kind influence that he did coming out of The Usual Suspects and his original two X-Men films. Other things (including bad buzz on his latest *two* directing gigs) have somewhat...influenced...his reputation.

While I'm curious to see what happens with this project, I'm under no illusions that this was not what Singer and Vaughn were originally intending for this first sequel to X-Men: First Class. I suspiciously smell studio meddling in terms of wanting something big, bold, and brash to not only compete with Marvel, but to add some jet fuel to a team franchise that didn't quite explode with its first prequel entry. Fox wants at least some of the original cast involved here, and they know Singer can help get them.

Your kinda believing Internet attacks on Singer.Superman returns made more money than first Class,wolverine,thor,Cap,and Incredible Hulk.At RT Superman retrns has 76
rating.Higher than the Amazing spider-Man,Iron Man 2,and the increidble Hulk.Singer was asked to do reboot of superman after warner's decided not to do sequel to Superman returns and he turned It down.Valykrie did decent business.The first film with tom Cruise to do so after his personal life caused MIII to underperform.And some early screenings
of the renamed Jack the giant slayer have been postivie

There are hints that Singer and vaughn had wanted to go with DOFP before the avengers opened.

Singer In spring 2011 talked about Hugh Jackman returning In first Class sequel

Vaughn as first Class was getting ready to open talked about flashforward In sequel with Ian Mckellan and Patrick stewart

In spring 2011 Lauren shueller Donnor was alking about X4 and It leading Into X5.and as first Class was arriving on bluray/DVD she was hemhowing aorund the subject.

Don't forget Donnor has been wantng to do DOFP for quite some time.

Bottom line I don't think the avengers success Is what caused DOFP to go forward.I think Singer,Vaughn,and Donnor wanted to go there.If anything the avengers helped them convince Fox to go all out for this film.You got a 175 million budget to start with and them being given more time than any X-Men film besides Origins to shoot and finish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"