High School Finals: My First Time Doing Them...

webhead731

I'm a photographer
Reaction score
Okay, yes I'm a Freshman in high school and we have Finals in about 2 weeks. I'm really worried about these. Science and History the most.

Look, our Science and History is taught by the same teacher, who in everyones' opinion, is hard as heck. Even people who have finished high school there say it. And I agree, alot of note taking (about 4 pages front and back a day), alot of quizzes (every day), and tests (every week or so). All of that counts for your grade big time. And it's not easy. A good amount of students in these classes have D's (me too). I have A's and B's in everything else, it's just these two I'm doing bad in. I'm trying hard too. I study and everything and it's just too hard.

So if I fail the Science final, I fail the semester in Science. Same with History. Now that's just not good. So over Christmas break our teacher gives us big 4 pagers (front and back) of review sheets. They're fill in the blank and defining stuff. I try to do them but I just can't remember anything and I'm having trouble finding it in my notes.:confused: On top of that, we also have a History project and Science project to do over the break.

So all of Christmas break almost sucked because I feel sick. I'm so worried. Is this normal to be THIS worried? Getting stomach cramps from worrying? My friends don't seem to be as worried as I am. I don't know why. They seem almost fine but I don't.

Now I'm not complaining, I'm just really confused and scared. Has anyone else had this problem when it's come to Finals?:confused::(

Knuckle down get off the hype and study.

Dont worry about it win or lose its not the end of the world.

Well, you see, our school=Really stupid.

No joke. They can't even fix their problems that they say won't be allowed.:o

And I'm on the Hype now for this thread, and I can't study because I can't figure out those review sheets!:(

I'm getting help from the freakin' teacher tomorrow. Friends too.:(

It's not as big a deal as you 're making it out to be. Just study hard and make sure you know your ****.:up:

Do you live in a small town or something? I ask because I don't understand the idea of a teacher having both History and Science classes.:huh:

Yeah you can say it's a small town.

And if the review sheets didn't need to be filled out with stuff that I can't even find in my notes, and they were already done and filled out, I'd be much better and happier. But I have to fill it in with stuff I'm not even sure is right.

Dude, just relax! High School = four years of bull s--t. Just study, take the tests, and I'm sure you'll be fine.

She said we shouldn't use text books because,

*ahem*

"There's stuff in your notes that you really need to know that isn't in your book."

Freakin' crap. That sucks so hard.:o

Catman said:
Dude, just relax! High School = four years of bull s--t. Just study, take the tests, and I'm sure you'll be fine.

That's the problem. The Finals are over these tests I've failed in the past. And I studied a couple hours for all of those tests, thought I knew it really well, then I take them and fail.:(

I'm trying not to worry but I can't help it. I really don't want to fail this semester over a class that's nearly impossible to pass.

webhead731 said:
She said we shouldn't use text books because,

*ahem*

"There's stuff in your notes that you really need to know that isn't in your book."

Freakin' crap. That sucks so hard.:o

Then compare your notes with stuff in your textbook.

Abaddon said:
Then compare your notes with stuff in your textbook.

:confused:

She said that there was stuff in our notes that's not in the book. "So using the book is a bad idea.":down:(

Mid-terms? Yeah, I've got them too, and mine are in a week. I haven't studied at all yet. Damn the hype for distracting me...:csad:

It's your avatar that's distracting me from studying.:(
Can't stop...watching.:wow:
:p

webhead731 said:
:confused:

She said that there was stuff in our notes that's not in the book. "So using the book is a bad idea.":down:(

don't listen to that *****.

webhead731 said:
It's your avatar that's distracting me from studying.:(
Can't stop...watching.:wow:
:p
Don't worry it never does anything...or does it?....

lol. I'd agree with you that I shouldn't listen to her, Abaddon, but she's right.:o

My point is that you should find out what's in the book and your notes, and study using all that information. Don't disregard the book.

Well, I'll ask her tomorrow if the book is useful but last time she said notes are your best thing to study with.

Meh, don't make a big deal out of it, I had to start taking them back in 6th grade, and most teachers try to make them easier for the students because they don't want them all to fail....unless your teachers are gigantic ******s..but yeah, good luck

The Last Meatbag said:
Meh, don't make a big deal out of it, I had to start taking them back in 6th grade, and most teachers try to make them easier for the students because they don't want them all to fail....unless your teachers are gigantic ******s..but yeah, good luck

Nice.:up:

I don't think she wants us to fail, she just thinks we're friggin' rocket scientists.:o

worry more about your sophomore and junior years.:up:

webhead731 said:
Nice.:up:

I don't think she wants us to fail, she just thinks we're friggin' rocket scientists.:o

Are you taking Chemisty, Biology, or just general science class...because I'm just telling you, if its regular science class..be happy for it, because chemisty is a *****...Biology's not too bad though

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"