The Dark Knight Rises Concerns about TDKR

Michael J White did a great job. WTF?

Ok these criticism are getting ridiculous now.

The town hall scene is fine. The guy who screams "Things are worse than ever" does sound stupid but guess what a lot of people IRL sound like that and a large portion of our population are ****ing morons. So that was right on. I think Nolan was aiming to get that reaction from viewers. I felt like punching that guy because he has no idea what Wayne has been through in trying to fix Gotham.

Ungrateful sunvabich.

Truth.

Michael J White did a great job. WTF?
I hated it, sorry. It was the very first criticism I had towards TDK when it first came out.

His lines- "where then", and "give me one reason why my boy here shouldn't pull your head off" were delivered in a horribly monotone voice. Almost like he was just reading the lines out-loud for the first time, while he was distracted with something else. Not a fan of his performance.

His other lines were better, but nothing "great", IMO.

White in my opinion was for the general public. The hip gangster wannabees who might mock the superhero genre. His placement showed the GA that the Joker is crazy, much crazier than even a real gangster is.

It's not like he had a whole lot to work with : /

Loved MJW. Actually, I love the entire way the mob is portrayed in the Nolanverse.

Nothing yet, We know very little at this point so no need to get concerns! I trust Nolan and keep in mind his the first Batman director to make 3 movies and I am very thankful it's him and not Burton or.... The other one.

My only concern about this movie:
Catwoman's mask not having "Cat-Ears"

TDKR needs another guest star with huge nerd cred like MJW in TDK. I propose Sean Bean.

I don't know why people are so concerned about the cat ears thing. If Nolan was that uptight, Batman wouldn't have pointy ears and we would have gotten Midnighter Begins.

midnighter2.jpg

I have to say some of the responses in this thread surprise me.

The end of TDK boring because of exposition? As some who read batman comics from the early 70s through the mid 80s, and always dreamed of someone in hollywood "getting it", I have to say I was overjoyed with what was onscreen the last 30 minutes of the film.

The Batman Joker relationship was summed up beautifully and Harveys final moments were perfect.Gordon, in total desperation takes blame for something that wasnt his fault. It all plays out like a Shakespearean tragedy. I love the end of this film so much.

As for action prefer TDK as well. Much larger scope - watching the batpod zoom around in that building, the Tumbler taking out the dumptruck = awesomeness thats off the charts.

Like others have mentioned I'm just concerned with there being more badly executed attempts at comic relief. Sarcastic SWAT guy scene goes on instant MUTE.

My main hope is that Batman learns how to use his grappling gun when falling out of his Penthouse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"