Justice League Henry Cavill IS Clark Kent/Superman - - - - - - Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing is, most 'DC fans' are not really DC fans in general, but are Batman fans or Superman fans (or both), the fandom for other DC characters is small.

Edit: Which is why they should have made a few solo Superman and solo Batman movies first before expanding DCEU.

I think you could have done a Superman sequel and a Batman solo then BvS.

Sadly, that's where most DC fans are at, even if Aquaman, Shazam and WW2 are critically and commercially successful, I doubt most DC fans will care or be happy.

The 'indifference-phase' started with Green Lantern movie and it grew steadily from there, weird.

Success of DC movies solely lies in hands of general audience. Unlike Marvel-fanbase, there are not many DC fans rooting for the success of DCEU films, they are just.. indifferent.

I'm as indifferent to some of DC's future offerings as I am of Marvel's. My interest is based on multiple factors like cast, story, character, and tone, and not the overall health of the universe. Accordingly, I am indifferent to MCU's Ant-man, Doctor Strange, Spider-Man, Iron Man, and Guardians of the Galaxy while I am interested in Captain America, Thor, Black Panther, and Captain Marvel. For DC, I am indifferent to Batman and Batman family films, Harley Quinn/Joker, Lobo, and Deathstroke, but I am interested in Gotham City Sirens, Aquaman, Shazam, Superman, and Wonder Woman. I think most people's investment would almost instantly shift if a film got good buzz from critics, etc. unless it's a film with a character or actor one can't stand.

I gave you a hard time herolee. I officially apologize for any push back I gave you trying to put you at ease that they'll do Superman right for JL and how there was going to be a payoff when it came to the marketing. I was wrong. He got shafted. I'm with yah bro.

Kinda ironic that it's WB that gave him the shaft and not Snyder, contrary to a lot of people's belief initially.

I always hated the superman rip shirt thing, but got chills when I watched it. It felt like a lost of what could have been. Snyder did a great job with that. I would make that entire sequence my avie, but I can't cheat on Bats.

DV2lgdnUQAA5lJs.jpg

DV5L5-oU8AE5v2F.jpg

Henry is perfection as Superman. It hurts how spot on his casting is. He deserves to wear the red and blue for a long time. My fingers and toes are black and blue from crossing them so hard hoping Henry inks a second longterm contract.

I don't doubt that he will... Like at all.

Henry should be part of the solution going forward.

I wonder if Henry even wants anything to do with WB anymore. They very nearly made a mockery out of him permanently. Good thing he managed to pull off strong performance AND has MI6 where he looks great otherwise his career would be probably over with people laughing at him for the rest of his life even when none of this is his fault.

I mean that shot to shot comparison is HORRIFIC

I hear ya harle. Though, I think we as fans and even WB are lucky that Henry is basically one of us. He's a fanboy for sure and I feel he wants a great Superman film to be made just as badly as we all do..maybe more so givin his circumstance. I believe he wants to be the cornerstone of that bigger picture.

Yeah but he is also a professional actor. Honestly the people who sign up for DCEU flicks after what happened with JL are either very trusting or desperate.

Cavill is not in a position to pass on the money and the opportunity. Besides, if I'm him I want to play the character again and have a chance to get it right then leave the role with a poor lasting impression.

Looks like Joss' Clark put some nude lipstick after coming back to life.

I can't believe they aren't even looking in the direction in that final shot.

Cavill is not in a position to pass on the money and the opportunity. Besides, if I'm him I want to play the character again and have a chance to get it right then leave the role with a poor lasting impression.

How is that ever going to happen in this studio?

Put forward the right creative team that gives the character the best chance to succeed.

I wouldn't hold my breath for that. Neither should Cavill.

You don't hold your breath but you also don't walk away. I can see that if you're Ben Affleck and you have multiple opportunities including directorial projects. Henry is not in that position. If there's no more Henry as Superman that I expect that will be WB's decision. Not Henry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"