Sequels If this isn't Mary Jane Watson then I'm blind

OK OK.

Looks wise....which is WHAT MANY SM fans complained about once they knew Kirsten was gonna play MJ.. Lohan physically looks more similar to MJ than does ever can... Face.. hair...eyes....body...even her personality relates more to MJ.

OK OK.

Looks wise....which is WHAT MANY SM fans complained about once they knew Kirsten was gonna play MJ.. Lohan physically looks more similar to MJ than does ever can... Face.. hair...eyes....body...even her personality relates more to MJ.

Acting wise.. sure she can't compete with Dunst acting wise but physical looks...translating the look of MJ from the comic to screen... in my opinion Lohan is it.

Maybe that's because Mary Jane is supposed to be a goddess-like dream for all the Peter Parker type "losers in love" guys who could never hope to have such a perfect woman. You know, instead of a REAL woman. ANYONE who was cast as MJ was going to be criticised because there would be some thing about her that isn't as good as the vision of perfection that Mary Jane is.

Ugh no way would I like to see Lohan as MJ. She's way overrated in terms of looks and talent.

zanos said:
Well the part kind of sucks but I don't think that has anything to do with it at all. She's just not that great an actress. I think this may actually be more her personality than anything else because I didn't necessarily notice these things when she was young. She's got odd habits and mannerisms in the way she expresses emotion thru her face and in the way she delivers her lines depending on the scene.
you know ive realised that too... she seemed to be alot better when she was younger... i wonder if anything really bad has happened to her life... because i dunno.. she has this depressed emotion thing going on... it seems to me that like the movies before spider-man.. were good... and she was a good actress.. her movies after? (spider-man 1 & 2, that cat's meow, mona lisa smile, eternal sunshine, and wimbeldon) she i dunno.. she just... she seems to not be as believable as an actress as she once was.

I want Lohan because of Looks and the fact she can act. Listen we already know Kirsten is leaving after 3. Thats reality. I am a guy and could play Kirstens part better then she is... So i consider this a time to fix what has already been done. Lohan can act very well and do exactly what Kirsten has done at least.

I know people hate Lohan for the same reason they hate Will Smith, Vin Diesel, Jennifer Lopez, etc. Most of these people have pretty good acting abilities, but their overrated-ness gives off a bad vibe to people. I did see Mean Girls, and that was the first time I can honestly say I did not find Lohan annoying, as she played the character to the hilt as far as realism. I wouldn't storm off crying if she landed the role or anything, though.

Whatever, I think they captured MJ's character pretty well in the movies. They showed her deep down, she was an anguished, troubled woman who wears social masks in public. That's the real MJ. The real MJ is not a "party girl" like Lindsay Lohan, that's just how she is on the surface. So whatever, I don't think Lohan is hot potatoes though.

TheVileOne said:
They showed her deep down, she was an anguished, troubled woman who wears social masks in public. That's the real MJ.
they only did that at least twice in the movie though :(....(when her dad yells at her but then her friends come and shes all happy again and after the argument with her parents and then sees Flash's new car, given she did have a conversation with Pete to cheer her up :))

Spidergurl4302 said:
they only did that at least twice in the movie though :(....(when her dad yells at her but then her friends come and shes all happy again and after the argument with her parents and then sees Flash's new car, given she did have a conversation with Pete to cheer her up :))
They do it in the second movie as well. One good example is the billboard she modeled for. She's still putting on a face for others, Peter is the only one that knows and loves the real Mary Jane, who she truly is. And that's why she loves and accepts Peter.

If Lohan starts doing things like Dunst's Virgin Suicides and The Cat's Meow, then I think they'd be more apt to accept her as MJ if the time ever came.

Odin's Lapdog said:
i don't dream about lohan!!!!

:mad:

i dream about jojo

;)

HAHAHA... terrifying...

oh, and by the way, Lohan would kick tail as MJ in about four years... (when Spidey four would be out) no need for any age regression...

spideyboy_1111 said:
you know ive realised that too... she seemed to be alot better when she was younger... i wonder if anything really bad has happened to her life... because i dunno.. she has this depressed emotion thing going on... it seems to me that like the movies before spider-man.. were good... and she was a good actress.. her movies after? (spider-man 1 & 2, that cat's meow, mona lisa smile, eternal sunshine, and wimbeldon) she i dunno.. she just... she seems to not be as believable as an actress as she once was.
I agree. Dunst was great early in her Career. She was perfect in IWTV. But Lately she is nothing special and in The Spidey movies subpar. She gives little to the role, but at the same time she isn't written all that well.

As for Lohan, I can't really say that she has done anything that I have seen that show she's a standout actress. But she does LOOK better than Kirsten, but I hate recasts, so I would be against it just for that.

Kroc1138 said:
As for Lohan, I can't really say that she has done anything that I have seen that show she's a standout actress. But she does LOOK better than Kirsten, but I hate recasts, so I would be against it just for that.

Recasts are inevitable. Besides Kirsten said she's out after SM3. From interviews promoting SM2 I could tell she's sick of being MJ... FINE. I don't want someone in the movie who doesn't want to play their part.

As far as Lohan's acting....she's only 18 and YES she hasn't had the career Dunst has..but then who does?

In my opinion...looks wise (which was HUGE when the were casting Mary Jane) Lohan is as close as anyone in Hollywood.

Equint77 said:
Recasts are inevitable. Besides Kirsten said she's out after SM3. From interviews promoting SM2 I could tell she's sick of being MJ... FINE. I don't want someone in the movie who doesn't want to play their part.
True, but why not end the series like others suggested. If they can pull of a recast (Like they did w/ 007) it could work. I doubt it could or would, seeing as how the James Bond series is the only one that could pull it off.

As far as Lohan's acting....she's only 18 and YES she hasn't had the career Dunst has..but then who does?
As for my comment on Lohan's acting, she like you said hasn't done much quality work in her early career and currently. (that shows off her acting) Kirsten on the other hand has done some work that shows that she is good, but the past several years she hasn't impressed me at all.

In my opinion...looks wise (which was HUGE when the were casting Mary Jane) Lohan is as close as anyone in Hollywood.
Perhaps.

Here's something a lot of you are overlooking; Dunst wasn't hired for glamour. She was hired for chemistry. She connects w/Tobey onscreen. Who's to say whether LiLo would or not?

Chris Wallace said:
Here's something a lot of you are overlooking; Dunst wasn't hired for glamour. She was hired for chemistry. She connects w/Tobey onscreen. Who's to say whether LiLo would or not?

Newsflash she probably got the nod over anyone else because Raimi liked her in Jumanji or some movie she did before. I refuse to believe that Kirsten Dunst is the only actress alive who has chemistry with Tobey Mcguire. Did she blow him during her audition? WTF.

kirstengator.jpg

THIS SUMMER....

KIRSTEN DUNST IS....

THE CROCODILE HUNTRESS

CRIGEY!!!

just kidding. i wish i were that crocodile, though. :up: peace.

Lohan as MJ. :rolleyes:

It'd be another Michael Douglas/Catherine Zeta-Jones affair....but with substantially less talent.

lindsay_lohan15.jpg

I was totally against the idea of lohan being MJ but the girl CAN act and she's like 18 or 19 so yeah, in future spidey films the potential is there for her to be MJ.

I have read all the fors and againsts for lindsey lohan being MJ Watson, and I am very much a big fan of Kirtsen Dunst, and how she has portrayed the love interest of spidey, but having said that, i do believe dunst was mis-cast, even she said herslef she thought she was gonna be gwen stacy. I believe that in the comic books that MJ was a tall beautiful red head model, now neither lohan or dunst fit that bill, and in my mind the one girl that should have landed the role but didnt due to deficiency in her acting ability was Shannon Elizabeth. I dont know about u guys, but i believe she has the look, but i guess after being the naked foreign chick in American Pie would have shot down any hope of her being MJ, how can u take her seriously enough for a serious role like that, after seeing her in all her glory.
spidey.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"