Sequels Bring on the Lizard in Spider-Man 4

Wow, that was the easiest point I've ever made. :)

I'm not saying that I like your idea better than mine, it just makes more sense now. :oldrazz: I still prefer Lizard as the only villain. Maybe he could replace Vermin in Spidey 5. Its a good way to get the audience to feel pity for the scaley one. He was saved at the end of Spidey 4, only to be hunted in 5.

I don't even think the Director, Sony or Marvel themselves know who Vermin is. So that's out.;)

Vermin eats people. I think he might be a bit too graphic for a movie with young children as part of the audience.

Really, the villains I would still like to see most are the Lizard, Electro, and Mysterio. Lizard because he provides a new challenge on both a personal and physical level (yes, I am aware of the father figure turned villain thing), Electro because he is a classic villain who would not look similar to a villain we have seen already in the SM movies, and Mysterio because he could provide some excellent on screen effects (since he is an FX master and could show us pretty much anything) and would be different from anyone we have seen already. Not saying these are the only villains they have left, but after these guys, a lot of Spidey's villains are not as impressive, since they have similar powers or looks from an effects standpoint. Look at Scorpion. After seeing the Lizard on screen, his tail is less impressive. Hyrdo Man is basically the water Sandman. Shocker is a less impressive Electro. Hobgoblin is another goblin, etc. Villains like the Vulture, Kraven, or even Carnage (though I am not a fan of him, since he is a weak character and couldn't carry a movie himself) would be good for use also.

Heh, it's funny, because in the movie, Connors and Octavius were friends, too.

Otto: "Curt, it is so much fun tearing the city apart and beating up on Spider-Man"

Curt: "Really?? Damn, I want to be a villain, too. Let's go".

Lol.

Lizard's one of my favorite villains, can't wait. :woot:

Heh, it's funny, because in the movie, Connors and Octavius were friends, too.

Otto: "Curt, it is so much fun tearing the city apart and beating up on Spider-Man"

Curt: "Really?? Damn, I want to be a villain, too. Let's go".

Otto and Curt were pals? When did this happen?

Otto and Curt were pals? When did this happen?

They mentioned it twice in SM2

Dr. Conners: Octavius is a friend of mine. Better do your research, Parker.

then

Otto: Parker, now I remember you. You're Conner's student. He tells me you're brillant. He also tells me you're lazy.

Really, the villains I would still like to see most are the Lizard, Electro, and Mysterio. Lizard because he provides a new challenge on both a personal and physical level (yes, I am aware of the father figure turned villain thing), Electro because he is a classic villain who would not look similar to a villain we have seen already in the SM movies, and Mysterio because he could provide some excellent on screen effects (since he is an FX master and could show us pretty much anything) and would be different from anyone we have seen already. Not saying these are the only villains they have left, but after these guys, a lot of Spidey's villains are not as impressive, since they have similar powers or looks from an effects standpoint. Look at Scorpion. After seeing the Lizard on screen, his tail is less impressive. Hyrdo Man is basically the water Sandman. Shocker is a less impressive Electro. Hobgoblin is another goblin, etc. Villains like the Vulture, Kraven, or even Carnage (though I am not a fan of him, since he is a weak character and couldn't carry a movie himself) would be good for use also.

Scorpion could work as a main player. Lizard is a mindless reptile whose tail use is unlikely to massively high and who can to a limited degree climb walls. Now if scorpion was portayed as essentially having pretty much the exact abilities spidey has but with murderous intense drive to kill jjj and spidey and with a bladed tail instead of spidey`s webshooters.

In fact if spidey`s webshooter`s are organic then perhaps scorpion`s tale could actually be a real tail as opposed to the mechanical one he has in the comics. Then spidey wouldn`t just be worried about being hit by the tail but if he is stung by the end he will receive a massive dose of poison.

See he could work as an lone villain. JJJ gets gargan altered to get rid of spidey. Process gives gargan an actual scorpion tale and spidey`s abilities but sends gargan insane. He tries to kill jjj but is stopped by spidey. Focuses his hate upon spidey. Spidey has no place to hide. He can`t hide away because scorpion would simply hunt down jjj again but scorpion is faster, stronger and more deadly than spidey is.

See it would be cool.

Howabout Kingpin?

Do a Lizard/Kingpin movie and get the mafia involved. Im thinking thats about the only way they will make 4 as cool as 3.

Mabye Conners borrows money from the Kingpin to continue his research...problems occur....he becomes lizard...goes missing...kingpin kidnaps his family...spiderman goes to find him and save his family.

Lotsa Drama/still a badass looking villian.

Electro, Shocker, they just won't look cool on screen because they stand around and shoot stuff out of their hands, about 36 scenes of spidy dodging stuff, about 4 scenes of him getting hit, about 3 scenes of him punching out badguy.

Ock and Gobby, Sandman, and Venom were chosen for their versility, they can fight up buildings, anywhere, and do it while looking impressive on screen. The Lizard would look great on screen! The major suspense/Drama could be supplied by the mafia!

Howabout Kingpin?

Do a Lizard/Kingpin movie and get the mafia involved. Im thinking thats about the only way they will make 4 as cool as 3.

Mabye Conners borrows money from the Kingpin to continue his research...problems occur....he becomes lizard...goes missing...kingpin kidnaps his family...spiderman goes to find him and save his family.

Lotsa Drama/still a badass looking villian.

Electro, Shocker, they just won't look cool on screen because they stand around and shoot stuff out of their hands, about 36 scenes of spidy dodging stuff, about 4 scenes of him getting hit, about 3 scenes of him punching out badguy.

Ock and Gobby, Sandman, and Venom were chosen for their versility, they can fight up buildings, anywhere, and do it while looking impressive on screen. The Lizard would look great on screen! The major suspense/Drama could be supplied by the mafia!

Does'nt 20th Century Fox still own the rights to Kingpin?

I'd like to see MCD reprise the role though. I, for one, had no problem with his casting or portrayal of Fisk.

Electro uses Electricity
Shocker uses Shockwaves

2 very different things

If anything Eel is the less impressive Electro.

For some strange reason - I've always felt that Shocker is more 'movie-friendly' than Electro.

577px-Shocker_28comics29.png

cache5CSFULLS_2254001.jpg

rgshocker5.jpg

rgshockertitle.jpg

rgshocker4.jpg

Maybe it's the fact that his powers are technology based?

I dunno..............(always hated the colour scheme though!!)

-Electro could form electricity around his fists so that when he punched spidey the punches would pack a punch.

-Electro could also make a whip that is made out of electricity.

-Maybe Electro could carry a cell phone on him,and use it to teleport to other places.

They could come up with all kinds of cool things with him,instead of him looking like a Sith from Star Wars.

With Venom being shoved into SM3, I would be very surprised if another toothy monster villain like the Lizard would be used in SM4. :(

With Venom being shoved into SM3, I would be very surprised if another toothy monster villain like the Lizard would be used in SM4. :(

^Dylan Baker basically spilled the beans that they are.

^Dylan Baker basically spilled the beans that they are.

Wishful thinking on Baker's part I'm afraid. Since there's currently no way of knowing if Raimi, Tobey, Kirsten etc will be returning for SM4, there's no way of knowing who will write and direct or what the storyline will be.

I'd love to see the Lizard onscreen more than anyone, believe me -- but there's just way too much up in the air at this point to even start guessing.

If MJ can be kidnapped by the villain three times in a row, then we can have the Lizard in Spider-Man 4.

Don't give up hope my scaley friend.

I think the lizard will not only raise hell but will have alot of painful attacks on spidey. I'm also very glad that Dylan Baker wants to play the lizard so it really does sound like he will.

I love the yellow pillow man. I definitely want him and Lizard!

-Electro could form electricity around his fists so that when he punched spidey the punches would pack a punch.

-Electro could also make a whip that is made out of electricity.

-Maybe Electro could carry a cell phone on him,and use it to teleport to other places.

They could come up with all kinds of cool things with him,instead of him looking like a Sith from Star Wars.

Spidey also cant touch him without getting hurt. He had to wear a special insulated suit.

For some strange reason - I've always felt that Shocker is more 'movie-friendly' than Electro.

577px-Shocker_28comics29.png

cache5CSFULLS_2254001.jpg

rgshocker5.jpg

rgshockertitle.jpg

rgshocker4.jpg

Maybe it's the fact that his powers are technology based?

I dunno..............(always hated the colour scheme though!!)

I love his color scheme and the costume, he does seem like he would fit in a Spidey mivie too. But he should be like the #3 villian thats robbing a bank, and gets taken down in the beginning of the movie.

I love his color scheme and the costume, he does seem like he would fit in a Spidey mivie too. But he should be like the #3 villian thats robbing a bank, and gets taken down in the beginning of the movie.

That's a good premise - and would be a cool cameo for the fans. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"