Sequels The Official The Lizard in Spider-Man 4 thread!

I always loved the scenes where Spidey was trapped under rubble and there's this suspense of, "Oh God, is he unconcious?! What's gonna happen?!", and it's only been done in the movies ... once so far? I think? I can only recall the time Ock smashes Peter into the wall and stuff buries him.

I have vivid memories of Spidey's limp hand hanging out of the debris, and I used to let my mattress fall on me when I was a kid and have my hand hang out just like that, pretending I was Spidey in a fight with a powerful foe. :woot: Golden memories!

What Spider-man 4 needs to have to be succesful is 1 VILLAIN!!. No sinister 6 or whatever. Spiderman 3 had way to many villains, I know everyone has heard this before. IF.. Lizard is in SP4 i hope he will have to be the only villain, and also no die. What I had in mind was for Dr. Connors to do his little experiment and in the process he goes beserk like in the game. In the process he smashes things around his lab. While doing that he releases the symbiote that was left from peter. This will set up Carnage to be in the next film.
The problem wasn't the amount of villains, it was the execution and what villains they used (i.e. Venom).

Also its been confirmed for like a year by the producers that we're getting two villains.

Last edited:
I don't mind two villains but as long as they don't team up. How many times have we seen that? Make it work within the plot. I know you're gonna kill me for this, but this is where they got it right in TDK with Joker and Dent. I think this is the first time we saw two villains that didn't team up. Each served their purpose to the story.

And that's why the Sinister Six could never work right.

And it seems to be a direction Raimi is trying to take. Which...well...that will suck.

There's only up to 2 Villains for the 4th film though, so Sinister Six for the fourth film is basically not going to happen.

Raimi is wanting a fourth and fifth....and that'll mean a sixth....and before Spider-Man 2 came out, he spoke about wanting to do the Sinister Six.

Like I said, that's the direction he wants to take it.

I was thinking about something...
don't you guys think that, if Lizard and Kraven are in SM4, nothing will really be a big surprise? it's like we already know everything what is gonna happen.
I mean, Kraven hunting Lizard, Spidey trying to protect Lizard while fighting him, fights in the sewer...
maybe the villains wil be totally different...

^ We pretty much knew the whole story going into the first Spider-Man film... we had a pretty good idea of how Spider-Man 2 was going to work... same with Spider-Man 3...

If they do Lizard & Kraven, yes - we will know the basic outline of the story. But it's how they tell it, the different takes on the characters, the details, the subplots... that'll be what makes it interesting.

If they do Lizard & Kraven, yes - we will know the basic outline of the story. But it's how they tell it, the different takes on the characters, the details, the subplots... that'll be what makes it interesting.
I second that. :up:

same with Spider-Man 3...

No...no, not really.

No one ever had the thought that it was Flint Marko that killed Uncle Ben, nor did we have a clue wether we would get Eddie Brock or Eddie Brock, JR...and what Venom would eventually look like and the lack of screen time.

At first, all we did have was Sandman and Vulture...and then Arad stopped by to give his two cents...then Sandman and Venom...and then New Goblin was placed in all of a sudden...was he even brought up in the first stages or no?

But, no, the third was the trickiest to guess out of the three.

I, myself would not care if Kraven shows up...never a fan of that character.

But the only villain I think to give the franchise some juice back would be Lizard because of the effects and what a Spidey/Lizard fight can do. I doubt it'll be on the "hot trail" when the franchise started BECAUSE of Spider-Man 3(yah, it made money...but for that first weekend...how many people do you think watched it and complained about wasting money on it?), but it'll gain some. If ONLY we get a great villain that'll be spectacular on camera(Lizard), and perhaps a better script...and better acting with Dunst...

Last edited:
as stated in the thread shut by the heavy handers
a good ongoing villian to be included amonst the super villians would be the sin eater storyline-tho I doubht Raimi knows it lol
while dealing with whoever is included,Lizard,Kraven,Scorpion,etc the sin eater could be on his murder spree so Spidey does have that problem to solve rather than dancing etc
:)

Raimi could've easily used it alongside Eddie Brock's storyline...so don't count on him using it, lol.

yea exactly lol :D 1 of the whole reasons of Venoms existance
symbiote in 3 then venom in 4 would've been amazing-an proper

No villain is going to interject juice into this franchise if the story isn't worth a damn, the situation and motivations are unrealistic, and the usage of characters is immature. I don't think this Director can deliver, so don't hold your breath for a great Spider-man 4 & 5. It won't happen regardless who's writing the screenplay; because it will still be Sam's adaption.

No villain is going to interject juice into this franchise if the story isn't worth a damn, the situation and motivations are unrealistic, and the usage of characters is immature. I don't think this Director can deliver, so don't hold your breath for a great Spider-man 4 & 5. It won't happen regardless who's writing the screenplay; because it will still be Sam's adaption.

What's so bad about Sam's adaption though? Tbh, I really think he will make the Lizard story very interesting and quite emotional, but also make the Lizard mean, agressive, and overall menacing.

What's so bad about Sam's adaption though? Tbh, I really think he will make the Lizard story very interesting and quite emotional, but also make the Lizard mean, agressive, and overall menacing.

Well, I'm not going to go back over the whole litany of things mention countless of times. I respect your opinion about his adaptions, I happen to disagree.

However, GG and DocOck was the most menacing that we got out of the films, and one was done very cartoonish like "Mars Attack" and the other off screen. I don't know what you expect from a director who uses both style countless of times in past films. Also, I find the stories not that interesting, and emotional is the title character weeping his heart out, holding a bouquet of roses, than...

Raimi has the edge. He can mix the elements in a great way. Remember the hospital scene in SM2? Yeah, that's pure Raimi right there. And notice how he didn't need blood to show how edgy or scary it was. It was the marriage of the pacing, the cutting, the actors, and the sound effects that created a very great and disturbing scene. I remember first seeing that. As a 12 year old, it was very intense. It still gives me the chills.

Well, I'm not going to go back over the whole litany of things mention countless of times. I respect your opinion about his adaptions, I happen to disagree.

However, GG and DocOck was the most menacing that we got out of the films, and one was done very cartoonish like "Mars Attack" and the other off screen. I don't know what you expect from a director who uses both style countless of times in past films. Also, I find the stories not that interesting, and emotional is the title character weeping his heart out, holding a bouquet of roses, than...
Well, as I've said, to each his own, bud.

Originally posted by Doctor Jones
Raimi has the edge. He can mix the elements in a great way. Remember the hospital scene in SM2? Yeah, that's pure Raimi right there. And notice how he didn't need blood to show how edgy or scary it was. It was the marriage of the pacing, the cutting, the actors, and the sound effects that created a very great and disturbing scene. I remember first seeing that. As a 12 year old, it was very intense. It still gives me the chills.
I completely agree! When that girls' nails scratched the floor and were getting ripped off, I cringed.

I don't mind two villains but as long as they don't team up. How many times have we seen that? Make it work within the plot. I know you're gonna kill me for this, but this is where they got it right in TDK with Joker and Dent. I think this is the first time we saw two villains that didn't team up. Each served their purpose to the story.
They were still connected though. It gets messy if you have a bunch of bad guys running around randomly. They're just...there.

The only connection Joker and Dent had was that Joker wanted to kill Dent and then exploit his dark side to Gotham. They did not have to work with eachother in fighting Batman. Sure, Dent became Joker's pawn to show Batman how people can become corrupted, but it wasn't like them double-teaming or anything.

That's what I meant. But If they had Harvey slowly become Two Face, and out of no where Joker comes in and starts terrorizing the city, it would seem kind of sloppy. Hell, the reason they could have like 5 bad guys in BB was because they were all connected. Chill had a cell with Falcone and learned his secrets and ultimately gets killed by Falcone's assassin, Falcone and Crane were working for Ra's,etc. If they were all running around, without any sort of association with the other, would it still have been as good?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"