The Dark Knight Rises HONEST Answers Only... Did You Cry? (SPOILERS)

I did not cry. I laughed at everything in the final act. The ending was artificial and tacked-on. I cringed at Talia's reveal. I cringed at Talia's death. I laughed when Bane died. I said curse words when I saw the Explosion and the Batman statue. I cringed when I found out that Bruce Wayne was still alive.

The movie turned into a mess about halfway, and I lost faith in the second half. To me, Nolan's batman ended in TDK. The High point in TDKR was when Bane beat the crap out of Batman, and imprisoned him. My emotional investment soared. Subsequent events removed it all.

I did not cry. I laughed at everything in the final act. The ending was artificial and tacked-on. I cringed at Talia's reveal. I cringed at Talia's death. I laughed when Bane died. I said curse words when I saw the Explosion and the Batman statue. I cringed when I found out that Bruce Wayne was still alive.

The movie turned into a mess about halfway, and I lost faith in the second half. To me, Nolan's batman ended in TDK. The High point in TDKR was when Bane beat the crap out of Batman, and imprisoned him. My emotional investment soared. Subsequent events removed it all.

If you let one part of a movie ruin it for you, I can't imagine how many movies you must hate

I didn't even cry when Michael Caine Cried. These 'emotional' scenes w/ Caine were just too abrupt, and put in too early. They were incoherent, too. The buildup didn't work. I only saw acting here.

I did feel more emotional when Wayne Manor explodes in Begins though. There was indeed a buildup here w/Caine, and the explosion occurs in the second half of the film.

If you let one part of a movie ruin it for you, I can't imagine how many movies you must hate

Not one part: More than Half. The movie stopped working for me after 1:20 or so. Personal opinion.

And I'm a big fan of BB and TDK. I have watched them several times.

That's too bad. I personally loved the second half, the ending is actually one of my fav endings of all time and of the trilogy. Tacked on? Not even close. Very emotional ending in my opinion, and for my friends and for a lot of ppl here i guess.

That's too bad. I personally loved the second half, the ending is actually one of my fav endings of all time and of the trilogy. Tacked on? Not even close. Very emotional ending in my opinion, and for my friends and for a lot of ppl here i guess.

Most emotional for me in the Trilogy:

1. Harvey Dent in the End of TDK, a totally ruined, wreak of man. Batman takes the fall. Gordon names him 'The Dark Knight'
2. Death of Rachel in TDK, Rachel's Letter, Harvey wakes up in horror.

3. Wayne Manor Explodes in BB, Bruce wails that he has failed, Caine comforts him.

There was a 2 minute bit w/ the hallucination of Raz Al. Gul in TDKR that could have been good- Bruce sees Raz basically tell him that his entire Life and struggle as Batman was forfeit, all while hanging on a rope in great pain.

Too bad they cut it short- I would have liked to hear more of what Bruce thinks Raz would think!

No tears, but an absolute lump in my throat from the moment the bomb detonated until Fox learned Bruce had fixed the autopilot.

Most emotional for me in the Trilogy:

1. Harvey Dent in the End of TDK, a totally ruined, wreak of man. Batman takes the fall. Gordon names him 'The Dark Knight'
2. Death of Rachel in TDK, Rachel's Letter, Harvey wakes up in horror.

3. Wayne Manor Explodes in BB, Bruce wails that he has failed, Caine comforts him.

There was a 2 minute bit w/ the hallucination of Raz Al. Gul in TDKR that could have been good- Bruce sees Raz basically tell him that his entire Life and struggle as Batman was forfeit, all while hanging on a rope in great pain.

Too bad they cut it short- I would have liked to hear more of what Bruce thinks Raz would think!
You seem to only think depressing events make for good endings.

I didn't tear up the first time I saw the movie, but curiously I developed a lump in my throat the second time I saw it. Maybe because it was easier to sit back and absorb the story when I knew what was going to happen.

Honestly it could've gone either way. The way Talia said that Bane "loved [her]"; then she says "Goodbye, my friend." And then clearly disobeying her by attempting to kill Bats. Personally I'd call that a pretty nasty friendzoning :hehe: but that's how I interpreted it.

Bane protected her when she was a little girl. If he did that because he had the hots for her, then he's clearly a pedophile.

I didn't tear up the first time I saw the movie, but curiously I developed a lump in my throat the second time I saw it. Maybe because it was easier to sit back and absorb the story when I knew what was going to happen.
Indeed. I had this experience second time around - second time has been my best experience with the film so far. I got emotional during the scene of Batman towing out the bomb most of all, thinking if Batman was to die it would be something like this, saving everyone. Third time around seeing the movie, I'll admit I had seen it enough times and wanted a break from it. I found myself leaning closer to my feelings after seeing it the first time.

Me too. I saw twice until now and just got emotional on the second one. And even knowing what gonna happening next, I was tense in some parts. For example, when Blake returns to the hospital to rescue Gordon, I already knew what happened next, but I was mentally screaming: "Oh my God, they gonna kill Gordon!". This is totally Nolan's merit, because the tension was so well done.

I cried when the nuke went off and I thought Batman died.

the second time I cried when Talia brought R'as Al Ghul back to the pit. Me and y g/f had a miscarriage a year ago. I thought of what I'd do to someone who did that to my kid. it got me misty.

I've gotten teary eyed and getting a lump in my throat on each viewing of the film so far. It's emotional power is what conquers it's flaws for me.

YES !!! I cried !!

From the moment when he made that look inside the cockpit of the Bat and the bomb went off till 30 minutes after the film ended and i was walking home, there i stopped because i did not want my parents to see me crying :p

4 times in theaters (couldnt afford a fifth) and i cried in all 4. i was actually crying and smiling when Alfred saw Bruce at the cafe ! i was screaming Thank You Chris Nolan inside, it was such an awesome ending !!!

I cried at the end.... this movie could have been so much better and it nearly ruined one of the best film sagas in decades. They.... they ruined it. Fantastic origin film, possibly the best sequel of all time, then this disappointment.

Ok, seriously, didn't cry at all but there were emotional moments. Alfred's first speech at the beginning, his speech about Rachel choosing Harvey, his moments at the graves at the end, Wayne Manor as the boys home, Alfred seeing Bruce at the end, Bane saving Talia. Tear-worthy? No. Emotional, yes. Shoot, even seeing John Blake in the batcave and how his mannerisms were nearly identical to Bruce's was enlightening and deep.

Alfred's first speech about needing to know that Bruce had "made it" in life was definitely an emotional moment. It was one of those beautiful moments that this trilogy has done so well where it hits a nerve.

I guess that's why I love all 3 films so much, great films yes, but they have also so often hit home for me on a personal level.

There was nothing that remotely would have made me come close to crying. The scene with Gordon and Bats reveal was touching, but not really sad. Probably Alfred's scene would have been sad had he not been out of the picture for most of the movie.

Seeing Bruce's tombstone next to his parents' and then Alfred's lines to Thomas' grave...very rough. I didn't cry, but I definitely fought the urge to.

The ending overall makes me kind of misty, cause it's so damn bittersweet. Even Blake's part of the ending is very emotional for me...seeing him following in Bruce's footsteps in the cave really brings home what a journey it's been, and it reaffirms the idea of Batman being infinite, even if Bruce Wayne as Batman isn't. The legend ends, The Dark Knight rises.

There was several great emotional scenes, but not one of them brought me close to tears. No scene in the trilogy did.

A few tears, when Batman spoke to Gordon before taking off with The Bat. And during the end scene.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"