The Dark Knight Rises The Alfred Pennyworth Thread

Brand new Alfred Pennyworth:

alfred_fnl3.jpg

This picture reminds me of an actor named Sam Elliot.

What would he do next? I like watching Caine's Alfred with Bale's Batman on screen I enjoy them in BB & TDK.
We could see him dress Bruce's wounds more. We saw a little of that in TDK when he looked at Bruce's dog bite, but we haven't yet seen him do real, serious surgery.

We could see him dress Bruce's wounds more. We saw a little of that in TDK when he looked at Bruce's dog bite, but we haven't yet seen him do real, serious surgery.

Yeah that would be great to see. :up:

No I haven't read or watched. I will try now though.

Its a comic book which was adapted into an animated film. Nothing special really. It just has Alfread guarding the batcave with a shotgun.

My thoughts are that in the next film, Batman will be the primary villain. So I expect to see a lot of Alfred b/c of his close relationship with Wayne.

Bruce gets badly injured by the police. Alfred does all he can but Bruce needs a proper medic. He calls for the old family friend,Dr Leslie Thompkins,played by Dame Helen Mirren.

Bruce gets badly injured by the police. Alfred does all he can but Bruce needs a proper medic. He calls for the old family friend,Dr Leslie Thompkins,played by Dame Helen Mirren.

Yeah, I was thinking they would go in that direction. Bruce's injuries have been escalating. In BB, it was a few bruises. In TDK, it was wounds from a dog attack. It seems like a natural progression to make his injuries very severe in B3 and introduce Leslie Thompkins.

I'd actually like to see Alfred smack Bruce across the head or something, lose his rag with him and challenge his motives

"Master Bruce".

"What?"

"Im resigning,*****!"

SLAP!!!

I've actually never been too impressed with the live action Alfreds, Caine included. They aren't terrible mind you, they're just not what I prefer. Caine has the quips but his thick accent and other qualities just don't do it for me.

My ideal Alfred is this one right here,

url

Caine is still good though, as well as Gough, but I don't know, they just aren't superior or as good as HIM.

Caine is a million times better than the animated version. Full of quiet strength and compassion for Bruce.
How the hell can you like the animated version more? I just don't get it.

Caine is a million times better than the animated version. Full of quiet strength and compassion for Bruce.
How the hell can you like the animated version more? I just don't get it.

To each his own. I don't want to compare the two because it's not really fair comparing two different mediums. Zimbalist Jr. could be a horrible live action Alfred just as Caine and Gough could/would be horrible voice actors.

BTAS Alfred just does it for me. Intelligent, fatherly, humorous, as well as witty (the dryer the better) and tasteful.

Yes, BTAS Alfred was great. I liked the Alfred in The Batman as well. Great voice and characterization.
Caine is probably the best live action Alfred we've had, but i cant stand how he is larger in size than the goddamn Batman. And his accent isnt all that buttlerish and gentlemanly. I always expected Alfred to have a more classy accent.

That said, i really like him. He is very fatherly, he has a great sense of humor, he is a medic, and he has no problem scolding Bruce when the situation calls for it.
"I care, because once a great man made me responsible for what is most precious to him in the whole world." What a great line!

Are you guys serious? he's more cockney than Caine I know I take Caine as Alfred any day.

He isnt Cockney...He speaks wll mannered.

BTW Have you ever read that Superman GN he co-wrote? Where Supes landed in the UK,lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"