I just watched Scooby-Doo....

Originally posted by Themanofbat
heheheh.... why? Because I thought making Scrappy the villain was genius? Let me guess.... Scooby-Doo first aired in 1969, while Scrappy first appeared in 1979. Seeing as you're "under 25", you probably grew up watching the "s-crappy" era of Scooby-Doo. No wonder you didn't like the movie, and small wonder why you didn't "get it". Geez... all you're doing is proving my initial point. Now if my opinions hurt your feelings, well that's too bad. Don't slam the door on your way out.
Go to bed... I think your mommy's calling...:rolleyes:

:: yawn :: :rolleyes:

raja gosnell is a crappy ass director. none of his movies are funny. i didn't even bother to see this movie, knowing that he directed it. you guys must have really low standards to enjoy crap like this. arucard, i am not suprised.

Originally posted by darth_coolius
raja gosnell is a crappy ass director. none of his movies are funny. i didn't even bother to see this movie, knowing that he directed it. you guys must have really low standards to enjoy crap like this. arucard, i am not suprised.

i was with you darth until you said you hadnt seen it then pass such harsh criticism on it. still, i saw the movie for free and i will want my money back.

You know this kinda reminds me of "Organics suck!". They're all mad because everyone in the movie(except scooby) were organic and not cartoons. So obviously the characters are all monsters instead of the nice human cartoons they once were.

I knew it was going to suck before it ever came out. Raja Gosnell is just a horrible director, you gotta admit that. He has no sense for comedic timing at all and his characters are dumb. I tried watching big mama's house, but it made me want to puke it was so bad. home alone 1 and 2 were good movies, but the third one directed by him sucked ass. If it was any director other than him and ridley scott, i might have given this movie a chance. it's nothing against scooby doo...

Originally posted by scaredy cat
You see, take a look at when SCOOBY DOO was created by Hanna Barbara. 1969. What were they? Fred, Daphne, Velma, Shaggy and Scooby were a team of young out-going college age kids that hit the road to uncover the schemes of evil doers. Now usually these evil doers were up to land grabbing, treasure stealing no good. Usually they were someone in the establishment. Someone in power, and only these young pesky kids that would stick their nose into the business of the establishment and actually question authority would reveal that they… the man… the older people were out to suppress and scare and cajole the rest of us into their evil schemes.

Now, along comes this movie. Now at a surface level, the idea of a theme park built around the concept of scaring you to bring in the alternative kids of the world to brainwash and spit out as Boy Band Loving Bastards of Materialism plays right into this established history of scooby doo anti-establishment work. However, the ultimate unmasking being a joke bad guy… well is utter and complete bulls hit. Having scrappy doo be the bad guy was utterly ******ed. Only a complete numbskull could actually have that be the bad guy. It stands against everything that Mystery Inc fights against.

Scrappy Doo isn’t the establishment, he’s a tool of the establishment, but see… they don’t tie it in like that. Scrappy Doo was forced by marketers down our throats to peddle to the lowest common denominator. Everything having to do with Scrappy Doo in this filt.. film was awful. Even worse than Freddie Prinze Jr and Sarah Michelle Gellar.

Scrappy Doo was ass.

Linda Cardellini’s Velma is almost where it needed to be. The problem was giving her some sort of bulls hit sense of inadequacy was stupid. Velma didn’t care about boys or girls. Velma cared about the mystery. About getting to the bottom of what is going on, and upon figuring it out, getting the gang through the mystery safely. Linda did an admirable job with very badly written material. She was indeed hot as Velma, but for all the wrong reasons. Giving Velma cleavage is the wrong way to make her hot, she was hot because she was a chick that loved getting down and dirty in the scary stuff. Not only that, but she was the one that figured it all out.
Sarah Michelle Gellar’s daphne is an affront. I mean just terrible. First off, she isn’t a redhead, but that’s a nitpick. Second off, Daphne isn’t supposed to be a dumb blonde. She isn’t a helpless dumbs hit. She’s supposed to love the mysteries so much and be so into them that she gets caught and used as bait. Making her self-aware is terrible, because you’ve turned her into Self Parody right from the get go.

There isn’t supposed to be anything between Daphne and Fred. Sex doesn’t play into the Gang, because believe it or not, the thing that binds them is the MYSTERY.

Now, Shaggy would never fall for a girl, unless… unless she could cook. But even then, he wouldn’t care, because no chick could cook like he could. Because Shaggy was the master of the Contrary Meal, and when Shaggy and Scooby are on that beach cooking Eggplant Burgers doused in Chocolate sauce… Sublime joy. That’s it. Bam! Nailed. At the end, when they’re eating nuclear hot peppers.

How bad is SCOOBY DOO? It is mediocre with the bright spots coming from Lillard and Scooby. And the abject horribleness coming from Gellar, Prinze and Scrappy. The production design looking like a bizarre theme park, well it was a bizarre theme park, so that worked. First thing I would do if working on a sequel is develop a plot that involved Velma, Fred and Daphne being Kidnapped – and Shaggy and Scooby having to solve the mystery, save their friends and fight temptation to just blow it off and eat.

You know, I'm impressed.
However, you sound like a Trekkie disecting the latest movie. Did you even watch the movie?

I think RISKY said it best.... the acting was lousy (except for Shaggy & Velma), the story was above average, but as a whole, when taking into consideration of Scooby's rich history, the movie was brilliant. After all, it was a movie based on cartoon characters. But if you don't think it was a good movie, then that's great. Personally, I disagree. But that didn't necessitate any fuck you's or other such nasty comments. If you have any personal issues with the "establishment", then take it up with your therapist, because you'll just get eaten alive in here. No threats... just some advice.
But if you plan on starting some kind of weird vendetta, then you will lose, and eventually get banned. More advice from the "established fart". Listen to it.

Cheers... :batman:

I took the family (five of us) to see Scooby Doo, thats after all of us had seen SPIDER-MAN four times... :)

I'm an old Scooby fan, as I used to watch the original carton when I was a kid. The movie had some good parts... I liked the CGI Scooby for the most part... some of the jokes were good, loved the Scooby/Shaggy interaction and the smoking van scene... Thought that the Shaggy acter pretty well nailed that part. He was excellent, and Velma was pretty solid as well.

I was dissapointed in some parts of the movie... the fart joke was not needed, not particularly funny and just plain uncomfortable... Overall, I was not very enthused by it, but still a descent attempt that had a few bright spots.

I agree with scaredy cat on this one. You lost all validity in your comment by saying you never saw the movie. Even a blind squirrel can find a nut once in a while.

Originally posted by truthteller
I took the family (five of us) to see Scooby Doo, thats after all of us had seen SPIDER-MAN four times... :)

I'm an old Scooby fan, as I used to watch the original carton when I was a kid. The movie had some good parts... I liked the CGI Scooby for the most part... some of the jokes were good, loved the Scooby/Shaggy interaction and the smoking van sceen... Thought that the Shaggy acter pretty well nailed that part.

I was dissapointed in some parts of the movie... the fart joke was not needed, not particularly funny and just plain uncomfortable... Overall, I was not very enthused by it, but still a descent attempt that had a few bright spots.
Farting is always targeted towards kids:(

I read the reviews too, and those were enough to confirm my thoughts. Oh well, I was never a big scooby doo fan anyway.

I knew it was going to suck before it ever came out. Raja Gosnell is just a horrible director, you gotta admit that. He has no sense for comedic timing at all and his characters are dumb. I tried watching big mama's house, but it made me want to puke it was so bad. home alone 1 and 2 were good movies, but the third one directed by him sucked ass. If it was any director other than him and ridley scott, i might have given this movie a chance. it's nothing against scooby doo...

Geez.... the fact that you even tried to watch Big Momma's House... :rolleyes:

I'm an old Scooby fan, as I used to watch the original carton when I was a kid. The movie had some good parts... I liked the CGI Scooby for the most part... some of the jokes were good, loved the Scooby/Shaggy interaction and the smoking van scene... Thought that the Shaggy acter pretty well nailed that part. He was excellent, and Velma was pretty solid as well.

dam dood im disapointed in you.
I still think fart jokes are funny and that one realy cracked me up :)

he kicked your ass manofbat, admit it.

Yep.... he sure did.
Golly, does my bum ever hurt.... :rolleyes:

... Even a blind squirrel can find a nut once in a while.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day... ;)

Who are you talking about man? :confused:

Well, I'm assuming he meant scaredy cat, but you never know with these kids these days...:D

Well, I'm assuming he meant scaredy cat, but you never know with these kids these days...:D
Yes, that is what I was trying to establish... I thought scared cat was a female... but maybe I'm mistaken... :confused:

Originally posted by RISKY
dam dood im disapointed in you.
I still think fart jokes are funny and that one realy cracked me up :)
:( ...sorry man... I'm just not wild about fart jokes... a bit overdone... :)

:( ...sorry man... I'm just not wild about fart jokes... a bit overdone... :)
yea i know but with cgi they are a little fresher :)

MOVED?????$#@$#%!%#@!#!@

Thanks ASM, now nobody will read this wonderfully insightful thread... :rolleyes:

MOVED?????$#@$#%!%#@!#!@

Thanks ASM, now nobody will read this wonderfully insightful thread... :rolleyes:
Im suprised he moved it i would have deleted it and banned scardey cat if i was a mod. but hey maybe thats why im not a mod I dunno i just dont get the rules here yet

Originally posted by RISKY
Im suprised he moved it i would have deleted it and banned scardey cat if i was a mod.

I'm glad he didn't delete it.
How else are other people around here going to find out who the morons are? :D ;)

But you had to be a fan of the original cartoons in order to get all the subtleties found in the movie: all Scooby & Shaggy being stoners innuendoes, Scrappy's appearance, the insights behind Fred, Daphne & Thelma's characters.... It was all there in

If you were such a big fan of the cartoon, you would know that the name is Velma, not Thelma.

Fool.

I was a fan of the cartoon. But I didn't really enjoy the film. Here's what I didn't enjoy a lot. Fred and Daphene. (Mostly cause I despise the two actors, so its kinda unfair.) The "real" monsters, I liked the beginning with the cliche Scooby adventure. The college student brain washing, trying to add a pop culture tren to market the film.

Here is what I did like...

Matt Lillard and Linda Cartelleni as Shaggy and Velma. The ego-maniac Scrappy-Doo, which perfectly portrays so much of how he really is to the audience.

and my favorite scens of the film...

STRANGE VOICE ON PHONE: I got a sack of hamburgers for ya. Go out into the deep dark part of the scary forrest where no one can see you.

SCOOBY-DOO: Okay.

It just seemed like it made a total joke out of the show instead of really trying to make it good. But it's just my opinion, I wasn't a huge fan of the cartoon, but I've seen a million episodes to know a lot about it. I totally respect Themanofbat's opinion about the film. I actuallt think this is Raja Gosnell's best film to date. Other films he's done include, Home Alone 3, Never Been Kissed and Big Mama's House.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"