how would you revamp the X-men

As long as he stays at his classic power level, I don't care. It's like Whedon's resurrection of Colossus; it really wasn't that great, but everyone loved it because Colossus was back, so who cares how he came back?

No more than everyone else, as far as I know. If you're referring to the fact that a Skrull appeared in New Avengers: Illuminati with Colossus' power, that Skrull had several X-Men's powers, so I don't think it was meant to be a Skrull impersonating Colossus. I think Bendis or someone at Marvel even clarified that it was indeed just an X-version of the Super-Skrull, basically.

That's what I was thinking as well. I think I may have read something somewhere that placed the spotlight on Colossus.

Bendis said people who've recently been resurrected are prime suspects for Skrulls, but I still don't suspect Colossus. Like I said, everyone's happy he's back. Revealing he's a Skrull would just serve to annoy people for no reason.

Marvel loves to do that, though. Probably because it always makes them money.

Especially those of us who were happy to finally see Kitty & Pete bump uglies.

No, it didn't. It didn't sell as much by the end of it as it did when it started, but it was still selling more then the books had before it started. Plus the trade collection still sells pretty well, and it's been over a decade since the Clone Saga was originally told.

So why the current need on Marvel's part to deny anything from it ever happened? There are several dangling plot threads left over from the Clone Saga that are likely never going to be addressed because Marvel won't currently touch Clone Sage-related stuff with a ten-foot pole (except Spider-Girl). It's also still considered one of the biggest blunders ever, even by people at Marvel. In my experience, that kind of internal enmity towards a story doesn't happen unless it cost the company money.

So why the current need on Marvel's part to deny anything from it ever happened? There are several dangling plot threads left over from the Clone Saga that are likely never going to be addressed because Marvel won't currently touch Clone Sage-related stuff with a ten-foot pole (except Spider-Girl). It's also still considered one of the biggest blunders ever, even by people at Marvel. In my experience, that kind of internal enmity towards a story doesn't happen unless it cost the company money.

DC makes money by the boatload with each Crisis they do, and many regard those stories (and their follow ups) as blunders, but they've made it known they're going to keep doing them.

Being a critical success and being a financial one are two very different things. Just look at Hollywood or the music industry.

I know that, but usually the people within the company will still grin and treat the story as if it's one of their very best if it's made them money. Even the people at Marvel now seem to consider the Clone Saga a ****-up. Spidey's comics dropped pretty far down the charts after the Clone Saga and Mackie's terrible run, hence the injection of new talent like JMS and Jenkins to reinvigorate the franchise.

I know that, but usually the people within the company will still grin and treat the story as if it's one of their very best if it's made them money. Even the people at Marvel now seem to consider the Clone Saga a ****-up. Spidey's comics dropped pretty far down the charts after the Clone Saga and Mackie's terrible run, hence the injection of new talent like JMS and Jenkins to reinvigorate the franchise.

Yeah, the sales dropped after the end of the Clone Saga. I was referring to the sales during the story itself. And Marvel seems by and large to have a greater sense of humor about themselves then DC has about DC. Sure, it was a financial success, but it was overwhelmingly considered to be a critical nightmare. They understand that.

From what I've been able to gather, it's the intentions behind his actions that Cyttorak seems to be concerned with. As long as Marko's not playing the good guy, he'll remain powerful. I think.

Yeah, that's pretty stupid.

huh
well i supose its a good thing that he is predisposed to acts of violence.
Personally I would just start a conservative talk show, or run for president, but perhaps he is not that evil.:oldrazz:

so, I missed like over a year of comics, so I don't really know anything of this Iceman/Cannonball friendship. Is it really as awesome as I'm reading here? I like both characters, especially Iceman, so this has me happy.

Well, maybe it's more of an exaggeration. Individually, throughout Carey's run they have both been written quite well. Better than well. And over the last few issues, their ordeal with the Marauders has really stood out. Not really a buddy relationship yet, but they'd be fools not to keep it going. They've got good chemistry, and a lot in common.

Well, maybe it's more of an exaggeration. Individually, throughout Carey's run they have both been written quite well. Better than well. And over the last few issues, their ordeal with the Marauders has really stood out. Not really a buddy relationship yet, but they'd be fools not to keep it going. They've got good chemistry, and a lot in common.
I remember Carey going on about plans to touch on that stuff, way back when he was first announced as Milligan's replacement.

The man delivers.

I don't know how I would Revamp it,
but I liked it when Xavier was more wholesome, a father figure
and the the others looked up to him and treated each other like family.

I may actually be imagining an X-Men that I never really read but sort of put together based on things a heard about them and things I read or saw here and there.

I guess I would try to get them back to being the more innocent, more strange concept, sort of thing.
Where they are hated by the world who doesn't really know who or what a "mutant" is but assumes they are bad. And make being a Mutant more of a Twilight Zone/ Outer Limits bizzare concept in their universe.
I think their story worked better when things were simpler and not so grand. [BLACKOUT]Well thats not 100% true. The Pheonix saga was a good time for them, and they had big epic stuff like space travel.[/BLACKOUT]

I don't know how I would do that though.

Maybe it has something to do with "Mutants" being so widely known in their universe. Everyone has known what "Mutants" are for some time now. maybe do something with that to make them seem more Out of the Ordinary.
I think thats the problem.
They have been around too long, they need to get back to being new and fresh and Eerie and Bizzare.

I may actually be imagining an X-Men that I never really read but sort of put together based on things a heard about them and things I read or saw here and there.

I guess I would try to get them back to being the more innocent, more strange concept, sort of thing.
Where they are hated by the world who doesn't really know who or what a "mutant" is but assumes they are bad. And make being a Mutant more of a Twilight Zone/ Outer Limits bizzare concept in their universe.
I think their story worked better when things were simpler and not so grand. [BLACKOUT]Well thats not 100% true. The Pheonix saga was a good time for them, and they had big epic stuff like space travel.[/BLACKOUT]

Maybe it has something to do with "Mutants" being so widely known in their universe. Everyone has known what "Mutants" are for some time now. maybe do something with that to make them seem more Out of the Ordinary.
They have been around too long, they need to get back to being new and fresh and Eerie and Bizzare.
the mu citzens have been jaded because they now realize tha ALL super powers are a mutation of one sort or anther

problem is that can no longer happen ... because A) you'd have to completely revamp the marvel universe... and B) back in the 60's where they were strange... to even the reader, today in this day in age its not strange or new at all

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"