Superman Returns I got the DVD!

Worse than Superman 4? :wow:
that's a tough call...

... I'd say yes, but only because SR was a dark, serious Superman movie and SIV was a bright, campy Superman movie.

I would gladly watch a bright, campy Superman movie more than a dark, serious Superman movie... I don't like to feel depressed when I see or watch Superman.

Yikes...Superman IV was horrendous in my opinon, the only thing that makes it watchable is Reeve. The storyline was actually a good idea but it was not well executed. If they actually used a villian from the gallery than it would have amped it up.

I don't like the campiness in comic book movies, although Spiderman made it work nicely.

i asked the same question on BT.net
there is a lot of greenscreen footage on the dvd.plus some wire work on the DP rooftop. can someone rip those videos and post them on the net? i want to use them to make some flying scenes with adobe after effects.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56rr5_uWLsI

i would do it myself. but i would have to drive 2-3 hours to get the 2disck dvd. we only have the 1 disc edition.

thank you.

IMO SR is not worse than Superman:The Movie. It is a beautiful movie but it is a bit slow for the 2006 standard. The main problem of SR is that it has the same structure of the Donner's movie, without being an origin movie.

IMO SR is not worse than Superman:The Movie. It is a beautiful movie but it is a bit slow for the 2006 standard. The main problem of SR is that it has the same structure of the Donner's movie, without being an origin movie.

I never really 'got into' the Donner movies because i always found them to corny. But i like SR because it is STM without all of the corny bits, plus there is more emotion in SR IMO.

Yikes...Superman IV was horrendous in my opinon, the only thing that makes it watchable is Reeve. The storyline was actually a good idea but it was not well executed. If they actually used a villian from the gallery than it would have amped it up.

In watching the outtakes from SIV, it occurred to me that Lex should really have been making Bizarro, not that stupid Nuclear Man. I think that would have added a much better 2nd villain to the piece. Still, I find based on the Nuclear disarmamnet storyline and Reeves performance, I like SIV better than both SIII and SR.

A bit late... but I just saw this thread

SUPERMAN_EXCLUSIVE.jpg

- The costume designer actually acknowledges she was bound to get some backlash for the changes in the costume, but she rightfully points out Superman still stands out as the brightest-looking character in the movie.

That is one of the most idiotic things I have ever read. What are you ******ed or something? Superman could have been wearing a bright orange jumpsuit, and he would have stood out as the brightest looking character in the movie.

I was in my local Wal-Mart and I saw hundreds of copies of Superman Returns for $8 or $9 bucks. Does anyone know why all of a sudden they would have hundreds of copies, other than the fact that they didn't sell very well when they were released originally.

It just seemed odd to see hundreds and hundreds of copies sitting near the $2.99 bin. Which is where SR should be.

I was in my local Wal-Mart and I saw hundreds of copies of Superman Returns for $8 or $9 bucks. Does anyone know why all of a sudden they would have hundreds of copies, other than the fact that they didn't sell very well when they were released originally.

It just seemed odd to see hundreds and hundreds of copies sitting near the $2.99 bin. Which is where SR should be.

The DVD did actually sell well when first released, it just didnt break any records or something.

And the reason for the hundred is probably that WB made lots of copies.

Yeah.. they overstocked that DVD (same goes with Talladega Nights)

crossing fingers that the DVD will end up SUPERSALE at the upcoming Black Friday Event

The DVD did actually sell well when first released, it just didnt break any records or something.

And the reason for the hundred is probably that WB made lots of copies.

What I really meant was, why now? It looked like a new display with more copies of one film than I've ever seen before for a non new release.

Could these have been sitting in the back for a year and suddenly they decided to move them?

That funny, but I seen BB was the same way a year after it was out. Hell, the 2 disc special edition were still at the store recently after 2 yrs. Any movies no matter how good or bad it is will be on sale the same way. Beside, it been a year & you act like it just came out today with making big deal about how you hate SR by bringing about how Wal-Mart put it on sale mean something. Riiiight. :whatever:

That funny, but I seen BB was the same way a year after it was out. Hell, the 2 disc special edition were still at the store recently after 2 yrs. Any movies no matter how good or bad it is will be on sale the same way. Beside, it been a year & you act like it just came out today with making big deal about how you hate SR by bringing about how Wal-Mart put it on sale mean something. Riiiight. :whatever:

Hating the film has nothing to do with the fact that I've never seen that many copies of a film that wasn't a new release. It's not like they have been there since the DVD release. The display is new. I made a point of mentioning just how many copies and what appeared to be a new display.

I simply thought someone might know why all of a sudden there was a seemingly new display with hundreds of copies for a rock bottom price. My jab at the film was merely a bonus. :cwink:

I finally got HDMI on my Playstation 3 and FINALLY PLAYED SUPERMAN RETURNS ON BLUE RAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????

It wasn't great......why? There were moments where you see grain, the colors were off on some places. Is it my TV, or is it movie picture quality?

I finally got HDMI on my Playstation 3 and FINALLY PLAYED SUPERMAN RETURNS ON BLUE RAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????

It wasn't great......why? There were moments where you see grain, the colors were off on some places. Is it my TV, or is it movie picture quality?
any clarification on this? Because i was expecting GREAT HD from the Superman Returns, but i didn't get it. Is it like that?

come on people, answer me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

back when it first came out on DVD and HD, there was a review talking about the quality of the transfers, and in their review, they mention how lacking the transfer was...

so yeah, it is like that.

Hating the film has nothing to do with the fact that I've never seen that many copies of a film that wasn't a new release. It's not like they have been there since the DVD release. The display is new. I made a point of mentioning just how many copies and what appeared to be a new display.

I simply thought someone might know why all of a sudden there was a seemingly new display with hundreds of copies for a rock bottom price. My jab at the film was merely a bonus. :cwink:

And once again,

How many hundreds were there?

What I really meant was, why now? It looked like a new display with more copies of one film than I've ever seen before for a non new release.

Could these have been sitting in the back for a year and suddenly they decided to move them?

WB probably made hundreds of thousands of copies, or they did some re-prints, it happens.

back when it first came out on DVD and HD, there was a review talking about the quality of the transfers, and in their review, they mention how lacking the transfer was...

so yeah, it is like that.
any idea what review?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"