Justice League Henry Cavill IS Clark Kent/Superman - - - - - - - Part 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to recap, what are the latest superman rumours?

Lol no Elfman score huh, f*** that guy, there are only two Superman scores, and that does not include Elfman, good stuff Henry!

According to some reports, Henry is showing up at SDCC next month to reveal Superman update news in either one of the upcoming films (more than likely Shazam or a complete update on an MoS sequel - director, release date, general news etc.)

A lot of this is based on the fact that he's hitting the gym a lot of late and now that MI : Fallout is complete, his schedule is free, and so why would he be in a studio's gym ? If he wanted to stay trim, he'd use a private one.

God I had actual nightmare about him last night
He was evil and had his CGI mouth and he was unleashing fire on a field where there were kids and dogs :funny:

I was horrified :funny:

That CGI mouth is enough to scare anyone....

Yeah that was significantly worse than the dream featuring Henry I had last week....

TBno.gif

Rumors of:

- Henry and WB/DC in negotiations for a long term Superman contract
-WB going all in on Henry's Superman to be the "glue" that holds the DCU together moving forward
-Latest interviews have Henry desiring to do Man of Steel 2 and confirming talks have been ongoing
-Henry mentioning there's something building to a Shazam!/Superman/Black Adam Showdown
-Christopher McQuarrie and Cavill having Superman ideas on the set of MI:6
-MoS2 announcement coming at SDCC
-WB waiting to announce MoS2 after MI:6 for timing
-Superman in Shazam!
-Henry Cavill announcing the Shazam! panel at SDCC

I hope the Superman in Shazam thing is true. Seems to be an obvious bet.

Honestly WB is lucky after everything that happened with JL Henry is so gracious and professional.

WBs is lucky to have Cavill, they need to make sure they do him justice from here on out.

Well, it's a good thing that Cavill is a big fan of justice.

I'm not sorry for that.

WBs is lucky to have Cavill, they need to make sure they do him justice from here on out.

Agreed. I think all it'll take is the right material for him to really win people over. He's so charming.

Henry can only act what the director asks. He played Snyder's Superman very well, but it's time for him to break loose and allow him to go for it where he can include most of, if not all of his personality, charm and humor into the character because though Henry is a great Jim Lee Superman, he has the goods to do the complete opposite and give the audience the Superman they want.

Agreed. I think all it'll take is the right material for him to really win people over. He's so charming.

Oh definitely I know on here and elsewhere some people don’t like the take in Justice League but I think that showed glimpses of what Cavill can be with the right material.

Henry can only act what the director asks. He played Snyder's Superman very well, but it's time for him to break loose and allow him to go for it where he can include most of, if not all of his personality, charm and humor into the character because though Henry is a great Jim Lee Superman, he has the goods to do the complete opposite and give the audience the Superman they want.

Oh he definitely did nothing wrong with his acting. I love him in Man of Steel but I think he got the shaft in BvS. I also still think at the end of MOS he is the Superman we all wanted but Snyder did a little retconning in BvS which I don’t think was intended before the idea to bring Batman into the picture.

Oh definitely I know on here and elsewhere some people don’t like the take in Justice League but I think that showed glimpses of what Cavill can be with the right material.

Oh he definitely did nothing wrong with his acting. I love him in Man of Steel but I think he got the shaft in BvS. I also still think at the end of MOS he is the Superman we all wanted but Snyder did a little retconning in BvS which I don’t think was intended before the idea to bring Batman into the picture.

I don't understand this line of thought....how is it retconning??

Yes, Cavill at the end of MoS is that Superman...but so is he throughout BvS; characters are not static in time, they're organic entities that respond to the stimuli around them, and Clark was responding to the situations he was facing. We're shown Clark being joyous and playful with Lois at home, but the story that we're being told puts Clark through the ringer and he's responding accordingly, there's no regression there, only natural progression.

I've compared Clark's journey through MoS-BvS to Bruce's journey through BB-TDK; first chapter you have the hero's call to action, which ends with the hero's victory and establishment of his mission, optimistically looking to the future (by virtue of...hey, he just won!), but then things get tough, "the night is darkest right before the dawn"; it's in the second chapter that the true consequences and repercussions of the hero's decisions, of the life he chose and the world pushing back to his disruption of the status quo come into play; the first fight is never the toughest one, is what comes after.

I don't understand this line of thought....how is it retconning??

Yes, Cavill at the end of MoS is that Superman...but so is he throughout BvS; characters are not static in time, they're organic entities that respond to the stimuli around them, and Clark was responding to the situations he was facing. We're shown Clark being joyous and playful with Lois at home, but the story that we're being told puts Clark through the ringer and he's responding accordingly, there's no regression there, only natural progression.

I've compared Clark's journey through MoS-BvS to Bruce's journey through BB-TDK; first chapter you have the hero's call to action, which ends with the hero's victory and establishment of his mission, optimistically looking to the future (by virtue of...hey, he just won!), but then things get tough, "the night is darkest right before the dawn"; it's in the second chapter that the true consequences and repercussions of the hero's decisions, of the life he chose and the world pushing back to his disruption of the status quo come into play; the first fight is never the toughest one, is what comes after.

I really don’t wanna get into this tbh. No thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"