Henry Cavill IS Clark Kent/Superman - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed BH/HHH, no more point in replying. Clearly trying to bait.

Yes indeed, but I've liked it all since day one, despite the fact that BvS was a hideously flawed film technically I really enjoyed the spirit of it. It'll be the same here, I'll probably overlook all flaws in the first viewing and enjoy it immensely and come back down to earth a bit with subsequent viewings.

If they fix some of the issues that BvS had with being a bit scatterbrained but maintain the rest I'll be ecstatic, I really like the universe they've set up - very amped for the trailer this weekend. I hope they've learned their lesson from the Doomsday BvS trailer and don't give up too much, hopefully just a red cape fluttering in the corner of the screen or a flash across the screen announcing the boy scout :)

Your take on the teaser?

I thought the BvS TC was flawed as hell, but then UC redeemed it for me. Most of the technical issues like editing and pacing were fixed for me. Ive been much more hyped for JL since then, as i am a big fan of MOS and BvS.

I loved what I saw today. Aquaman being the badass he deserves, Batman on a f-ing gargoyle doing iconic Batman stuff, I cant wait for the trailer on saturday. I'll probably see the comiccon stuff, but then I'll call it quits. No more for me. It will be hard but ehh. I hope they dont pull a doomsday either, like you said, a flutter of a cape, a sonicboom, quite good :up:

I don't know how you people control yourselves in terms of footage. I can't.

I thought the BvS TC was flawed as hell, but then UC redeemed it for me. Most of the technical issues like editing and pacing were fixed for me. Ive been much more hyped for JL since then, as i am a big fan of MOS and BvS.

I loved what I saw today. Aquaman being the badass he deserves, Batman on a f-ing gargoyle doing iconic Batman stuff, I cant wait for the trailer on saturday. I'll probably see the comiccon stuff, but then I'll call it quits. No more for me. It will be hard but ehh. I hope they dont pull a doomsday either, like you said, a flutter of a cape, a sonicboom, quite good :up:

I actually walked out of the theater thinking BvS was pretty good, while I like the fan service from the UC I feel like it was made primarily for established fans, and like Snyder was trying to make two movies at the same time; the GA crowd pleaser and the in-depth fan homage. That said, I do think the UC supplemented the TC very well, it's just a shame that the extra footage feels like it bloats the movie a little. Visually and in terms of performance I loved it, but the narrative pacing feels jarring for me on subsequent viewings.

My honest hope for JL is that it's just a tightly paced, conventional team up. I enjoyed what Snyder did with BvS, making it an almost poetic religious metaphor wrapped up in comic book mythology, but I don't think the studio can afford a repeat. From what we've seen so far it seems a lot more plot-driven than character driven, like an ensemble tends to be, so I'm hopeful this one hits it out of the park.

My honest hope for JL is that it's just a tightly paced, conventional team up. I enjoyed what Snyder did with BvS, making it an almost poetic religious metaphor wrapped up in comic book mythology, but I don't think the studio can afford a repeat. From what we've seen so far it seems a lot more plot-driven than character driven, like an ensemble tends to be, so I'm hopeful this one hits it out of the park.

Same here. Like I said, hopefully it continues the mythological and epic tone of the previous movies, and it looks like it will. I want this movie to be very epic and comicbooky.

So, Ironically this just came in my mail after 3months of waiting.

Will buy a nice frame tho.

gdBd1qX.jpg

Last edited:
I truly don't get how he's getting the shaft myself, the league is forming as a cause of his heroic sacrifice but if you feel that way then you do.

End of the say it's quite likely he's going to get the films show stealing moment. For me, I'd rather see him make an impact than have more screen time for the sake of it.

Also I fail to see how him joking the team at the end doesn't make him a member. That's just a strange view.

Tell you an interesting example, the Power Rangers. The Green Ranger didn't join the team until much later and when he did he became the most popular member, eventually up surfing the Red Ranger as the leader when he became the White Ranger. So you don't have to be a member or even the leader just because you weren't there when the team was first formed.

1. When I say "shaft", I mean on how Superman's screen time has slowly diminished with every installment of this so called trilogy that Snyder has created. Superman is probably the only protagonist of a trilogy that I can think of where his screen time gets smaller with every new film. Plus, even with BvS, most of the marketing and promotion was centered on everything Batman related while Superman's marketing side was barely present. Now comes JL and he's nowhere to be found. Now I can understand if they wanted to focus on introducing new characters but both Batman and Wonder Woman aren't new and they'll be at the epicenter of this marketing campaign.

Also, the fact that JL was written in a way where we have to potentially wait 2/3 into the film before we see him interact with any hero is way overoboard. Not to mention that the only action sequences that he will probably have is just the film's finale. I would rather get several good moments for Superman sprinkled throughout the movie than just one great moment at the very end. Frankly this whole thing reeks of Snyder where everything he does has a negative consequence. By trying to build up anticipation for Superman's return he decides to make sure that the character is absent from everything JL related. The only people that's going to end up still caring about Superman's return at the end of this will probably be the ones who remained loyal to Henry's version whereas people who never cared as much won't be given any new incentives to change their minds.

2. In regards to the Green Ranger example, I don't think there are a lot of people who are willing to wait a few more years before Henry's superman finds his footing with this JL. We waited enough for this film as it is. Plus, The green Ranger was always the outsider of the group anyways, a comparison that should have been more appropriate for Batman's character.

1. When I say "shaft", I mean on how Superman's screen time has slowly diminished with every installment of this so called trilogy that Snyder has created. Superman is probably the only protagonist of a trilogy that I can think of where his screen time gets smaller with every new film. Plus, even with BvS, most of the marketing and promotion was centered on everything Batman related while Superman's marketing side was barely present. Now comes JL and he's nowhere to be found. Now I can understand if they wanted to focus on introducing new characters but both Batman and Wonder Woman aren't new and they'll be at the epicenter of this marketing campaign.

Also, the fact that JL was written in a way where we have to potentially wait 2/3 into the film before we see him interact with any hero is way overoboard. Not to mention that the only action sequences that he will probably have is just the film's finale. I would rather get several good moments for Superman sprinkled throughout the movie than just one great moment at the very end. Frankly this whole thing reeks of Snyder where everything he does has a negative consequence. By trying to build up anticipation for Superman's return he decides to make sure that the character is absent from everything JL related. The only people that's going to end up still caring about Superman's return at the end of this will probably be the ones who remained loyal to Henry's version whereas people who never cared as much won't be given any new incentives to change their minds.

2. In regards to the Green Ranger example, I don't think there are a lot of people who are willing to wait a few more years before Henry's superman finds his footing with this JL. We waited enough for this film as it is. Plus, The green Ranger was always the outsider of the group anyways, a comparison that should have been more appropriate for Batman's character.

If you watch the Ultinate Edition of BvS Clark/Superman has a lot of screen time. Even in the theatrical he still had plenty.

I don't really get the screen time argument, so aslong as Superman is in the entire film that's all you want and damn the story?

I disagree, imagine kids faces when Superman returns. It's like Hulk in Avengers, general audiences didn't really care about him to the extent they did in the Bill Bixby/Lou Ferrigno days yet in Avengers the "I'm always angry" moment was easily the most talked about. Keeping Superman out of the marketing is smart, people will give a s*** when he comes back.

The Green Ranger example was simply to point out because someone joins a team after the fact it doesn't mean they aren't a member or can become the leader.

Yes I to don't understand the "this is Superman's trilogy" claim. There is no Trilogy that exists where the lead character's role gets smaller and smaller.

It's a trilogy because it's a character arc, it's a story arc. Screen time amounts aren't always relevant, the relevance is the story. It's a story arc trilogy.

I like what Ryudoz is saying, I may disagree but atleast he is being calm and rational.

That's the thing...another reason Superman has less screentime in JL is fairly obvious: His character has had two films already to be developed. Batman and Wonder Woman will have one (though WW had an extended cameo in BVS), and Aquaman, Flash, and Cyborg still need to be introduced, along with the threat.

I like what Ryudoz is saying, I may disagree but atleast he is being calm and rational.

I appreciate the comment. I am much more a fan of civil discourse than needlessly screaming at the air. That, and the fact that I experienced something similar on these boards when X3: TLS came out in regards to Cyclops. Learned a few lessons in managing expectations when it comes to these sorts of things.

Plus, spending the majority of my time here lurking gives me a nice disconnect when I need it.

I dont see any of ya'll being jelly of my Cavill signed pic.

Chop! Chop! Be jelly.

If you watch the Ultinate Edition of BvS Clark/Superman has a lot of screen time. Even in the theatrical he still had plenty.

I don't really get the screen time argument, so aslong as Superman is in the entire film that's all you want and damn the story?

I disagree, imagine kids faces when Superman returns. It's like Hulk in Avengers, general audiences didn't really care about him to the extent they did in the Bill Bixby/Lou Ferrigno days yet in Avengers the "I'm always angry" moment was easily the most talked about. Keeping Superman out of the marketing is smart, people will give a s*** when he comes back.

The Green Ranger example was simply to point out because someone joins a team after the fact it doesn't mean they aren't a member or can become the leader.

I won't deny that the Ultimate Edition was definitely a better portrayal for the character than the actual theatrical version.

Be that as it may, I personally have no desire to wait another few more years to possibly see Superman having a bigger role in a JL film.

And in regards to the Hulk example, we'll you are definitely right about that. However, I argue that one of the other reasons why the Hulk was so well received is because the film had done a great job in establishing the character throughout the film and we got to see how he meshed with the other characters.

I won't lie, even IF Snyder does a good job in bringing the character back, it won't mean jack to me if he has the same amount of time that Quicksilver had in DOFP where he's just there to make a brief and powerful appearance only.

It's also unforgivable in my eyes for them to market this whole film as a league without Superman. Either Superman is presented as a member of the group or not. It's bull that they're saying that he's important when they don't promote him as such.... just to maintain some illusion that he's still dead.

If someone told you 10 years ago that the first ever JL film would happen this year but that Superman would be gone for most of it, how do you honestly think people would have reacted to that?

In any case, fret not guys since I will be out of this thread and out of your hairs by this Saturday. I can't speak for Mad Love or anyone else, but this one poster who won't be raining down on your parades when the full trailer hits.:yay:

I know most won't care when I say this, but I find it utterly sad that Superman does not feature in any promotional material thus far for a Justice League movie, aside from one picture.

I know most won't care when I say this, but I find it utterly sad that Superman does not feature in any promotional material thus far for a Justice League movie, aside from one picture.

Same. But we're in the extremely small minority.

I think it's partly to keep expectations in check. For better or worse, I don't see Superman getting a lot of screen time.

We don't even have our first official trailer yet, Supes will get used in the marketing sooner or later, have some patience.

I'm expecting like 20 ish minutes of screen time and not much interaction with the team. If I'm wrong that will be a pleasant surprise but those are my expectations.

I'm expecting like 20 ish minutes of screen time and not much interaction with the team. If I'm wrong that will be a pleasant surprise but those are my expectations.

Which would be ****ing shameful.

I'm a die hard Batman fan, but for Superman to essentially be a periphery character in a Justice League movie? Awful. Just awful.

Let's hope the resurrection takes place no later that mid second act, and we actually get the Justice League on film for more than ten minutes.

A Justice League without Superman isn't the Justice League.

The whole point of a Justice League to me has always been because it's not just a job for Superman anymore.

Not "Superman is gone and the world still needs protecting." Not "The Justice League can't do it, they need a Superman." Kal-El's flaw is that he as one man thinks he is powerful enough to fix all of the world's problems, but he can't, he can't do alone and doesn't have to. He's got the Justice League.

That's the movie I wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"