Henry Cavill is Superman

ManWithNoName18

Sidekick
Reaction score
Henry will presumably be back for MOS 2. What would you like to see out of him and the character of Superman in his next solo?

I would like to see more of Henry's charm shine through. Like the scenes in MOS with Superman & the general and what does the S stand for. Basically, let superman be henry cavill with an american accent.

I also want to see a full save scene, not a montage, not a series of newspaper clippings and not something on the tv. I want a scene. And I want to see him talk to someone/s he's helping (someone other than the usual suspects... strangers).

I love what I see from superman thusfar. But these are the things I felt lacking.

And I would like the curl too :woot:

Hope they let him smile, show his charm and warmth.

Hopefully a better director gets a better performance. Too many moments from him in the last film that really make me cringe

Clark throwing down as a reporter and earning his press badge.
Clark having to listen to people talk about Superman and getting embarrassed by some comments.
A little kid tugging on Superman's cape to get his attention.

I know not everyone agrees, but I really enjoyed Superman in JL. I feel like Henry showed a lot more charm there than either MOS or BVS.

I really hope he is back I really do. If he is they just need to let him be Superman and allow him the room to make the character his own. Same as they did with Tyler Hoechlin on Supergirl.

Mario-Francisco Robles has a new website called Revenge of the Fans and yesterday he posted an article saying the reception to JL did have an impact on the MOS 2 announcement but there were still be an official announcement with a release date and a director pretty soon.

We'll see how credible he turns out to be in the end. I'm guessing we know in another month or so if he's right or not.

With the possibility of SS2 releasing in the summer of next year, that could mean WB is keen for 3 DC films per year from 2019, and that would leave 3 slots for 2020, which increases the chances of a MOS2.

The movies in contention could be MOS2, Nightwing, Batman and Flashpoint, FP is probably a lock for 2020, and we probably won't see Nightwing and Batman in the same year, and there are talks of Batman coming as far out as 2022 (though I think 2021 is the latest).

I know not everyone agrees, but I really enjoyed Superman in JL. I feel like Henry showed a lot more charm there than either MOS or BVS.

JL was Henry at his most Superman-ly. I just wish it wasn't hindered by mouth stuff that ranged from just odd-looking to straight up eye-gougingly terrible.

JL was Henry at his most Superman-ly. I just wish it wasn't hindered by mouth stuff that ranged from just odd-looking to straight up eye-gougingly terrible.

You can thank Paramount for that, let's hope MI:6 makes more money than JL, else it would be going through all that trouble for nothing.

I loved him in JL, I just wish Paramount hadn’t been ***** and let him shave.

Tom Cruise's last two movies, The Mummy (2017) earned $409 mil and American Made (2017) $134 mil. worldwide.

Holding Paramount responsible is the dumbest thing ever, you guys.

It's not Paramount's fault that WB went with a director who had, to varying degrees, let them down twice before and would necessitate a reshoot for Cavill's scenes, while he was still on Paramount's time. And it's similarly not Paramount's fault that, with all the things that visual effects can do in this day and age, from making men fly to turning actors into giant blue aliens, cyborgs and apes... and yet they somehow couldn't effectively take the hair off of a guy's face without it looking like the pirate painting from Spongebob Squarepants.

Most of the scenes that Whedon reshot with mustached Cavill were unnecessary, like the scene in at the Kent Farm where Clark replies coming back to life was 'itchy'. The Original scene shot by Snyder was so much better where Cavill talks about the Ring on Lois Lane's hand.

hope to see him doing a scene similar like this

EXT OF THE ROOFTOP OF A PROMINENT SKYSCRAPER

We can hear faintly police siren blaring from below. A Teenager is sitting on the parapet wall at the edge of the building. He has been crying. He has bruises on his face and body.

He hears the noise of the fluttering. He looks up to see superman hovering in front of him with his cape fluttering gracefully in the breeze like an angel.

SUPERMAN
Do you need help?

TEENAGER
(Stands up dangerously)
GO AWAY!!!
I don’t need you to save me!!!

SUPERMAN
Easy, boy. I promise I won’t do anything if you don’t allow me to.

TEENAGER
It is not fair!!!
None of it is fair!!!
Don’t you dare to tell me otherwise!

SUPERMAN
No. it isn’t. However, everyone is getting 24 hours a day. It isn’t unfair either.

TEENAGER
You don’t understand. You have everything. You have all the great powers and everyone look up to you.

SUPERMAN
(gets closer to him)
I understand. I got bullied from time to time.
Even now as superman.
Zack. Can I Call you Zack?
(He sees his name tag on his shirt)

ZACK
You do?
But it is different. You are superman. I’m just a pathetic human.

SUPERMAN
We are the same. Inside I’m just a vulnerable human. We feel pain, sad and loss of hope. It’s okay, Zack.
You are not alone.

ZACK
It’s too unbearable. I can’t take it anymore. I tried. I’m tired.
What is the point to hang in there, for endless suffering?

SUPERMAN
It is for us to learn to accept ourselves and to love ourselves. Believe me, I’ve been through it. Only then, others will love us and we will love others.

ZACK seems calming down a bit.

SUPERMAN
Sometime I need help too, Zack.
It’s perfectly okay to get help.

Zack falls into superman’s embrace and cries. Superman gives him the warmest fatherly hug.

ZOOM OUT to see the policemen has broken the staircase door and rushed to the rooftop to see superman has saved the boy in a background of a shooting star cutting across the dark night.

CLOSE UP VIEW of the shooting star. It is the Black crystal-like METEOR released by Brainiac.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"