Dark Phoenix "I'd rather be in Guardians" The Jennifer Lawrence/Mystique Thread

Oh please, feige won't let the X-Men continuity mess be connected to their film verse. They are already ignoring their own TV shows.

don't think so. Fox won't be letting go of the franchise any time soon. Marvel would benefit from having guest appearances of iconic characters played by big stars like Jackman and Lawrence, so, it's a win-win all around.

And all they have to do is use Dr. Strange or Wanda to work them into the fold somehow.

Marvel Studios simply don't need Fox's X-Men. Gotg, Avengers, Iron Man are bigger than Deadpool. While almost every MS film has outgrossed a Fc X-film without the ot cast. Hugh is not coming back if he keeps his word. Also if they are already ignoring the Netflix/ABC shows, they wouldn't care acknowledging the continuity of Fox's X-Men. Andrew Garfield could have appeared in Civil War but didn't.

What ms should do is just buy the X-Men from Fox!

There are many reasons why FOXs X-Men won't cross over with the MCU.

The continuity isn't one of them.

There are many reasons why FOXs X-Men won't cross over with the MCU.

The continuity isn't one of them.

this is pipe dream.why would eather fox or disney do it.

legion and the gifted are basicly fox productions with marvel getting credit on it
because of agreement marvel would sign off on any X-men related tv show.

plenty of reasons to dislike kinberg but noway x-men films except for deadpool
to fit in with way MCU is.

disney won't do another solo hulk because universal has hulk solo distribution rights.remember disney has the spider-man merchandize rights
so that is reason why disney agree to produce 2 spider-man solo films
distributed by sony.

the idea disney would use cast of fox's X-men films past ro present isn't
likely at all.

only way X-men in mcu would work is if both X-men and MCU was completly rebooted

That thread title! :hehe: :funny:

I love it, but I agree it needs to say RAVEN instead of Mystique.

I'd want Marvel to bring her into the Avengers with this outfit:
7326788_f520.jpg

the skull adds a nice touch.

Why bring up Mystique, when they could just pick the others like Rogue, Wolverine, Dazzler, Beast, Storm, Havok? You know actual Avengers.

Every Jennifer Lawrence Performance, Ranked Worst to Best

8. Mystique in the X-Men prequels (2011, 2014, 2016)
When Lawrence signed up to play the shape-shifting mutant Mystique — a character portrayed by Rebecca Romijn in the original X-Men movies — it was exciting to imagine her trying her hand at blockbusters alongside a pretty stellar cast that included Michael Fassbender and James McAvoy. But after three films, we confess that we’re still not quite sure what Lawrence brings to this franchise. It’s not that Mystique isn’t important. (She’s Charles Xavier’s adoptive sister who has feelings for Magneto, his soon-to-be rival.) But even in 2014’s very good X-Men: Days of Future Past, where Mystique’s attempt to assassinate Bolivar Trask (Peter Dinklage) is central to the plot, Lawrence seems a bit passive amid the spectacle. Maybe it’s because she’s usually such a forceful onscreen presence that sticking her in the middle of a crowded story line doesn’t quite suit her skill set? Whatever the reason, we wouldn’t shed any tears if she never dons the blue makeup again. These movies probably did wonders for her bank account, but as proof of her multiplex powers, they pale in comparison to Katniss.

I would shed a tear in happiness if they stop featuring her as Raven in a future X-Men film.

Just watched Mother. Jennifer was amazing in that. I've said many times Jen can do wonders under a great director who guides her. Bryan just didn't really know how to direct her well tbh. Matthew got the best out of Jen. I hope we see some more in this one because she's for sure to get another Oscar nom with this performance.

Has anybody seen the trailer for Red Sparrow ft. Lawrence? She's practically Romijn's Mystique/silent hot killer on it. Oh the irony XD

I think she should pull off something darker for the next X-Men installment.

[YT]gzXqjC_zC_0[/YT]

Fox, just give her a Brotherhood movie already. I would love it, really. Put Fassbender in it too and take both of them out of the main X-Men films. Seriously, I wonder if LSD had considered at least once a Brotherhood movie with both of them.

It could be highly relevant in this Trump era, with villains like the Friends of Humanity. Hell, I wouldn't even mind Singer directing it.

679940-mystique06.jpg

It could be a win win situation.

if that spinoff keeps them out for at least one X-Men movie, Im all for it, and it would include more bad mutants and villains, so could be fun. we all win

I genuinely want to see a Brotherhood movie. Keeping Fassbender and Lawrence out of the main X-Men movies would be a bonus.

A Brotherhood movie... something a la Suicide Squad (except good)? Hmm, I could see it.

Anyway, thinking of that panel you posted... Lawrence gave great heroic speeches in Hunger Games, but I'm not sure she would pull off the complete opposite - an evil, fear inducing, threatening speech. An actress the same age as hers, Elizabeth Debicki, who played Ayesha in GOTG Vol. 2, seems more appropiate for that IMHO.

I think there is no need for a threatening speech from her. There is Fassbender to do that. And I like the driven by anger Mystique from DoFP.

Plus, I think the Brotherhood should be a group of anti-villains fighting intolerance, not just villains.

her being a despicable scumbag would be good, not like anybody recognizes her so easily in blue

I'd only want to see a Brotherhood movie if they would include the Avalanche.

If Jennifer Lawrence ever makes it into the Marvel Cinematic Universe as Mystique, they should do away with the scales a bit...

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8xMzkvMTE1L2kwMi9qZW5uaWZlci1sYXdyZW5jZS1hcy1teXN0aXF1ZS5qcGc=

jennifer-lawrence-mystique.jpeg

mystique___jennifer_lawrence_by_skybecauseiwantto-d3eb98v.jpg

she has the acting chops for a badass mystique, compared to how she's been written lately. Actually, they should've done this after DOFP, since it altered the X-Men timelines specifically by changing Mystique's life. Another way would've been making her a Horseman of the Apocalypse. So many ways to freshen up a look here and there, guys!

Anyways, if Marvel gets her, she could face off against Chris Pratt's Star Lord.

Last edited:
Me too. It makes her more recognizable, which is good whatever studio she's with.

Well she's not. And why would they include her.

Jennifer Lawrence and Hugh Jackman in Marvel's Avengers = :exp:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"