I just watched Scooby-Doo....

What pisses me off is they had the perfect actor for Daphne in this movie... playing someone else.

main3.jpg

07701.jpg

And Marc Blucas would have been a much better Fred. Kevin Smith knew it!! :mad:

marc.jpg

I thought this one was incredibly well casted. I mean, Matthew Liliard as Shaggy was nothing less than genius.

And, you're right.. it wasnt' a horrible movie at all. I enjoyed it.

I hate, loathe, despise, spit on, stomp to dust, charbroil to ashes, and abhor Scooby Doo. :mad: I hope Jon peters dies a slow and painful death for putting me through this tiorture at the movie theater. The only good thing about this movie is that I didn't pay to see it.

Scooby Doo the Movie ------> Scooby Doo the Cartoon as GINO aka Godzilla '98 ------> the Toho Godzilla.

I loved Scooby Doo when I saw it...

If any of you folks have got Harry Potter on vhs.. what did you think of the Scooby Doo teaser trailer?

Well, I'm off to see Sooby-Doo 2 this afternoon.... as long as thesonofbat doesn't act up like he has been all morning.

I thought it was pretty good, could have been better.

Well, as it turned out, the lil'bastard didn't stop acting up, so much to his chagrin, we didn't go yesterday as planned. However, afterwards, he was well behaved until this afternoon, and we all went to see it a few hours ago.

I thought it was really fun, and a lot better than the first one. :)

I can't get over how that actor who plays Shaggy sounds EXACTLY like the original 70's cartoons. Everytime he spoke, it was almost mind-boggling.

:cool:

I like this old thread... especiall how Jake calls me a fool. :)

:(

Oh my god, this movie was horrible. ugh, is this thread a joke?. lol, it must be a game someone was playing, a funny game.

Galactical said:
Oh my god, this movie was horrible. ugh, is this thread a joke?. lol, it must be a game someone was playing, a funny game.
More like a terribly like april fools joke. I loved the old cartoons and it was terrible. The ymust be smoking some good s***.

Any movie where Sarah Michelle Gellar gets peed on is just good entertainment.

There shouldn't be just an "ignore" and a "buddy" button.

There should be a "hate" button, where you organize all the posters you hate with a deep passion.

Because if there is something I hate, it's someone who willfully ENJOYS a Srah Michelle Gellar movie.

Let alone one that is nothing but a Buffy movie veiled as a Scooby-Doo movie.

Themanofbat said:
.... and you know what? It didn't suck. It didn't suck at all!
But you had to be a fan of the original cartoons in order to get all the subtleties found in the movie: all Scooby & Shaggy being stoners innuendoes, Scrappy's appearance, the insights behind Fred, Daphne & Thelma's characters.... It was all there in complete parody form that made me laugh while remembering the repititious campy-ness of the original cartoons.
Now I had heard a lot of crappy comments about this movie, and I'm sure some will follow in this thread. That being said, I'm almost positive that the origins of these comments will come from the mouths of those 25 years old and younger who weren't first generation Scooby-Doo watchers. If you didn't watch the originals, I can see how you would think the movie sucked... because you just didn't get it.
In hindsight, while I'm remembering more and more about the movie, the more I think it was brilliantly written. The only mistake the writers made was that they wrote it for the 70's generation who watched the originals, but only to be scrutinized by the 90's generation who think everything is crap. :rolleyes:

Just my two cents...

Cheers... :batman:

LMAO

Perfect parody of, 'You just didn't GET IT' arguments. :up:

It sucked, but not as much as the second one. Both completely killed the spirit of the cartoons.

I liked these movies. I haven't watched them in a while but I remember when I first saw the teaser for part 1 and thought it was a new Batman movie. I'm gonna go watch these now.

It's not even a Scooby Doo movie.

It's a mainstream Hollywood popcorn family-friendly cookie-cutter PRODUCT that happens to be based on Scooby Doo. You know the type.

Kevin Roegele said:
It's not even a Scooby Doo movie.

It's a mainstream Hollywood popcorn family-friendly cookie-cutter PRODUCT that happens to be based on Scooby Doo. You know the type.

:up:

thealiasman2000 said:
Because if there is something I hate, it's someone who willfully ENJOYS a Srah Michelle Gellar movie.

The only SMG movie I've really enjoyed was Cruel Intentions. Damn was she hot in that movie.

What happened? :(

Making Scrappy the villain was just a dumbass thing to do...

thealiasman2000 said:
There shouldn't be just an "ignore" and a "buddy" button.

There should be a "hate" button, where you organize all the posters you hate with a deep passion.

Let alone one that is nothing but a Buffy movie veiled as a Scooby-Doo movie.

did SMG kill your pet or something? what's with all the hate? :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"