Days of Future Past How should they handle Wolverine in this movie? (if he had to be in it..)

You know what they should do, have aged wolverine help the x-men escape to the future but Old Wolverine doesnt go, he kind of gets kidnapped by sentinals or is stuck fighting Apocalpyse or something along those lines.

Then they find the younger Wolverine who during 1972 was prepairing to go to war in vietnam (if you take into factor the X-Men Origins: Wolverine film) They enlist him to join in from the past.

Wolverine has no memory of his past circa 1981 in this timeline. So whould make sense

@BryanSinger 12m Fitting @RealHughJackman pic.twitter.com/LwhpJ6lSCj

BJIZJA1CQAATqDX.jpg

I just wanna say that I hope thats not his X-Men costume. Wolverine would look out of place if all of the X-Men are wearing black/white costume and he's wearing that brown leather. But thats probably not going to happen. I hope so !

I wonder what references if there are any, there will be to The Wolverine flick? I imagine there should be something. This likely won't take place the next day after The Wolverine because his hair is longer.

That's what I'm hoping for. OR some kind of build up/hint toward the Sentinels within the movie itself. Like that Japanese company that "can do anything". They sure have a huge facility. I wonder if they can build giant robots...

I hope they treat Wolvie right in this movie. I want a scary, loner, bad ass, anti-authority, intense, no non-sense Logan and not the cute, noble, and cuddly Logan of the past movies. Pussyfying Logan is a crime.

his jacket is of the 70s, He will appear in the past. in the future will be old because he lost his healing factor and see old Logan

It's difficult to tell from this angle....it does look very luscious and thick so could be a wig?! Need to see his hair line from the front.

Jackman has good hair thou....

That's what I'm hoping for. OR some kind of build up/hint toward the Sentinels within the movie itself. Like that Japanese company that "can do anything". They sure have a huge facility. I wonder if they can build giant robots...
I'v seen a lot of anime. The answer is yes

his jacket is of the 70s, He will appear in the past. in the future will be old because he lost his healing factor and see old Logan

I disagree...

Wish I could post a picture (maybe someone else could?)...

If you look at the cover of the Days of Future Past comic you see Wolverine shielding Kate Pride in a spotlight in front of a bunch of pictures of mutants. Each picture has a label, such as "Slain" or "Apprehended". And only Wolverine's picture has no label, implying that he has yet to be captured.

Anyway, if you look at what he is wearing in that comic book cover you will see a brown leather jacket.

Which is exactly what he is wearing in this picture!

His hair seems a bit longer, similar to the comic book cover. The comic does have some gray hair on the sides and front, but in this picture we really can't see if Wolvie has those streaks.

But the point is that this is obviously not the 1973 Wolverine but the future, Sentinal controlled dystopian future Wolverine!

In fact, now that I think about it, the reason that this picture is taken from behind is probably to hide the gray streaks!

In fact, now that I think about it, the reason that this picture is taken from behind is probably to hide the gray streaks!

i doubt it set that long after the wolverine so why would he suddenly age very quickly

it would be weird that storm looks young still and wolverine is going grey now, unless having his healing powers taken away in the wolverine is gonna have his ageing catch up to him, but we seen nothing to hint at that

i'd take it as a pinch of salt right now though, we didn't see Xaviers face either in one of the pictures

Last edited:
i doubt it set that long after the wolverine so why would he suddenly age very quickly

it would be weird that storm looks young still and wolverine is going grey now, unless having his healing powers taken away in the wolverine is gonna have his ageing catch up to him, but we seen nothing to hint at that

i'd take it as a pinch of salt right now though, we didn't see Xaviers face either in one of the pictures

In all depends on how the story is done. For example, if it is per the comic, meaning that the Sentinals take over, over time, in the normal timeline, then yes, I agree with you that it is unlikely to be too much after X3, maybe even present time.

But the other way the story could play out is for us to start the movie in the normal timeline, again not too long after X3. Ororo, Kitty, Bobby, Piotr, Rogue and Logan would all be there. Something gets changed in the past, by either someone contacting the past or going to the past (I.E. Fitzroy or Nimrod per the cartoon storyline). When the past gets changed the future (or present) changes around everyone. Some who were just alive are now "slain". Now you could have an aged Wolverine as a loner yet to be caught, again similar to the comic book story. Some who were never part of the story now exist (Bishop and Blink). What the year is doesn't need to be disclosed, just that we are now in a new reality and things are different. Again, all very similar to the comic, but with some of the cartoon aspects.

This, of course, would lead to some having to go back in time (using Blink's powers) to right the past and fix the present (or future).

But whether Wolverine has some gray hair, per the comic book, is really a minor thing. The main point is that the leather jacket Hugh is wearing appears to be similar to what Wolverine is wearing on the comic book cover, meaning that it is from the Dystopian future and not from the 1973 past!

Hugh answering twitter question starts NOW!

its probably his management or Fox team who choose the questions.

Almost all were about The Wolverine, so there u have it

You know instead of hosting online chats. They should now start heavily promoting The Wolverine.

They should make sure he didn't dominate the show (which he tended to do in X3) and that he was true to character. I wouldn't want to see other characters reduced to non-entities because Wolverine hogged the limelight all the time.

This sums up want I want for Wolverine in this movie. Also his dead would be pretty iconic as well, but that is probably not going to happen.

Hugh Jackman is wolverine and is the most popular character to the GA. Their not gonna kill him off. Although I do agree it would be an extremely bold move and very memorable moment for the x-series. But after this movie I hope they stick with one timeline. I'm not a fan of time travel to undo things and bring characters back too life. Only cause this is such a big story in the x-verse am I willing too accept it.

Hugh Jackman is wolverine and is the most popular character to the GA. Their not gonna kill him off. Although I do agree it would be an extremely bold move and very memorable moment for the x-series. But after this movie I hope they stick with one timeline. I'm not a fan of time travel to undo things and bring characters back too life. Only cause this is such a big story in the x-verse am I willing too accept it.

They could easily kill him off in the future timeline, and give him the iconic sentinel death, without really killing him off, since I'm assuming they will save whoever the brotherhood is trying to assassinate.

They could easily kill him off in the future timeline, and give him the iconic sentinel death, without really killing him off, since I'm assuming they will save whoever the brotherhood is trying to assassinate.

That's what I'm saying though. Death is cheapend when you can just time travel and bring a character back. I hope this is the only time we have time travel. I'm really not a fan of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"