Justice League Henry Cavill IS Clark Kent/Superman - - - - - - - Part 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read all the MOS 2 rumors even when I'm skeptical.

Wonder if Henry is in the weightroom to shoot a few scenes for WW84? Wonder Woman ended in the present even though it was a time period piece so maybe Supes pops up somewhere in the present timeline. Patty I'm sure would love to get her hands on a Diana, Lois and Clark scene. That would be awesome. Didn't Amy say at one point that she "Can't wait to work for Patty"?

I had a similar thought, maybe Diana is being interviewed by the Daily Planet and she is telling the story of what happened in 1984.

I wouldn't bet on it, but it's possible.

He was bang on about the DC Powerstucture and where Hamada and Johns stood within WB and the DC division and ran that story way before the Johns story broke about him leaving DC for a producing role.

Didnt we all guess/speculate that Hamada was basically calling the shots and that Geoff Johns had been "demoted" to a more creative consultant role? It seemed like the obvious thing tbh.

I wanted the dude to be right regarding the MOS2 thing...yet.

Lets just hope CC2018 gives us something regarding a Superman solo. Its Superman's 80th year. NOW is the time to announce it.

Wonder if Henry is in the weightroom to shoot a few scenes for WW84? Wonder Woman ended in the present even though it was a time period piece so maybe Supes pops up somewhere in the present timeline. Patty I'm sure would love to get her hands on a Diana, Lois and Clark scene. That would be awesome. Didn't Amy say at one point that she "Can't wait to work for Patty"?

Now that...would be awesome.

I hope DCEU doesnt stop doing awesome cameos like these. Doesnt have to be 100% standalone, where's the fun in that :oldrazz:

Yup.

Amy Adams had expressed her desire to work with Patty Jenkins in one of her interviews, I wouldn't be surprised to see Lois Lane appearing in a Wonder Woman movie in one of the scenes set in present day.

Or, even Clark Kent making an appearance as reporter Clark Kent.

Pretty sure that SDCC announcement will just be that Superman will be in Shazam. Can't our hopes too high. Always the case with DC. 3 great movies are coming...maybe.
Yet no Superman film...still.

After Avengers: Infinity War though, it feels like there's no way DC is ever going to surpass what Marvel did. After Infinity War, I don't think general audiences will give a damn about the upcoming DC films. This is problematic as it is. Maybe WW2 since Wonder Woman was the only one to have succeeded. I think Aquaman has the potential, and maybe Shazam, because they're both new and different. Still, doesn't sound like Warner Bros has a plan, because there's only 3 films coming out! And at least 25 films still in pre-production!

I think the only way DC can boost their popularity again is if they have an upcoming Superman movie. Superman is kind of like like the king, or the 'Captain America' of the DC series. You do a Marvel series without Cap, it feels incomplete.

With the Marvel slate, Avenger films aside, Marvel's most important market targets have been Captain America and Iron Man. Batman and Superman should be the mainstream for DC Films' marketing when it comes to promoting solo-movies before the next potential Justice League film. Because obviously right now, it's just Wondy, Aquabro and Shazam.

In Marvel, you have these other solo films, Doctor Strange, Ant-Man, Thor, Guardians, Captain Marvel...but it's Spider-Man, Cap and Iron Man that are the most important. They are the image of Marvel.

I mean having no Superman or Batman film announced within the upcoming DC movies is like Marvel not having a Captain America movie or Iron Man movie in the process of being made...even though they're done with their solos, but the point being, they were crucial to Marvel's movies and success.

DC doesn't need to surpass Marvel. At some point, Marvel won't be able to surpass Marvel. They're going so big that the wheel will come full circle into the audience appreciating the smaller scaled adventures that doesn't act like the heavyweight blockbuster fight every film. Sometimes the wheel doesnt re-invent itself as much as it just keeps turning and come full circle. As long as these movies are good then DC can get on top of their own stable of films no matter what Marvel has done. Know what Marvel is doing but seriously, you can't replicate that. Lighting in the bottle was The Dark Knight Trilogy for DC. Lighting in the bottle for Marvel was Iron Man and the shared universe. Lighting usually doesn't strike three times but DC can still bring the much needed rumble of thunder.

And I'm all out of cliche's lol.

For the record, that doesn't mean they shouldn't try to surpass the competition. Sometimes, things can come out of the blue and simply take off. You got to keep busting things out. Hopefully DC comes with the big guns and starts throwing haymakers with their Trinity first and foremost.

IMO, it shouldn't be about surpassing anybody. They need to focus on putting out good films and go from there. Trying to rush in with all the crossover stuff after Avengers made WB's eyes turn into dollar signs is part of why the franchise is in the mess it's in now. WB has put out some of the finest superhero movies of all time, from Superman 1978 to The Dark Knight. They weren't worrying about trying to build a shared universe then, they were just trying to make good movies. They need to go back to that.

It's impossible for DC to replicate the success of Marvel's IW, before IW, even Marvel failed to make Avengers:AoU as successful as the first Avengers.

And, lets not forget that Marvel's most popular character Spider-Man failed to reach 1 bil. even after appearing in 6 solo movies.

I know, some posters here will bring up the argument that Raimi's Spider-Man movies cannot be expected to reach 1 bil as that was 10 years ago, at the time when number of theaters were limited in rest of the world but that argument does not hold, as Spider-man 3 came out in 2007, it was a followup to mega popular Spider-man 2, The Dark Knight came out in 2008 (only 1 year difference), so the Box Office earnings of the two can be compared, the simple fact is Spidey even after 6 movies has still to earn 1 bil. maybe he will do it in his next movie.

Why I'm even saying this ? Because I want to say getting to a one billion is not an easy task.

Spider-Man failing to get to a billion is something I get though, because a lot of people are just sick of the character this point. That's not a knock against him, but there were already murmurs along the lines of "Seriously, another one!?" back when they rebooted the series for the first time in 2012. Even without adjusting for inflation, the domestic numbers for Spider-Man: Homecoming fall short of the three Raimi movies, and the Amazing films did even less.

With the DCEU, I think people tend to get hung up on the lack of a billion dollar grosser so much because both Justice League and Batman v. Superman seemed like they should have been billion dollar grossers easily based on the track record of the past Batman films.

I find the billion dollar thing mostly comes from the budget side of things. Even as a fan of the DC Films so far the budgets for most films have been severely bloated. Films should not be costing that much to make.

IMO, it shouldn't be about surpassing anybody. They need to focus on putting out good films and go from there. Trying to rush in with all the crossover stuff after Avengers made WB's eyes turn into dollar signs is part of why the franchise is in the mess it's in now. WB has put out some of the finest superhero movies of all time, from Superman 1978 to The Dark Knight. They weren't worrying about trying to build a shared universe then, they were just trying to make good movies. They need to go back to that.

Yeah. Sometimes it's simple logic and judging by the comments echoed by Emmerich, they're getting back to focusing on making the best movies possible.

That could work, heck could even be a credit scene that has nothing to do with Wonder Woman. There could always be a scene that’s a seed for setting something up later, afterall the Marvel movies don’t tend to always have credit scenes that are connected directly to the current film.

Another thought would be what if he appears as Clark and it’s somethinf to do with an article he’s doing about Wonder Woman. Afterall we know post JL she’s now out there.

I know we've caught up with some convo on FB, but it's good to see you around, BHH!

Why I'm even saying this ? Because I want to say getting to a one billion is not an easy task.
4mvp.gif

Given the frequency and recency of occurrence, there's probably a meeting of studio executives going down a list or ppt of assets to include in movies and the marketing with "Billion Dollar+ Hit" posted on the door.

4mvp.gif

Given the frequency and recency of occurrence, there's probably a meeting of studio executives going down a list or ppt of assets to include in movies and the marketing with "Billion Dollar+ Hit" posted on the door.

Still, it's not an easy task, many things can go wrong for a movie even if on paper it looks like it has a potential to earn 1 bil. at Box Office, look at Star Wars SOLO.

Still, it's not an easy task, many things can go wrong for a movie even if on paper it looks like it has a potential to earn 1 bil. at Box Office, look at Star Wars SOLO.

I definitely wasn't referring to that "easy".

I find the billion dollar thing mostly comes from the budget side of things. Even as a fan of the DC Films so far the budgets for most films have been severely bloated. Films should not be costing that much to make.

...and in JL's case, looking SO poor as a result.

I think this is from Zacks JL. Didn't someone say him dodging Steppenwolfs punch was the only piece of Zack Superman in the Tower fight?

Looks like this is more of that scene.

I think this is from Zacks JL. Didn't someone say him dodging Steppenwolfs punch was the only piece of Zack Superman in the Tower fight?

Definitely from Zack. There’s no ‘stache on Henry... :woot:

Superman himself just shared a behind the scenes video on his Instagram. Cavill used both the John Williams and Hans Zimmer Superman themes in said video:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BkYh8KglPRG/

It shows just how great the Zimmer music is that you can follow it right after the Williams theme and it doesn't feel like it's a drop in quality. Williams is the master, and I would want the Williams Superman theme to be my personal life theme music (tried to find an I'm Gonna Git You Sucka gif, but couldn't find one)... so the fact that I can hear the Zimmer score right afterwards and still be into it, that says a lot about what Zimmer did.

Yeah it's probably from Zack's JL. I imagine it's him flying to Russia, or him dodging Parademon blasts. :hmr: He looks exactly like Superman should. Sigh. Why WB WHY.

Superman himself just shared a behind the scenes video on his Instagram. Cavill used both the John Williams and Hans Zimmer Superman themes in said video:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BkYh8KglPRG/

Wow. It's good to see Henry posting Superman related material. He's teasing about what he's currently up to. If Henry isn't the perfect modern day Superman then quite frankly, there isn't one out there. Henry needs to be Superman for a long time on the big screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"