Hawkman

I never post on these boards, but I thought I'd throw my $0.02 in since Hawkman happens to be my favorite superhero.

The way I would go about making a Hawkman film is using the Golden Age version of both Hawks, Carter and Shiera. Use their Egyptian back story as sort of a prologue, perhaps fleshing it out further via flashbacks strewn in throughout the film as the two characters' "memories" come back to them.

I'd leave "Hawkgirl" out of it, however, keeping her in only as Shiera Sanders the reporter until the very end, where a superheroing career of her own could be hinted at for a potential sequel. That's not to say she couldn't throw down, however. Heck, she could even save Carter in a surprise move when a certain memory comes rushing back to her near the climax. But I'd leave a costume out of it for the time being.

The most important part, though, is I would set the film in the past, sort of like Cooke's New Frontier, but perhaps even further back than the '50s and 60s. I just think a 1930s or thereabouts setting would give the film a unique, noir-style edge that other superhero movies thus far haven't offered. Perhaps the archaeological angle gets me in an Indy sort of mentality, but for some reason this is how I've always thought a Hawkman movie should be done.

That sounds really good to me.

I would absolutely love to see a Hawkman movie, he always was one of my favorite characters. When i first read Timothy Truman Hakworld mini like 10 years ago, i already thought this would be an awesome movie.

I say for a Hawkman movie, do either a Hawkworld take, or do the Geoff Johns' take or somehow combine both. For the villains I would like to see Shadow Master and Copperhead. Maybe Vandal Savage too.

I never post on these boards, but I thought I'd throw my $0.02 in since Hawkman happens to be my favorite superhero.

The way I would go about making a Hawkman film is using the Golden Age version of both Hawks, Carter and Shiera. Use their Egyptian back story as sort of a prologue, perhaps fleshing it out further via flashbacks strewn in throughout the film as the two characters' "memories" come back to them.

I'd leave "Hawkgirl" out of it, however, keeping her in only as Shiera Sanders the reporter until the very end, where a superheroing career of her own could be hinted at for a potential sequel. That's not to say she couldn't throw down, however. Heck, she could even save Carter in a surprise move when a certain memory comes rushing back to her near the climax. But I'd leave a costume out of it for the time being.

The most important part, though, is I would set the film in the past, sort of like Cooke's New Frontier, but perhaps even further back than the '50s and 60s. I just think a 1930s or thereabouts setting would give the film a unique, noir-style edge that other superhero movies thus far haven't offered. Perhaps the archaeological angle gets me in an Indy sort of mentality, but for some reason this is how I've always thought a Hawkman movie should be done.

That sounds awesome, and I agree 100%.

That sounds like a really exciting take on a Hawkman movie. I think there's a ton of potential with this character.

Wow, glad some people seem to like my pitch. Guess I need to post here more often.:)

It's so cool to see so many Hawkman fans. Hope DC takes note...

Yes, because if we all spent $10.00 on a movie ticket...

:)

HAWKMAN I:

Katar Hol is the captain of the police in Thanagar, A Alien world were the poor are slayved by the rich. Manipulated by his old friend Byth, Katar is arrestd in Chance Island, were he lurns Thanagar secrets and get back for revenge, helped by Shayera Tall. They fall in love and fight a super-powered Byth, that runaway for Earth, traced down by the Hawks.

HAWKMAN II:

Stuck on Earth, Katar and Shayera are helped by the local police captain to fit in Human lives, as Museum workers Carter and Shiera Hall. Meanwhile, Vandal Savage, leader of a world wide terrorist organization, sends a thieve called Sands to rob the Space ship. Sands finds Byth Shadow suit and becoes Shadow Thieve. When the Hawks, now heroes know as Hawkman and Hawkgirl, strike him, Savage hires to mercenaries, Snake and Tygress, to keep them busy.

HAWKMAN III:

The KOBRA finds a Thanagarian Spacecraft on Egypth, and uses his powers to commit crimes. Traced down by the army, Hawkman and Hawkgirlf find out about their real original and fight Shadow Thieve, hired by KOBRA to keep them busy. Now, they must impeach the curse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"