Days of Future Past Hereee Kitty, Kitty, Kitty! : The Ellen Page/Shadowcat thread!

Fox wouldnt want anyone from the crew to confirm it as soon, lol

Thats why he seems worried with all these articles popping everywhere

I'm gonna take what Millar said with a grain of salt and just wait and see, because the last time I remember someone saying "fans won't be disappointed" we all ended up with a Cloud.

Whenever they start wanting people to change titles or remove things that mean something was there they don't want out.That further evidance Mark Millare may have given too much hint who time traveler Is.

A major role may be why Ellen Page agreed to return.

Millar said that the Sentinels will be a big part in this movie.The Sentinels are in the future,I do not think that the future only lasts 30 minutes.

Millar said that the Sentinels will be a big part in this movie.The Sentinels are in the future,I do not think that the future only lasts 30 minutes.

from what we read in that casting sheet thing it said most the film will be said in 1972 so unless there is a time traveling sentinel or something to do with sentinels in the 70s

Well the information that leaks the setting of past as 1973 said most of film would be set
In that time.Of course that could also be misleading Information consdering the future
scenes are probally vets of trilogy and sentinles.

I'm hoping for like 1 hr 45 minutes in the past, 1 hr set in the future.

maybe that agency has to find extras just for the 70's portion of the movie, to be shotted in Montreal.

while the future scenes could be shooted in another city, and thats the info the first agency doesnt have.

I'm gonna take what Millar said with a grain of salt and just wait and see, because the last time I remember someone saying "fans won't be disappointed" we all ended up with a Cloud.

And Cyclops dead. Granted, I don't think Days of Future Past will be anything like those movies, but I'm going to be realistic about this until we some footage or get a better idea of what's going on.

maybe that agency has to find extras just for the 70's portion of the movie, to be shotted in Montreal.

while the future scenes could be shooted in another city, and thats the info the first agency doesnt have.

but would they really say most the film is set in the 70s? wouldn't they word it differently?

After what Millar just said I guess it's safe to say Kitty will be A time traveler if not THE time traveler.

If Kitty is a time-traveller, how will she do it? She's not going to be sending her consciousness out into the past, that's for sure, so the only thing I can think of is some kind of device or machine. And if she is a timetraveller, what would happen to her by the movie's end? Different movies handled that aspect differently; in Terminator timetraveller dies whereas in Star Trek old!Spock just sticks around in the past.

and another scenario would be the that if Kitty returned to her present, if another timeline was created, there will be another Kitty, since Kitty would have born and grown until that right moment in the present where our Kitty returns.

complex issue, without doubt

I think there will be more than one time traveller. They wouldn't bring back all these cast members and keep them in brief future scenes.

Yes, they are at least going to send 3 to 5 X-Men from the past. This is their opportunity to mix the cast of the OT and cast of FC.

Its not possible to imagine that the future set will only last for 30 minutes. The movie could start and end in the future but the major events that will happen in the movie would probably be set in the past. They are not going back to the past to do a brief mission and comeback to the future whenever they want, their mission set in the past will be the main focus of the movie.

Last edited:
I would assume she/they travel back to the present (to insure they were successful in fixing the timeline) those if the cause of the alter is as far back as 60s-70s, she would have been born into that timeline, and not know anything else but that timeline, so really she would have no idea what she returning too...

I think there will be more than one time traveller. They wouldn't bring back all these cast members and keep them in brief future scenes.

I wouldn't necessarily assume that those future scenes will be brief. If they're bringing in the Sentinels then there is likely to be at least one full-on fight scene between them and the mutants. Unless both Sentinels and the mutants time-travel :cwink:

And other than maybe old Professor X and Magneto meeting their young versions, I can't really see why the meeting between the old and new cast members would be all that compelling. I'd just rather the movie spend time on the relationships that actually have history and weight.

Last edited:
I wouldn't necessarily assume that those future scenes will be brief. If they're bringing in the Sentinels then there is likely to be at least one full-on fight scene between them and the mutants. Unless both Sentinels and the mutants time-travel :cwink:.
That made me think of Nimrod.

i can't see prof X and magneto traveling back in time and meeting ther young selves, it just seems kinda pointless, but it also seems kinda waste to have them 2 in the film for short screen time, as much as it is rogue,kitty,iceman and wolverine

i think everyone shouldn't get hopes up though as wasn't there an interview with mark or singer where they said there was a form of time travel? which could be anything really

i don't think what mark said can be taken as yeah she is the time traveler, his job is to get people excited about the film so yeah he is going to say each character is gonna be awesome in this film and fans won't be disapointed without giving out spoilers

Kitty is my favorite X-Men character...or at least has been my favorite more than any other character. I'm ecstatic she is indeed in the film!

GUYS. Ellen will be directing a film soon so I wonder what this means for her role in this film http://www.deadline.com/2013/02/ellen-page-making-directing-debut-on-miss-stevens-anna-faris-to-star

BREAKING: After making her mark on features from Juno to Inception, Ellen Page will make her directing debut on Miss Stevens, and she’s got Anna Faris attached to play the title role. The film was written by Julia Hart (The Keeping Room) and will be produced by Gilbert Films (The Kids Are All Right) and Anonymous Content (Winter’s Bone). Gary Gilbert and Jordan Horowitz of Gilbert Films will produce with Doug Wald of Anonymous Content, and Nicole Romano and Trevor Adley of Anonymous Content will serve as Executive Producers.

Faris will play a teacher whose life is in disarray when she chaperones a group of high schoolers on a weekend trip to a state drama competition. There, through the admiration and humanity of her students, she rediscovers her own self-worth. Page next stars in The East for Fox Searchlight, a film that premiered at Sundance. She begins production on X-Men: Days of Future Past this spring and then films Freeheld, a Ron Nyswaner-scripted adaptation of the Oscar winning documentary short. She’s also part of the ensemble of Lynn Shelton’s Touchy Feely, which also premiered at Sundance.

I was thinking that out of all the characters from the OT she's the least develop, right along w/Colossus. If they want to follow the events of the comics then the should send her back in the present along w/Colossus. Logan,Storm,Rogue,Iceman had there story told in the OT some better than others, but I think it's time Kitty(Peter) got their's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"