Justice League Henry Cavill IS Clark Kent/Superman - - - - - - Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, it's mind boggling how they hired such incompetent people to do makeup and hair-style for reshoots.

Last edited:
Chelsea-Thats-So-Raven-Real-Life.gif

Chelsea :hmr:

Amy was filming or had just wrapped her HBO series Sharp Objects when she did the reshoots. She looked like this:

sharp-objects-hbo.jpg

So I definitely think it's a wig in the reshoots.

Lawd, that is so beautiful, Micromind. Say what you will about Snyder's execution but the man clearly mapped out Superman's arc from beginning to end and definitely had an endgame. Its such a refreshing take on the superhero origin, its too bad people just didnt take kind to the approach.

Lawd, that is so beautiful, Micromind. Say what you will about Snyder's execution but the man clearly mapped out Superman's arc from beginning to end and definitely had an endgame. Its such a refreshing take on the superhero origin, its too bad people just didnt take kind to the approach.

I loved it because it was more or less a faithful monomythic cycle:

Campbell-Myth-quest.gif

Snyder obviously was enamored with Campbell, too, since he quoted him and had his ideas literally embedded into the costumes of Superman ("Where we had thought to stand alone, we will be with all the world.") and Wonder Woman ("Life is killing life all the time, and so the goddess kills herself in the sacrifice of her own animal.").

I think even if Warner Bros hadnt made Snyder rush to JL we would have gotten a similar styled arc for him in MoS sequels. I thinl from the get-go Snyders intention was to tell a grand mythic arc about life, death and rebirth whether it included Batman and the Justice League or not.

I'm still a believer in Henry. I still want to see him take flight again. Pun intended.

The feeling that you get when you realize that in Snyder's original cut of "Justice League",

1. Clark and Lois are officially engaged

2. Clark is shown making that transition in leaving his doubts behind as he reclaims his suit from the scout ship

3. The film would have come off as more of a proper ending to the trilogy that he started with "Man of Steel" where we would have seen the journey of how Clark went to become Superman and a member of the Justice League.

20615650.gif

I gave you a hard time herolee. I officially apologize for any push back I gave you trying to put you at ease that they'll do Superman right for JL and how there was going to be a payoff when it came to the marketing. I was wrong. He got shafted. I'm with yah bro.

I gave you a hard time herolee. I officially apologize for any push back I gave you trying to put you at ease that they'll do Superman right for JL and how there was going to be a payoff when it came to the marketing. I was wrong. He got shafted. I'm with yah bro.

I second that.

I was wrong and probably naively assumed that WB would not take Snyder's movie away from him while he was grieving, and reshoot almost half of it. It was a very sad realization when I watched JL for the first time in the theatre and saw Henry's disfigured face. I looked at my longtime DC friend beside me and he looked back at me with a shocked face.

Last edited:
The people who haven't like the previous movies don't take the disappointment with JL as hard. Pretty much what some have been feeling with this movie is how I felt a while back. It came to a point where my reaction to JL is indifference and most of my interest going forward revolves around if we get MOS 2. I don't have passion for pretty much anything else right now with the DC. Even WW 2.

I was wrong and probably naively assumed that WB would not take Snyder's movie away from him while he was grieving, and reshoot almost half of it. It was a very sad realization when I watched JL for the first time in the theatre and saw Henry's disfigured face. I looked at my longtime DC friend beside me and he looked back at me with a shocked face.

Same. I gave them the benefot of thr doubt that they were doing right by retaining Zack's movie intact, just beefing up dialogue and banter in some places. Not completely remaking the whole damn movie.

The people who haven't like the previous movies don't take the disappointment with JL as hard. Pretty much what some have been feeling with this movie is how I felt a while back. It came to a point where my reaction to JL is indifference and most of my interest going forward revolves around if we get MOS 2. I don't have passion for pretty much anything else right now with the DC. Even WW 2.

Sadly, that's where most DC fans are at, even if Aquaman, Shazam and WW2 are critically and commercially successful, I doubt most DC fans will care or be happy.

The 'indifference-phase' started with Green Lantern movie and it grew steadily from there, weird.

Success of DC movies solely lies in hands of general audience. Unlike Marvel-fanbase, there are not many DC fans rooting for the success of DCEU films, they are just.. indifferent.

Count me in with the "indifferent" crowd. I'm not even clamouring for an Aquaman trailer.

You, your friend and JL's ashes:

giphy.gif

Shazam is what really has my interest right now. I really hope Henry is in it.

Personally I have lost all interest in the DCEU. At this point all I care about is Superman and when we'll see him again.

Personally I still wish they’d done a Superman trilogy after Man of Steel. It’s only in hindsight I can see how the decisions in BvS were wrong. At the end of Man of Steel Clark is that Superman. It’s all told in that smile as Clark at the end.

That final scene at the Daily Planet at the end of MOS is still one of my favorites.

Thing is, most 'DC fans' are not really DC fans in general, but are Batman fans or Superman fans (or both), the fandom for other DC characters is small.

Edit: Which is why they should have made a few solo Superman and solo Batman movies first before expanding DCEU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"