Hawkman

Cosmic

Mystic
Reaction score
How do you feel about a live-action Hawkman film? How should it be done? What kind of potential does this character have for a blockbuster franchise? What challenges does an aspiring Hawkman film director face? Why is nobody talking about a possible Hawkman film right now?

I'm all for a Hawkman film, but as awesome as that sounds, I doubt it will happen in the near future, or at all. I could be wrong but they seem to be busy making the more 'popular' characters. They're obsessed with Superman and Batman right now. He could possibly be in the Justice League movie though.

I don't have any answers to your other questions but a Hawkman movie would kick arse if taken seriously!

Hawkman rules!

i agree bring on the winged warrior

Hawkman is a character that would benefit a lot from appearing in the Justice League film. Like Green Arrow and Black Canary, it would give him much more exposure. That being said, a solo Hawkman movie would rock. One question, would any of you want to see Hawkgirl in the movie?

Hawkman deserves a film after Green Lantern, Green Arrow, Wonder Woman, Flash, Martian Manhunter, Booster Gold-Blue Beetle, etc.

Hawkman deserves a film after Green Lantern, Green Arrow, Wonder Woman, Flash, Martian Manhunter, Booster Gold-Blue Beetle, etc.

Why? Do you just hate Hawkman, or is there a reason why you think that a Hawkman movie can't be very entertaining or profitable?

Hawkman is a character that would benefit a lot from appearing in the Justice League film. Like Green Arrow and Black Canary, it would give him much more exposure. That being said, a solo Hawkman movie would rock. One question, would any of you want to see Hawkgirl in the movie?

I would. I loved her character on JLU and JL.

Ya, i love Shiara too.

I think(even though shes mentioned for alot of roles) that Evangeline Lily would be pretty good. or how bout eliza dushku lol jk

Shayera was awesome on JL/JLU! I'd like to see her in the live JL film that is being planned.

I'm not too crazy about Hawkman, but I like Hawkgirl a lot.

I loved how they handled Hawkgirl in the JL cartoon, and I'd also like to see her on the roster if and when the movie comes around. I also like Hawkman, though...not the intergalactic space police version, but the rather the reincarnated ancient Egyptian. I think you could make a good movie out of it if you play it straight.

yes that origin may work better for a movie

Haha.

Why? Do you just hate Hawkman, or is there a reason why you think that a Hawkman movie can't be very entertaining or profitable?

Hawkman even seemed like a first-tier hero to me.
With that said, I'll agree with Norman. I'd like Flash, Lantern, Wonder Woman, (etc.) before Hawkman.

Hawkgirl. It's about time there was a quality superhero film with a female starring in her own movie. I feel a little sorry for girls since all they really have are Supergirl, Red Sonja, and Catwoman.

I'd love to see a Hawkman and Hawkgirl movie.
I like to see him as archelogist Carter Hall. Although, Hawkworld might be interesting to see on film.
Either way they could pull it off would be nice.

I think Hawkman on the big screen would be awesome. People loved The Mummy, and the Hawkman movie could have that kind of a vibe since his first life was as Prince Kufu.

But either way, I think it would be great.

I'm so glad you guys agree about a Hawkman movie. He has always been my favorite DC character and has never been given proper treatment by DC comics. His back story is far movie interesting and movie appropriate than most any other DC hero I can think of. If he was handled properly he could be what wolverine is to marvel. I'm not the biggest fan of Hawkgirl but I think including her would bring an interesting dynamic to a movie.

Hawkman could be a great film if handled correctly. Definitely something I'd like to see happen.

Any casting suggestions?

I never post on these boards, but I thought I'd throw my $0.02 in since Hawkman happens to be a favorite of mine.

The way I would go about making a Hawkman film is using the Golden Age version of both Hawks, Carter and Shiera. Use their Egyptian back story as sort of a prologue, perhaps fleshing it out further via flashbacks strewn in throughout the film as the two characters' "memories" come back to them.

I'd leave "Hawkgirl" out of it, however, keeping her in only as Shiera Sanders the reporter until the very end, where a superheroing career of her own could be hinted at for a potential sequel. That's not to say she couldn't throw down, however. Heck, she could even save Carter in a surprise move when a certain memory comes rushing back to her near the climax. But I'd leave a costume out of it for the time being.

The most important part, though, is I would set the film in the past, sort of like Cooke's New Frontier, but perhaps even further back than the '50s and 60s. I just think a 1930s or thereabouts setting would give the film a unique, noir-style edge that other superhero movies thus far haven't offered. Perhaps the archaeological angle gets me in an Indy sort of mentality, but for some reason this is how I've always thought a Hawkman movie should be done.

Last edited:
that sounds good bring it on

I would be all for it. It would be good exposure for some of DC's other heroes.
You could make it somewhat of a love story and have Hawkman and Hawkgirl always destined to find each other in each lifetime.

I think the best approach is to have it be the reincarnated version of Hawkman like another poster had said. You can get into the background of Hawkman through flashbacks and the opening scene should focus on the Thangarian ship landing and it could be similar to Stargate when it comes to the ship. And from there, you could have clips from flash backs from prior lives and you could have some diaglogue that hints he's been around for a long time.

Definitely keep the sophistication that Carter Hall has being humble, a gentleman, smart (People usually would learn from their mistakes sometime in their lifetime, imagine what can be learned living tons of lifetimes). Keep him as a part time archaeologist, substitute professor, and curator at a museum. His hawkman personality should be a tad bit different. And the movie should definitely have some villain, like the headhunter like they did in the book, that makes Cart Hall question himself that maybe he is really barbaric and not sophisticated. And then have Hawkman just go crazy on taking out crime and never taking a break.

They need to show the affects of the nth metal and how it regulates body temperature and allows flight. Hawkman needs to be sliced in some way at least once to show the healing factor he has due to nth metal.

I would up for a Hawkman movie. Absolutely.

The idea that the film could actually turn out memorable as well as entertaining (instead of something you just want to turn off after 5-10 mins like some other comic book characters I could name that somehow got a movie up and running) would be the big question. Which I believe a Hawkman film especially could achieve since it deals with a character that not a good number of people are too overly familiar with, which certainly allows some fresh ideas and changes if need be.

HAWKMAN could work, like anything else. I'd like to see a version combine all the various incarnations into something singularly impressive conceptwise. I would like to see both Katar and Shayera featured. One wonders who the villain would be, though. The Shadow Thief wouldn't really be enough. Perhaps the Hawks themselves could be the villains-turned heroes"? That would be an interesting twist, using the "invasion of Earth" storyline to introduce them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"