• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Superman Returns I got the DVD!

J.Howlett said:
Wish I could but I don't have the equipment to post screencaps.

Look, I'm not trying to scare anyone. The films does look pretty great on DVD. It's just not what I was expecting. The film's look is definitely unique.
thanks anyway.

Let's put it that way: only the Anal Retentive Snubs from the Home Theater Forum will care to look for every damn wrong pixel on this movie.

SR looks great on DVD. Period.

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
I love SR, but to me X3 is definately down there with Elektra and B&R. Its not quite as bad as those, but its not much better.
They took the themes of the X-Men much more seriously than it was done with either Batman in B&R or Elektra. Most changes to Dark Phoenix Saga, for instance, made sense in the way of keeping the grounded tone consistent. I´m not a big Cyclops fan, so the way the character was used didn´t bother me that much. Rogue, Magneto and Mystique being cured, well, the cure seems to be reversable.

I just got the DVD a couple days ago. The theatre-to-DVD picture transfer is awesome. I still love it everytime I watch Superman using the sun to recharge himself.

i asked in virgin in the UK a couple of days ago 4th December - FUMING

ultimatefan said:
They took the themes of the X-Men much more seriously than it was done with either Batman in B&R or Elektra. Most changes to Dark Phoenix Saga, for instance, made sense in the way of keeping the grounded tone consistent.

I don't want to get things too off topic by talking about X3 too much in here but I agree with ya!:up:

WorthyStevens4 said:
I just got the DVD a couple days ago. The theatre-to-DVD picture transfer is awesome. I still love it everytime I watch Superman using the sun to recharge himself.

Good to hear! Looking forward to watching this on DVD with surround sound, getting it for Christmas!

Disappointing news about the SIII disc screw-up in the Ultimate Collection.

Zorex_519 said:
Disappointing news about the SIII disc screw-up in the Ultimate Collection.

Where where where where where????

J.Howlett said:
Wish I could but I don't have the equipment to post screencaps.

Dude, it's called Power DVD
and it's free... for those who know how.

I can't find a link to the Caped Wonder notification about it, but apparently the SIII disc shipped inside the Ultimate Collection is the DVD that came out a few years ago (the bare bones version), not the new disc with the making-of and deleted scenes.

this new trailer is again a lot brighter than the movie. why make the movie dark and in the traile bright? in the trailer you see a lot mroe than in the movie since it is so dark.

Hey guys, your TV sets don't come with a "bright" adjust?

3 Dev Adam said:
Let's put it that way: only the Anal Retentive Snubs from the Home Theater Forum will care to look for every damn wrong pixel on this movie.

SR looks great on DVD. Period.

You should try watching it on HD-DVD :D :up:

Zorex_519 said:
I can't find a link to the Caped Wonder notification about it, but apparently the SIII disc shipped inside the Ultimate Collection is the DVD that came out a few years ago (the bare bones version), not the new disc with the making-of and deleted scenes.
I hope you're kidding. We will not be pleased if this is true.:sym:
3 Dev Adam said:
Hey guys, your TV sets don't come with a "bright" adjust?
lol.:p

ultimatefan said:
They took the themes of the X-Men much more seriously than it was done with either Batman in B&R or Elektra. Most changes to Dark Phoenix Saga, for instance, made sense in the way of keeping the grounded tone consistent. I´m not a big Cyclops fan, so the way the character was used didn´t bother me that much. Rogue, Magneto and Mystique being cured, well, the cure seems to be reversable.

Well too each their own, SOME of the changes, like the Shi'ar being taken out for example, were great and needed to be done, killing Cyclops off and having Jean join Magneto for no reason and become a mute are not acceptable however.

Anyway i really am desperate to see SR again though i have to wait a week Monday for it, gutted!!!!!!!!

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
Well too each their own, SOME of the changes, like the Shi'ar being taken out for example, were great and needed to be done, killing Cyclops off and having Jean join Magneto for no reason and become a mute are not acceptable however.

Anyway i really am desperate to see SR again though i have to wait a week Monday for it, gutted!!!!!!!!
Cyclops is not necessarily dead, it´s one of those "comic book deaths" where you don´t really see it happening and the body isn´t found. Plus they were forced to it by Marsden´s conflicting schedule with SR. It was that or just writing him off altogether, which I have no doubt would have pissed people off even more. She joined Magneto cuz she felt he wanted to help her to explore her powers instead of controlling them, like Xavier did. But why she was so stoic, I agree, it was more plot convenience than anything else.

ultimatefan said:
Cyclops is not necessarily dead, it´s one of those "comic book deaths" where you don´t really see it happening and the body isn´t found. Plus they were forced to it by Marsden´s conflicting schedule with SR. It was that or just writing him off altogether, which I have no doubt would have pissed people off even more. She joined Magneto cuz she felt he wanted to help her to explore her powers instead of controlling them, like Xavier did. But why she was so stoic, I agree, it was more plot convenience than anything else.

They had more time with Marsden than they anticipated and so could have shot more scene's with him but chose not to, and unless there is going to be an X4, which i now doubt there will be, Cyclops is dead. IMO your reasons for Jean joining Magneto are poor, this is a person who has put her in harms way AND tried to kill her and her loved one's multiple times, there is no reason she would go on with him.

Retroman said:
I hope you're kidding. We will not be pleased if this is true.:sym:

lol.:p
I can't find the link to the Caped Wonder write-up about it, but there are a couple of threads here and there at the Planet about this. Seems the problem might be only with the R1 Ultimate Edition sets, not the Chris Reeve Collection or other region Ultimate Edition sets. It'll become more apparent if this is pretty widespread in the next few days as more people get their sets.

Do people really care about S3 anyway? It was a fairly awful film.

I care [a bit], and it's also the principle of the thing. Plus, c'mon, making-of and deleted scenes. Yeah, I want it. I paid for it.

Mentok said:
You should try watching it on HD-DVD :D :up:

I watched some stuff on HD-DVD and Blu Ray, it's really amazing.

Can anyone with the 2 Disc edition find the cheat for The Videogame that lets you play as Bizarro as long as you want? I think its in the second disc.

Thanks.

Storm22 said:
Do people really care about S3 anyway? It was a fairly awful film.

Of course we do. It's classic. It has androids. Evil Superman vs Good Superman. Gus Gorman's clever deduction that the "unknown element" of Kryptonite was Nicotine, 'cause Superman never smokes. And the line "I don't want to go to jail because there are robbers and rapers and rapers who rape robbers".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"