Henry Cavill IS Clark Kent/Superman - - - Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone posted it in the main thread!

So Henry has also made comments about how the DCEU hasn't worked. Will people say he doesn't know what he's talking about, like they did Gal? :whatever:

You should read what he actually said. All he did was acknowledge they had made some mistakes.

You should read what he actually said. All he did was acknowledge they had made some mistakes.

Can someone give me a source for that article...I've had couple of people tell me on twitter that its fake. Would appreciate the original source.

Can someone give me a source for that article...I've had couple of people tell me on twitter that its fake. Would appreciate the original source.

I read it at CBM which you can’t link to here.

edit.

Last edited:

I wouldn't post something if I didn't read it. Don't be condescending, friend. By acknowledging they have made mistakes is basically saying that things haven't really worked out the way they wanted it to.

I wouldn't post something if I didn't read it. Don't be condescending, friend. By acknowledging they have made mistakes is basically saying that things haven't really worked out the way they wanted it to.

Point been he didn’t say as a whole they didn’t work just that they made mistakes.

Well those mistakes are reasons why people are so critical of the DCEU and why it's been so divisive. Therefore, not working in the way they wanted it to.

So Henry has also made comments about how the DCEU hasn't worked. Will people say he doesn't know what he's talking about, like they did Gal? :whatever:

Well those mistakes are reasons why people are so critical of the DCEU and why it's been so divisive. Therefore, not working in the way they wanted it to.

He literally said DCEU films made the "right mistakes" because they didn't pander to audiences. The only thing Cavill acknowledges is that doing this was always going to make things difficult for the DCEU starting out.

He literally said DCEU films made the "right mistakes" because they didn't pander to audiences. The only thing Cavill acknowledges is that doing this was always going to make things difficult for the DCEU starting out.

This is what he said.
I feel like now the right mistakes have been made and they haven’t been pandered [to], and we can start telling the stories in the way they need to be told. It is even better to come back from a mistake or stylistic error into the correct vein because it will make it seem that much stronger. Wonder Woman was the first step in the right direction.”
Where did it suggest any of what you just tried to spin it as?

mistakes can only be considered "right mistake" when you learn from them. Let wait and see how JL turns out

This is what he said.

Where did it suggest any of what you just tried to spin it as?

Literally what you just quoted. I mean it is right there. Right in front of your face.

I feel like now the right mistakes have been made and they haven’t been pandered [to], and we can start telling the stories in the way they need to be told. It is even better to come back from a mistake or stylistic error into the correct vein because it will make it seem that much stronger. Wonder Woman was the first step in the right direction.”

He's making a distinction between storytelling that's good that doesn't click with audiences and storytelling that has broad audience appeal. He's saying DCEU films need to move more in a broad appeal direction, but he also isn't saying that there wasn't anything good to come out of what came before. It's an extraordinarily nuanced and diplomatic statement you are trying to spin as black and white.

Literally what you just quoted. I mean it is right there. Right in front of your face.

He's making a distinction between storytelling that's good that doesn't click with audiences and storytelling that has broad audience appeal. He's saying DCEU films need to move more in a broad appeal direction, but he also isn't saying that there wasn't anything good to come out of what came before. It's an extraordinarily nuanced and diplomatic statement you are trying to spin as black and white.

Define good storytelling. Coz I was always of this opinion that the whole point of "telling" a "story" is to help it reach audiences. :huh:

He only said, in the context of that quote, that the mistakes weren't pandered to. He goes on to talk about coming back from making a mistake, he wasn't talking about pandering to audiences.

Here is the full quote in context.
DNeNP0YW4AAJ_Yg.jpg

DNeNRSKW0AEn5wq.jpg

I love when people tell us, and the original speaker of a statement, what they really meant by said statement. It must be amazing to have the kind of omniscience necessary to make claims like that with any sort of authority.

He only said, in the context of that quote, that the mistakes weren't pandered to. He goes on to talk about coming back from making a mistake, he wasn't talking about pandering to audiences.

You can't pander to mistakes, and he describes the mistakes as "right" mistakes. Stop twisting this diplomatic statement from Henry into something more derogatory.

Define good storytelling. Coz I was always of this opinion that the whole point of "telling" a "story" is to help it reach audiences. :huh:

Surely, you are aware of the fact that there are films that are loved by niche audiences that don't have what one would necessarily consider four quadrant appeal to the general audience, including children and families. Heck, even a classic Christmas film like It's a Wonderful Life and a novel like The Lord of the Rings were either critical or audience disasters at one point because the public wasn't receptive for stories in that vein at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"