The Dark Knight Rises Concerns about TDKR

Conebone69

The Legend Ends
Reaction score
I made a thread like this for TDK awhile back and it was useful, so thought I would create another one now that we have news on who the villains will be. With all big blockbuster movies, there will be fans with concerns on how everything will play out.

Anyone have any concerns? My concern is how catwoman and bane will be portrayed. I originally wasnt a fan of catwoman being in the nolan universe but I guess I will just have to wait and see. And bane doesnt seem like that interesting of a character to me (please, dont flame, its just my opinion). Im sure nolan wont disappoint, but im just curious as to how this will turn out. And how will Hardy bulk up so quickly? :huh:

I have feeling that Nolan's take on them will defy every expectation.

EDIT: Holy crap I posted this in the wrong thread...oh well to lazy to change it.

My only concern is that we'll see this:
anne_hathaway_plays_catwoman_by_diegocobo-d33fbrk.jpg

Otherwise, I'm extremely optimistic.

That it cant get here soon enough.

I believe in Chris, he hasn't let us down as of yet. Can't wait to see how he portrays Bane.

Concern: Anne Hathaway - I seriously do no like her. Neither pretty nor talented IMO.

With that said tho, I'll happily throw myself off a cliff if Nolan told me it would be a good idea :D

So I'm fairly optimistic

Hathaway, obviously. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt until I see it, but Nolan's female casting hasn't exactly blown people away in these films, even if, this time, its an iconic female character he's casting for.

Concern: Anne Hathaway - I seriously do no like her. Neither pretty nor talented IMO.

With that said tho, I'll happily throw myself off a cliff if Nolan told me it would be a good idea :D

So I'm fairly optimistic

I think shes talented, I just dont know if she can be fierce/badass enough for catwoman

The Batvoice. Hopefully they go back to the one in BB instead of the one with too much post-production processing in TDK.

The Batvoice. Hopefully they go back to the one in BB instead of the one with too much post-production processing in TDK.

Ya know, I think they will. Because everyone gave the bat-voice so much ****. I think Nolan will go back to the BB batman voice

ZERO... Nolan has a way of getting his actors/actresses to perform to his liking. Hathaway obviously did something during the screenings to make him choose her and he hasnt disapointed yet.

I like the casting choices so far. My biggest concerns are that I hope they fix Bale's horrible Bat-voice, the atmosphere, new bat-suit, more bat-gadgets, and I hope the movie is edited better than TDK. Oh, and that Gotham actually feels like Gotham, and not Chicago.

I'm not a fan of Bane either, but I might become one after seeing TDKR.

I can't see Chris Nolan casting Tom Hardy to play Bane as a hulking brute. Tom is filming another movie right now and I don't think he will have enough free time to "bulk up" that quickly; if he hasn't done so already.

I see Nolan's Bane as more of an intellectual equal to the Batman. Now, whether Bane does sport that mask and have superhuman strength due to Venom or some other compound remains to be seen. But, i'm right there with you with the concerns.

However, I am not concerned with Catwoman. Most people want to see another Catwoman and I "hope" the Nolan's will do her justice after the huge "Catwoman" film flop. Even Batman Returns did not present Selina Kyle the right way - even though Michelle Pfeiffer did a great job and I personally loved the suit. The suit will be more tech oriented this time.

Oh yeah Bale's Batvoice, it was horrendus in DK.

Happy with Catwoman, not happy with Hathaway. We'll see. A decent promo pic of her in costume could allay all my fears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"