Sequels If this isn't Mary Jane Watson then I'm blind

can any one else name a tall, good looking, good performing actress who could have done a better job than dunst in the first two films?

personally some of u may not like what im a bout to say, but here it goes:

I think the thing we all have to remember here about the comic book films is that no matter what they may do to try and please us into making a good film, they rnt going to please everyone. i have stated before that i dont like the fact that they target a wider audience for these films insted of us comic book readers. thing is we represent only a fraction of the total audience out there, and the rest of those who no nothing would prefer to see a simple laid out film that wont screw their brain around in every direction. thats what studios in the majority of times try to aim for, of course there are anomalies out there, but i believe if marvel was its own super-film making company, then yeah id say we would have what we want tied with a bow, but itll never happen when head honchos at fox, sony, universal, or any of the others see the big $$$$ that come with the marketing associated with the films.

ummm no offence but kirsten has dissapointed more then she has pleased so... i dont get exactly what your sayin

My opinion is that Lindsay Lohan would do a great job as MJ but you can't replace Dunst because she played MJ in 1 and 2, that is like replacing Framke for the X-men movies if they will do some after 3. Keep the original cast unless you can't get them at all. Oh by the way I have heard some reports that Halle Berry might be reprising her role as Storm. Dunst, Framke, Berry, or any of them you just can't replace because they played the characters twice. Why would you want to replace Dunst. She is the same age as me but i'm a few months older than her.

spideyboy_1111 said:
ummm no offence but kirsten has dissapointed more then she has pleased so... i dont get exactly what your sayin

what i'm really saying is two things

1. Not everybody can be pleased everyday.
2. You cant always get what you want.

third thing i wanna say is, who did u want to see play MJ from the start if not Kirsten Dunst? cos ur all offering up who should play MJ after dunst quits.

Spider-Mania2 said:
what i'm really saying is two things

1. Not everybody can be pleased everyday.
2. You cant always get what you want.

third thing i wanna say is, who did u want to see play MJ from the start if not Kirsten Dunst? cos ur all offering up who should play MJ after dunst quits.

i get what you mean but hardly anyone even non comic fans were pleased.
and who cares if we cant get what we want, at least let us get something decent.

And I for one couldnt really pick who i wanted for MJ considering they had already casted them when i found out a spider-man movie was getting made.

Also I thought Kirsten would have been great at first... till i saw spidey 1... and then began to hate her in spidey 2.. I think there are many actresses who could take over her spot easily

well i pretty much get that feeling in here that no one likes her, but i talk to a few ppl here, where i live with no connection to comics at all and they find her to be a pretty decent actress.

look i know how u hard core fans feel about these kinds of things, and your right, but i mean at the end of the day the films have made millions and millions of dollars, have recieved fantastic reviews, and are two of the better recent comic book films that have been made behind the two xmen films.

elvislennon2005 said:
My opinion is that Lindsay Lohan would do a great job as MJ
Yeah, she can lip-sync her lines like she does her horrible music.:cool:

*Takes out gun and points it towards your head*

Spider-Mania2 said:
well i pretty much get that feeling in here that no one likes her, but i talk to a few ppl here, where i live with no connection to comics at all and they find her to be a pretty decent actress.
The keywords here are " no connection to comics" which usually means that they're 'smarter' than the average 'geek.':spidey:

Spider-Mania2 said:

look i know how u hard core fans feel about these kinds of things, and your right, but i mean at the end of the day the films have made millions and millions of dollars, have recieved fantastic reviews, and are two of the better recent comic book films that have been made behind the two xmen films.
thats funny... all my non comic fans did like her and found her **** hot in spidey 1 but they all made fun of her lines and then had a ball with how bad she looked in most the scenes in 2 and how fake she came off

i think everyone thinks she looked better in 1...shes the only one who thought she looked better in 2

i agree... she looked and acted better in spider-man one... and i think thats because she had fun with it. In spider-man 2 she was quoated as saying "spider-man should die" and that she didn't want to be in a 4th movie. Spider-man 2 was more of a "job" for her she didn't have her heart in it. Hell if you watch one of her interviews she seems oblivious and repetitive on all her feeling on spider-man 2, like she was force fed them. It reminded me of a student trying to explain themselves to a teacher

maybe she had felt the way she did because she had never done a sequel before. I mean if u think about it, it must be a daunting task to have to get urself to act, and try and portray feelings again in a sequel, where as she has never before, that with spider-man it would pull at ur emotions and stuff, if u know what i mean.

i guess the key to it is that to do the job, u gotta be able to have fun with what ur doing. and if ur not, then it will seem like hard work.

it could be that there was truth to a rumour i had read, that said dunst hated mcguire because when the first movie was made they were linked in real life, and he used her as a devise to lift his image. so that also could have made it harder.

Spidergurl4302 said:
i think everyone thinks she looked better in 1...shes the only one who thought she looked better in 2

she is progressively getting uglier...

damn u raimi! cast someone who fits MJ's description!!!!!!!

[alright... i need to calm down :)]

i find it hilarious because MJ in the comics and in the movies is a model and Kirsten... she hasn't looked like a model in the movies at all...

spideyboy_1111 said:
i find it hilarious because MJ in the comics and in the movies is a model and Kirsten... she hasn't looked like a model in the movies at all...

It goes back to what I've been saying all along.... Movie MJ is not even a shadow of Comic MJ.

What we have in both SM movies is a Mary Jane/Gwen Stacy/Betty Brant hybrid. Raimi dropped the ball a bit on her character.

well her history is very much the same, and in spider-man 1 she was fine. But spidey 2, while becoming an actress and model like MJ... Kirsten did not act like MJ

no, thats not right at all.
espeically her voice its all....painfully irritating
shes not a very good actor
she looks different in every other picture, espicially those gross ones of the fake tan.

she doesn't sound or look anything like mj should.
kirsten is a good mj, and if you dont like her well its to late, there not going to recast her

imo

but shes leaving after three so like i said heres looking foward to spider-man 4 :up: :p

TheFly32 said:
no, thats not right at all.
espeically her voice its all....painfully irritating
shes not a very good actor
she looks different in every other picture, espicially those gross ones of the fake tan.

she doesn't sound or look anything like mj should.
kirsten is a good mj, and if you dont like her well its to late, there not going to recast her

imo
dude ur blind if u think Kirsten look more like MJ then lohan

im not a fan of Lohan but i could have even played MJ better then Kirsten in spider-man 2 :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"