Superman Returns I got the DVD!

this dvd suck even more now. i was really happy to see that machine in hte blogs. i really wanted to see how they filmed brandon on this. well WB sucks.

i just found out that i can not buy the two disck dvd or rent it. they only have the one disc edition.
so no documentary for me. the only thing that i will watch now are the screencaps on brandonrouthweb.com

i am soooooooooo sad.

The documentary is mainly of the cast and crew partying. At least you can watch the movie, that's the most expensive part.

I watched it for the first time since the cinema last night and it's a conflicting movie
Removed from the first time experience on the big screen with the surround sound it loses some of it's impact and the flaws become more glaring than ever
It's a movie about the little moments for me,sure the story is poor,there are plot holes you can drive a mack truck through and some of the characterization is woeful but the film looks stunning if a little dull and the little magic moments are peppered throughout to make it an enjoyable film to watch

I havent been able to stop watching it since i got it on DVD, i think it really is an awesome movie that gets better over time.

I have a question:

Is the version released on DVD the exact same version as released in the cinema? Have there been any adjustments made anywhere or is it identical?

Finally got the special edition with the fold out cover from Best Buy. The making of stuff is really good, it's a shame there's not more on effects, editing and music but the on the ground while they are shooting stuff is pretty good. Spacey - so are we going to talk about it all day are we going to shoot the ******* thing! The deleted scenes are really good, I would of included Clark reading all the newspapers with his x ray vision, I mean channel surfing? I can do that! I also would have left in are you two dating?

I'd like to watch this with the score only, to me every note of music is perfect, but disk one is pretty bare bones. I can't really compare color on the DVD to the cinema, I saw this at the cinema once, 6/28 in 3D Imax and was drunk out of my mind so any insight I could provide on color spectrums would be highly inaccurate. Maybe if I hated the movie I might of paid to see it 11 times, but I really liked it, dammit.

I noticed on the cover of the production design bible and the clapper boards for the film, they called the movie Red Son. I thought that was so ******* cool. I mean there are a billion rerefences they could of made to Superman and while they are shooting the movie they called it Red Son! **** yeah! I thought the shot of Kal-el in the silver suit walking on a piece of Krypton, or whatever it was looked awesome. I thought Perry White shaking Supe's hand so Jimmy can take their picture together was hilarious, they should have kept that in.

The shot of Daugherty or Harris reading The Making of Superman on the plane to Australia was awesome. I liked how Brandon's whole family saw him off at the airport and said all those nice things to the camera. It is so refreshing to see hearltand decency that's real, not scripted and being used to sell trucks.

No commentary from Singer, or anybody else, maybe on the extended DVD, whenever it gets here, Summer? 2008? 2009? I think TODAY would be good, but that's just me.

The cheat code for free roam Bizzaro in the SR game, first complete meteor madness and warworld, save and restart, at the main menu on the d pad its rapidly - up right down right up left down right up

If you watch after the credits of the last making of chapter there is a really cool bit of Brando footage that runs something like - to the virtuous spirit, there is no need for thanks or approval. All that is needed is the conviction that what has been done is right. Develop this conviction within yourself Kel-Al, or Kal-El, or Ralph, or whatever your name is. Then you can hear Donner cracking up.

This movie should of had a super villain that was in the first half of the movie.With Superman gone,this villain could of been a dictator making the planet hell on earth for everyone all those years.

It would of gave us a new villain,plus lots more & better action.Lex was awesome in the last half of the movie,but the first half of the movie felt like it was missing something,and this is where this new super villain could of been perfect for.
Not for the theme Singer was going for. If there were a new villain, (Darkseid, Zod or Mongul) dictating Earth, there would be a very real and large need for a Superman. The point of this story was to show a world that has moved on, and that thought that they did not need a Superman. This would be so that when he sacrificed himself, winning back their approval the "fall back to Earth" scene would be even more powerful. It was.

-R

Not for the theme Singer was going for. If there were a new villain, (Darkseid, Zod or Mongul) dictating Earth, there would be a very real and large need for a Superman. The point of this story was to show a world that has moved on, and that thought that they did not need a Superman. This would be so that when he sacrificed himself, winning back their approval the "fall back to Earth" scene would be even more powerful. It was.

-R
damn. why did you wrotte this? i tihnk this is the first time that i hope that hte haters would jump on someone and start to kick hes ass.

Finally got the special edition with the fold out cover from Best Buy. The making of stuff is really good, it's a shame there's not more on effects, editing and music but the on the ground while they are shooting stuff is pretty good. Spacey - so are we going to talk about it all day are we going to shoot the ******* thing! The deleted scenes are really good, I would of included Clark reading all the newspapers with his x ray vision, I mean channel surfing? I can do that! I also would have left in are you two dating?

I'd like to watch this with the score only, to me every note of music is perfect, but disk one is pretty bare bones. I can't really compare color on the DVD to the cinema, I saw this at the cinema once, 6/28 in 3D Imax and was drunk out of my mind so any insight I could provide on color spectrums would be highly inaccurate. Maybe if I hated the movie I might of paid to see it 11 times, but I really liked it, dammit.

I noticed on the cover of the production design bible and the clapper boards for the film, they called the movie Red Son. I thought that was so ******* cool. I mean there are a billion rerefences they could of made to Superman and while they are shooting the movie they called it Red Son! **** yeah! I thought the shot of Kal-el in the silver suit walking on a piece of Krypton, or whatever it was looked awesome. I thought Perry White shaking Supe's hand so Jimmy can take their picture together was hilarious, they should have kept that in.

The shot of Daugherty or Harris reading The Making of Superman on the plane to Australia was awesome. I liked how Brandon's whole family saw him off at the airport and said all those nice things to the camera. It is so refreshing to see hearltand decency that's real, not scripted and being used to sell trucks.

No commentary from Singer, or anybody else, maybe on the extended DVD, whenever it gets here, Summer? 2008? 2009? I think TODAY would be good, but that's just me.

The cheat code for free roam Bizzaro in the SR game, first complete meteor madness and warworld, save and restart, at the main menu on the d pad its rapidly - up right down right up left down right up

If you watch after the credits of the last making of chapter there is a really cool bit of Brando footage that runs something like - to the virtuous spirit, there is no need for thanks or approval. All that is needed is the conviction that what has been done is right. Develop this conviction within yourself Kel-Al, or Kal-El, or Ralph, or whatever your name is. Then you can hear Donner cracking up.
Singer made it clear that there won't be a extended version or a Director's Cut because he believes that the movie he edited is the director's cut.

I'm now considering to sell my DVD
kakarot please dont make me now angry. you wrotte that you had to watch this movie 11 times to understand that oyu dont like it. now you want to sell your dvd ? :cmad:

there's no reason for me to keep it... it's boring, and now the only purpose it serves for me now is to help me get to sleep at night.

kakarot you are overreacting. if after 6 months you think like that than how will you think after 2 years? will you than tell me that this is the worst movie that you saw in your life?

Some good insights Armand and i agree with most of them. I have watched EVERYTHING on the DVD now and think its a nice little package, but i also hope a special edition comes out with more extra's and some more deleted scene's we know about.

BUT, the movie is awesome, and i simply cant stop watching it!!!!!

Some good insights Armand and i agree with most of them. I have watched EVERYTHING on the DVD now and think its a nice little package, but i also hope a special edition comes out with more extra's and some more deleted scene's we know about.

BUT, the movie is awesome, and i simply cant stop watching it!!!!!

Me too! I can't stop watching the thing. I recently saw Fearless with Jet Li, very nice, the whole mind body and spirit matrix thing I'm into. I saw Crank, you'd love it; demented Englishman tears up Los Angeles. I watched the new epsiodes of 24 last night, thought it was great, as soon as Kal Penn came on I was like there is no escape! I just keep going back and watching SR, that's probably why I haven't posted in Final Thoughts, I haven't finished yet!

Me too! I can't stop watching the thing. I recently saw Fearless with Jet Li, very nice, the whole mind body and spirit matrix thing I'm into. I saw Crank, you'd love it; demented Englishman tears up Los Angeles. I watched the new epsiodes of 24 last night, thought it was great, as soon as Kal Penn came on I was like there is no escape! I just keep going back and watching SR, that's probably why I haven't posted in Final Thoughts, I haven't finished yet!

Well since buying it on Dec 4th i can honestly say i must have watched it 25 times, it was the same with BB when i first bought that, i couldnt stop watching it and never got bored doing so, now SR is the same!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"