The Dark Knight Rises The Alfred Pennyworth Thread

MadVillainy

C'mon Son
Reaction score
I realized that we dont have a thread the "big up" one of the greatest supporting character in history. Here give ideas for future actors who could play him or just talk about everyone's favorite butler: Alfred Pennyworth.

BatmanGothamKnightsCVR42.jpg

Who can't love Alfred? =D =D He's amazing, ^^ Michael Caine's amazing as Pennyworth, for BB3 he should share screen alongside Leslie Thompkins n_n, played preferiably by Sigourney Weaver, and he would share a bond with Selina also :)

I hope Alfred will say "NEVAH" in the next film.

I want to see Alfred cleaning up bat droppings in the Batcave in the third movie :oldrazz:

Seriously I love Caine's Alfred. He has a fantastic dry wit and sarcasm. We've seen Alfred do it all. From attending to Bruce's injuries, to assisting on the Bat computer, to comforting Bruce and giving advice and guidance etc.

Caine is one of my favourite things in Nolan's bat films.
Props to him for creating an Alfred that I actually believe could kick my ass.

Who can't love Alfred? =D =D He's amazing, ^^ Michael Caine's amazing as Pennyworth, for BB3 he should share screen alongside Leslie Thompkins n_n, played preferiably by Sigourney Weaver, and he would share a bond with Selina also :)

Like the Leslie Thompkins idea but I'd rather her be portrayed by Ellen Burstyn

Quick question: Alfred Vs Jarvis, who'd win?

alfred is great.

although caine is not the typical alfred that everyone is used to--i'm not very fond of a cockney alfie--he still does a great job.

also, alfred is one of the must-consistencies in the movies. gough was in the four earlier films. caine def needs to be in all of these. that's why i don't want this series to go longer than three. anything beyond that runs a risk of caine not being around to be involved, and if he is alive, not being up to doing any more.

Last edited:
What would he do next? I like watching Caine's Alfred with Bale's Batman on screen I enjoy them in BB & TDK.

Haha,good ol'Michael Caine. I would love to see Alfred be used undercover for stuff...seriously. Certain storyline he took a job as a waiter in the Iceburg Lounge and was captured by Penguin for snooping.

He did save Bruce from burning Wayne Manor in Batman Begins. Alfred is class.

Haha,good ol'Michael Caine. I would love to see Alfred be used undercover for stuff...seriously. Certain storyline he took a job as a waiter in the Iceburg Lounge and was captured by Penguin for snooping.

Alfred supposed to be ex British spy I guess he can go help if needed

What would he do next? I like watching Caine's Alfred with Bale's Batman on screen I enjoy them in BB & TDK.

262574-133421-alfred.gif

262102-83522-alfred.jpg

315126-173999-alfred.jpg

rematch7.jpg

The cartoons had Alfred do some cool things, When Bane showed up he tortured Alfred to learn Batman's secrets but Alfred wouldn't talk. Bane was very impressed.
In the Bane comics, Bane finally breaks into Wayne Manor and Alfred is holding down the fort with a shot gun and traps.
Alfred, in the cartoons too, talks about how he will have to alter Bruce's costume for the changing weather and stuff like that.

Alfred is badass! I would love to see Caine with shot gun. :D

I watched Begins the other night. I loved a really subtle scene where Batman got gased by crane and Alfred has bruce in the back of the car freaking out, Alfred looks back at bruce with tears in his eyes, a really worried look on his face and you can tell he really cares about him. I thought caine was fantastic in the scene where he didn't have any lines and just showed the emotions with a look.

Also Caine is badass Harry Brown. Well worth checking out.

I watched Begins the other night. I loved a really subtle scene where Batman got gased by crane and Alfred has bruce in the back of the car freaking out, Alfred looks back at bruce with tears in his eyes, a really worried look on his face and you can tell he really cares about him. I thought caine was fantastic in the scene where he didn't have any lines and just showed the emotions with a look.

Also Caine is badass Harry Brown. Well worth checking out.

That's a great scene.

Way ahead of you I seen it the it came out It's fantastic movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"