Comics If your favorite character...

Manic

User title? USER TITLE?!
Reaction score
If your favorite character was featured in only one comic book, but you hated the way the comic was written and how said character was portrayed, would you still continue to buy the book?

Nope. A bad comic is a bad comic is a bad comic. I won't sift through garbage to keep up with any character, even my favorite.

I have and I will. HEck I've bought bad comics about characters I didn't even like, why wouldn't I buy bad comics about characters I like??

I used to, I kept buying all those God-awful Venom limited series comics just because I like Venom.

Maybe if it had really good art.

That's the only exception. But I said 'no', because no, I won't read crap just to see my favorite character sounding like crap.

On one hand, I voted no on the purchase...but after considering things, I realized that I continually buy Amazing Spider-Man. Spider-Man is my favorite super hero (over all), and I feel no shame in saying that Amazing has been directly on both ends of the spectrum. It has yet to fall inbetween. The stories are either really ****ty or really great (Ezikiel or Sins Past). So, in essence, my purchasing habit states that I would buy a ****ty book, just for my favorite character.

Nope. No way do I support crap writers making a mess of my favorite characters.

I picked yes, i buy anything that has Rogue in it. The way i see it badly written Rogue is better than no Rogue at all, but it does get me down when she is written badly.

No, because I dont want to see my favorite character(s) suffer.

Interesting question.

My answer is unfortunately NO despite wanting to support my favourite characters through thick and thin.

I haven't liked the majority of X-Men solo books. Wolverine is the obvious exception. Quite often they only get average writers / artists in the long run.

Sad but true.

Manic said:
If your favorite character was featured in only one comic book, but you hated the way the comic was written and how said character was portrayed, would you still continue to buy the book?
he wouldn't be my favourite character anymore, simple

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunStorm333
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"