Heroes virtual season?

byrd_man said:
thanks i noticed there aren't to many brother's out there fighting the good fight so i made my own

Don't worry. You're not alone. ;)

Spider-X-Treme said:
NEVAAAH!!! :D

Heh, if you think about it seriously, her power would be more effective on younger impulsive people as opposed to disciplined adults who have learned to control their emotions.

Very true, which makes her deadly around the people of her age....like...me. :eek: :D

MHUAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :gg:

Fear her! You must fear her! :venom:

That is, if she ends up evil of course...;)

The Squirrel said:
My final, permanent one.

Name: Jeremiah Tremaine
Power: Engergy absorbson and expulsion.
Background: His power isn't that noticable at first. But he begins to notice more and more. He has the power to absorb pure enegry. At first it will start out small. Only small amounts from the sun. But by the time his powers fully evolve, he can absorb energy from life itself. Being able to pull it out of humans, animals or plants.

He can put out as much energy as he pulls in. Being able to run his motorcycle without having to put gas in it, or in energy beams that can deal damage to his foes.

Some more information:

Junior in college majoring in Film Studies.
Has been going steady with his girlfriend Jean for two years.
Works as a waiter. (This may change.)

This is moving along alot faster now.... can somebody put a new list together of all the mutants we've got so far. I would say 9 or 10 tops for now.

The first step after that would be to begin writing an epic, or collaborate on an epic story with another writer. I personally will be writing a solo epic around my character. Whether you want to or do not want to work with another writer is up to you, if you do get together with that writer and start planning things out.

Before reading the below, I should reiterate what I said in the beginning, since the series will probably have a different type of story telling format than episodal television that will also be the storytelling format for the VS.

What's the next step?

A long conversation, debate and so forth on the politics of the United States during this time. How does the world respond to mutants? (more than likely fear due to a lack of understanding- most realistic and brings forth great drama). Are there going to be any attacks on the President? And so forth. We need to start debating about this 'stuff' now. It's important create a cohesive whole before launching into your state politics. If you are in a state that no writer is writing about, then you write and create the politics and events for THAT state. If your character is in another part of the world that no other writer is handling, then you write the politics and everything for that part of the world.

How will the episodes be formed?

After every story is completed, chronologically stories will be put together with parts of other stories. This is probably the type of story telling that Heroes will have, Surface also had a similar story telling lay out. In which multiple parts of stories come together to fill one cohesive whole.

If you have any questions on the above, ask away.

What will the format be?

I'd like to aim for the whole thing being script format, so that it all flows together. Since the story telling of the series is taken in different parts (most likely) and the VS will work the same way, it might seem a bit much to have switches from script to prose back to script and so forth. Thus, it would be nice to have it all be in script format so that it flows nicely. If you have difficulty writing in script format- no problem. Once you are done a script writer will be brought on to help you transfer the story into script format- this is how my current virtual season revolving around the hit now CW show 'Supernatural' show is being put together.

Nothing will be lost in the transfer from prose to script. Only technicalities- such as Int. & Ext. (Interior & Exterior 'notifications') will be added. Dialouge will be put into script format and thoughts & or scene description and action will still be used exactly as is.

Once again, if there are any questions ask away.

Note: It will be in script format because that is the format that the actual writers of the show use.

This is a long process, especially now that we need to look at the politics POV. But it's also very important to have each story flow and not be really different than the next. So, it will take a long time to make. But, in the end- I believe the final product will be worth it.

when you mean politics do you mean mutant issues or all issues?

mutant issues.

Is a cure being made? Is a cure being issued?
Is there going to be a need to 'register' mutants?
Is the President neutral? Is the President anti-mutant?
What exactly is the politics of the issues at large? Etc.

Our Assembled Cast of Characters

At this point, I would say there is no more need for additional heroes and villains. The actual series looks to have 8 major characters. We have 9. Which, for now is enough- for combining all of these stories in the end might become tedious and difficult if we add more. Those already with a hero, feel free to come up with supporting characters in your story that have mutant powers.

*= Confirmed VS characters

Heroes

*JOHN ABRAHAM Flight NYC DEAN5339
| Supporting Characters
- Ronnie Jacobs. TBD. Good&Bad
- Will Cane. firekinesis. Bad.

ELLIOT RHODES speed Chicago THRESHOLD

*CHRIS MILLER hydrokinesis Florida CMILL216

*AJ BYRD advanced hand-to-hand combat & laser vision Washington DC BYRD MAN

*DANIEL LEON aging Canada ANIMEJUNE

CATHERINE SIMS Control others emotions TBD SPIDER-X-TREME

BIFFTON "BIFF" MCBAIN TBD Miami BLACKHARDKNIGHT

Good &Bad

*JEREMIAH TREMAINE energy absorbtion & expulsion Dallas, TX SQUIRREL

Villains

*ARAS BASRA generate explosion around body Middle-East GIGGS11UK

RALPH KRAMDEN sleep Sweetwater, Texas ATOMICCHUCK3K

BRUTUS MANN TBD Miami BLACKHARDKNIGHT

Also, if anyone on here knows how to build a website to function as the official page for the VS that might help alot with putting ideas together and the like. Since some of this stuff many writers will probably want to keep quiet until release date.

So. If you know how to build a site. Contact me and we'll set something up. Then later on, we'll find an official 'fan site' that can host it.

I grabbed the below from a poster over at imdb that saw the Pilot.

I saw it the other night. It's pretty good. It shares equal time following a bunch of different characters as they discover/investigate their abilities. Most of the characterizations stay away from the worst cliches and there were a lot of different ethnicities represented, which was refreshing. The tone is less Spiderman or Superman and more Unbreakable (not that there isn't any action thrown in). More dark and methodical than light and fluffy. The acting was pretty all-around good as well.

My only gripes were with some of the infrequently used FX, which looked a little weak.

As far as the music, I don't think there was any sort of opening theme attached to the version I saw, but the recurring in-show theme was a slow, dark orchestral piece that sounded really good.

See a preview for the show!!!

NBC Heroes

Created a new page and sent all writers a PM. If you didn't get the PM, notify me and I'll send you the information.

No spoiler information is to be posted on here. The headquarters has a message board for you to write, debate and so forth and post parts of your story as it continues to develop to retrieve feedback from the other writers of the team.

The virtual season will be released on a date to be decided on at a later date.

cmill216 said:
I'd love to be her friend. ;)

Nice work. Another character I'd like to team up with.
Danny probably wouldn't want to be her friend - the power to manipulate emotions is extremely invasive and powerful. It's a power that non-powered people would fear above all else.

He'd still hit on her, though. :) Not due to any cupid-powers, just because he's like that.

Is there really going to be a political element, though? I got the impression from the descriptions of the show that the "heroes" would be a smallish group of completely random people, like Unbreakable, rather than a worldwide epidemic of mutation like X-Men.

AnimeJune said:
I got the impression from the descriptions of the show that the "heroes" would be a smallish group of completely random people, like Unbreakable, rather than a worldwide epidemic of mutation like X-Men.

I'm not sure, it could be a mix of both.

BTW, love the "Defender of Topher Grace". I highly agree, I think he looks good as Eddie from the pics we've seen.

cmill216 said:
I'm not sure, it could be a mix of both.

BTW, love the "Defender of Topher Grace". I highly agree, I think he looks good as Eddie from the pics we've seen.
Thank you - I got slagged by Symbiotica back at the "Will Venom Suck" threads. It's nice to hear some positive feedback.

And the preview for "Heroes" looks great! But what is script format? Is there a page that could tell us the basics - I'd rather do it myself then have someone else do it for me. No offense intended.

AnimeJune said:
Thank you - I got slagged by Symbiotica back at the "Will Venom Suck" threads. It's nice to hear some positive feedback.

Put her on your ignore list. It'll benefit you. :up:

And the preview for "Heroes" looks great! But what is script format? Is there a page that could tell us the basics - I'd rather do it myself then have someone else do it for me. No offense intended.

Something like this (Triligors actually wrote this a long while back):

EXT. MID TOWN HIGH SCHOOL- SENIOR LOT

The parking lot was circumnavigated by a tall rusting gate, students were currently gathered around a fight going on between Peter and Flash. Flash sends his fist forward and towards Pete, Peter dunks under the arm as though it was nothing. Peter catches Flash’s fist in his hand, and Flash begins to feel pain beyond his beliefs and then all of a sudden he is knocked back.

NORMAN (V.O.)
Far beneath you.

Flash’s body goes flying and against the windshield of a car. Peter looks towards Flash in almost sadistic eyes, his eyes darting back and forth between the witnesses.

INT. OSCORP- BASEMENT- SUPPLY LINE

A balcony looking down into a room which was filled with a supply line making dozens, upon dozens of NEWS HUNTERS. Oscorp employees working on the ground below.

NORMAN (V.O.)
Don’t be afraid, you have no reason to be afraid… not anymore…

Norman and J.J JAMESON can be seen standing on the balcony looking down towards the manufacturing. Norman pats Jameson on his back.

NORMAN
I see this as being the start of a beautiful friendship.

EXT. ROOFTOPS- NIGHT- RAINING

Thunder was rumbling in the background and rain fell from the night sky above, crashing down upon his head… a shadow can be seen kneeling on the edge of the narrow rooftop looking down towards the city below.

NORMAN (V.O.)
You’re free, free to be yourself… it is your time, it is your time for the hunt… live!

A lightning bolt strikes… and for the first time Spider-Man can be seen looking down upon the city… ready to become its protector.

[FADE TO BLACK]

But make sure you write everything in present tense.

cmill216 said:
Put her on your ignore list. It'll benefit you. :up:

Something like this (Triligors actually wrote this a long while back):

But make sure you write everything in present tense.
Fair - so I describe the camera shots and everything? Okay - but do you happen to know what VO means?

Well, not politics per say. But we will need to know what the president feels about what's going on and etc. Is there a mutant scare? Etc. The President is typically involved in everything and a new development such as this is bound to catch the attention of the Government. So, it's not much Presidential speeches and inside the White House as it is just knowing what is going on.

For all writers that are 'novice' writers- if there are any on here- don't be afraid to go through as many drafts as needed. That's another reason why I think the peer help and constructive criticisms will be essential to making a good season. Also, everybody can 'beta-read' another's works (check for grammar, punctuation, spelling, etc.) so that by launch time it's our best work.

For writing a script, I'm sure there are alot of sites out there... but found this one the fastest:

How to write a Script

If the process of writing a script seems too complex. Don't worry. Write it in prose and later someone will help you transfer it over to script format.

AnimeJune said:
Fair - so I describe the camera shots and everything? Okay - but do you happen to know what VO means?

No. No need for camera shots (unless you are a adept screenwriter and want to).

VO = Voice Over.

VO= Voice Over

OC (as far as my knowledge)= Over communication

OS= Off Screen

Int. = Interior Shot

Ext.= Exterior Shot

(beat)= change in mood of dialouge

Triligors said:
Well, not politics per say. But we will need to know what the president feels about what's going on and etc. Is there a mutant scare? Etc. The President is typically involved in everything and a new development such as this is bound to catch the attention of the Government. So, it's not much Presidential speeches and inside the White House as it is just knowing what is going on.
Thanks for the script help.

While I do think politics will become involved eventually - I think the heroes would have be out and doing things for a while before people start to take notice. With X-Men - it's hundreds of people throughout the world who suddenly have powers, and they're all angsty teenagers. With Heroes - it's one or two people a state, so it might not come to public attention until something big happens.

Triligors said:

I really don't want them to be referred to as mutants (unless that's what they are doing on the show). Too X-Men.

Don't need to put camera angles. Forgot if I had any in that passage. If you see my putting in camera angles it's because I look at things more from a director's vision than a writer's.

Also. News on Spider-Man: The Series. Since it came up. Still planning to pitch the series. And I will probably have a contact to Marvel Industries- Avi Arad- since he is an alumni of Hofstra University (where I am going next year). So, things on Spidey's front are looking really good.

I know I'll be delving into the politics of it a tad bit, because one of the supporting characters in my character's world is the mayor of Orlando (not the real mayor, of course, but my fictious mayor). My character and a supporting character will be confronting the mayor often because we are budding young journalists, but the mayor also has....a "secret" himself. ;)

(Read my character's profile on the Official VS Board for that)

cmill216 said:
I know I'll be delving into the politics of it a tad bit, because one of the supporting characters in my character's world is the mayor of Orlando (not the real mayor, of course, but my fictious mayor). My character and a supporting character will be confronting the mayor often because we are budding young journalists, but the mayor also has....a "secret" himself. ;)

(Read my character's profile on the Official VS Board for that)
I have the feeling the only thing being fought over in Canada is whether the heroes should have biligual names....The Avenger/L'Avengeur! *lol*

I tried posting in the new forum i screwed up somehow, but heres my character after i made some changes.

Can someone please post this in the official forum

SPOILER WARNING

Name: Aras Basra
Power: Can generate an explosion around his body that varies in intensity,because of his lack of control.(like the guy in Daredevil:Underboss)
Background: Middle eastern man whose family was kidnapped by terrorist. The terrorist will kill his family if he dosn't assainate certain government officials. The terrorists gave him a list of names and he must exacute each one to get his family back. He is not realy a bad guy, but he cares to much about his family to stop.
Possible meet up situation: He goes to America to assasinate the president and gets stopped by another one of the heroes. He explains the situation with his family and the hero(S)try to help. Aras refuses but the reluctant hero combats the terrorist anyway. Aras family dies. I don't want this to happen till sometime in the middle of the story.

I think it could work if after a terrorist bombing in some big city a hero goes to Washington to stop (either exacution or Registration plan)and meets up with Aras

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"