He'll Cancel the Pizzas: The Alfred Pennyworth Thread

Some other former Bonds have been suggested, but I see no mention of Pierce Brosnan. He's quite the silver fox these days and would fit the bill, imo.

Some other former Bonds have been suggested, but I see no mention of Pierce Brosnan. He's quite the silver fox these days and would fit the bill, imo.
He could easily play an older Bruce Wayne.

Bill Nighy

s4AK9U9.jpg

If he wasn't already playing M, Ralph Fiennes would be excellent. Already balding too.

He might have already gotten it out of his system...

Wuijtgp.jpg

Peter Capaldi

I want an angry, sweary Scotsman Alfred.

In the unlikely event that this is serving as a prequel

1ef3b1d2a30ec46c0ce5f347fcb23c27.jpg
386cfca55e82a7cd292c310c40dea23d.jpg

Consider me in the Pierce Brosnan camp. He's 65, perfect age range for a younger Batman.

Go full Johns' Earth-One with him--he was originally Thomas Wayne's bodyguard during the mayoral campaign, before becoming Bruce's legal guardian following the murder.

the_son_-_header.jpg

Consider me in the Pierce Brosnan camp. He's 65, perfect age range for a younger Batman.

Go full Johns' Earth-One with him--he was originally Thomas Wayne's bodyguard during the mayoral campaign, before becoming Bruce's legal guardian following the murder.

the_son_-_header.jpg
All I see in that picture is Bruce Wayne in The Dark Knight Returns.

Never much liked action hero Alfred. I think it skews the dynamic between him and Bruce negatively, specially when you’re casting younger for the latter.

Christoph Waltz?

This I do like. I suggested him before. He has the right air of sophistication, he can be charming, throw some sass Bruce’s way without coming off as aggressive and I’d very much like to see him be a good guy again.

2019 Oscar nom Richard E. Grant!

View attachment 20159
I like this suggestion.

other suggestions

Ben Daniels (The Exorcist, Star Wars: Rogue One & Jupiter's Legacy) would be a good pick if you want former special forces action man Alfred.

Tobias Menzies (Game Of Thrones, Rome, The Terror, The Crown & Underworld) for a younger version of Alfred.

“Theatricality and deception. Powerful tools against the uninitiated, master Wayne.”

F2046A3F-3D83-4494-82A2-494E27B596A0.jpeg

Paddington The Bear for Bruce Wayne... I dare ya to say anything negative.

Ciarán Hinds would be a great Alfred, although very unlikely to happen now...

9ipuhiuh8uh-1024x670.jpg
ciaran-hinds-0.89.jpg

Can Waltz do other accents aside from his own? Probably can, I'm just blanking on any examples.

Either way, an Austrian Alfred just feels damn weird, wrong somehow. :oldrazz: Keep it to the British Isles, methinks. Brosnan's cool, he does always have that Irish hint in his voice though. Brosnan's just sorta poor-man's-Dalton anyway, go with Dalton. :)

the_son_-_header.jpg
What a tremendous pick this would be. The Architect would make a splendid Alfred.

“For England, Bruce?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"