Justice League Henry Cavill IS Clark Kent/Superman - - - - Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there is a petition to be signed for MoS2, I'll buy a 100 pack of pens with the strongest ink on the market. I'll even show up in person to sign the papers. Just let me know, fam!

I general agree with the lack of story-arc development and narrative consistency, but I'm not all against a struggling Superman approach.

Just think that DD was a bad choice for a villain and the final act was for a lack of better words, confusingly underwhelming.

The problem is that in BvS, Snyder depicted Superman as more than just struggling, but having a cynical and defeatist attitude as well, something that's not consistent with character qualities that are typically associated with Superman.

Having Superman struggle is fine, because that should be an important aspect of overcoming challenges. He doesn't have to be the absolute strongest, or the smartest, or the best in every category, but having a positive, aspiring, and hopeful personality and being able to overcome his enemies is important for a cathartic arc. In other words, while his strength and power level may be up for debate, his personality really shouldn't, and certainly not the way Snyder decided to depict him.

Last edited:
I love super stomping man though lol. More of that sort of thing

Btw just saw an article from Cavill that states he had seen eye to eye on the Superman role with Whedon. This is the first time I've seen any of the cast talk about Whedon. Till today Momoa is still keeping his praise only for Snyder.

i just want one more Superman solo with Cavill.
come on WB, give him one more shot at the very least.

I don't think it's necessary. If we ever get an MoS2, it almost certainly wouldn't be directed by Snyder. So we really just need a petition for an MoS2, lol.

Yea, don't think WB will ever let Snyder touch Superman again. MOS2 is what we need, and to be honest, after seeing what Joss Whedon done with him, i would absolutely LOVE if he directed it, Joss gets him!

With that said, Snyders Batman (in BvS) is my favorite Batman to date, it's the closest we came to the Arkman games, which always been my dream Batman. Snyder and Batman were made for eachother.

Last edited:
Btw just saw an article from Cavill that states he had seen eye to eye on the Superman role with Whedon. This is the first time I've seen any of the cast talk about Whedon. Till today Momoa is still keeping his praise only for Snyder.

Interesting. Link?

Henry was saying what we all are excited about: that the character is heading into the right direction and possess's the classical character traits he and everyone else wants so dearly for him to be able to turn loose with. Joss did one thing right: make it feel as if Superman being there was a blessing. I felt that in JL immensely. The problem is the dialogue and the forced humor for the sake of it. Superman was written good in some aspects of the reshoots, but Henry STILL needs a better director and a solid team around him. He proved that whatever it is they throw at him, he can adjust and work out the kinks. His performance left me uber excited for another Superman film. He just needs a solid team that love the character while not making him into a quip-fest. Cavill certainly has the abilities to spread his wings. From what Henry was mentioning about what they can do with Superman, Matthew Vaughn would be a good choice where him and Henry would flawlessly see eye to eye.

Henry was saying what we all are excited about: that the character is heading into the right direction and possess's the classical character traits he and everyone else wants so dearly for him to be able to turn loose with. Joss did one thing right: make it feel as if Superman being there was a blessing. I felt that in JL immensely. The problem is the dialogue and the forced humor for the sake of it. Superman was written good in some aspects of the reshoots, but Henry STILL needs a better director and a solid team around him. He proved that whatever it is they throw at him, he can adjust and work out the kinks. His performance left me uber excited for another Superman film. He just needs a solid team that love the character while not making him into a quip-fest. Cavill certainly has the abilities to spread his wings. From what Henry was mentioning about what they can do with Superman, Matthew Vaughn would be a good choice where him and Henry would flawlessly see eye to eye.

Agreed, I like how his absence was felt and it was an important event bringing him back. I also loved how powerful they made him.

I hated the quips though, and I didn't feel emotionally what I should have when he returned, not when he was re-united with Lois and Martha. They should have been emotionally charged scenes, yet I felt nothing in all of them.

So, even as a fan of Joss, he got a lot wrong for me.

I respect Cavill and have always felt he was genuine so no need to doubt him here.

But we don’t agree. The character hasn’t earned it yet but the hope was that he certainly would.

If some of the cut scenes regarding what was to transpire at the Kent farm are to be believed, it certainly would’ve helped get him closer.

the cut scenes would have brought him back full circle, even ghost of Costner is proud of him.

The lack of connection is no fault of Joss or Henry's. It started with Snyder trying to cram 3 movies into 1, then Kevin Tsujihara for shortening BvS AND JL run-time. I think given enough time to work with the material, Joss Whedon can give us a good Superman movie, if Matthew Vaughn isn't up for the job.

I'm amazed Tsujihara hasn't been canned yet. Perhaps they're waiting to see how it performs in its second weekend?

Cavill's performance in JL was bittersweet. At last, fans finally got the Superman we always wanted to see, and Cavill played him perfectly, revealing the full potential he always had. Unfortunately, this may well prove to be his last time playing the role. :csad: It's incredibly frustrating as a Superman fan.

I'm amazed Tsujihara hasn't been canned yet. Perhaps they're waiting to see how it performs in its second weekend?

WBs have had a massive year, one flop won’t change that. As far as the studio is concerned this year has been superb financially for them.

It's finally here...

oBcN6Ph.png

I want a wallpaper version of that without the logos.

Maybe it's not arranged properly, but without him it looked like a proper group photo. He just looks like he was slapped over it.

Cavill's performance in JL was bittersweet. At last, fans finally got the Superman we always wanted to see, and Cavill played him perfectly, revealing the full potential he always had. Unfortunately, this may well prove to be his last time playing the role. :csad: It's incredibly frustrating as a Superman fan.

If he doesn't get another chance at Superman it would be an absolute tragedy. He has proven he has what it takes to make Superman an icon again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"